Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Vingt-deux

Image


It was the longest night the both of them had. They waited for the three to arrive. But the hardest thing to do, was call Zayn’s parents. Avery refused to do it; she just couldn’t. So, it was Harry who made the call.

“Hello Mrs. Malik?” Harry spoke through the phone.

“Harry?” Zayn’s mom answered.

“There’s terrible news... Mrs. Malik.” Harry started, but he couldn’t. So he quickly asked the doctor who was present to break the news to Mrs. Malik.

The doctor remained calm and managed to speak through the phone professionally. But it was hard for the Avery and Harry to hear Mrs. Malik’s wails through the phone. They had to literally cover their eyes to avoid the weeps and concerned screams of the bothered mother.

Louis and Liam came minutes later after Niall and Harry both called them. Lou started freaking out, and asking questions that both Harry and Niall couldn’t answer. Liam, being the mature one, gave an ‘I’m on my way’ sentence and hung up.

Thank God the others came to lighten up the mood.

But it was still horrible.

All five of them; Liam, Harry, Niall, Louis and Avery, sat down in one sofa, hoping for the best. They didn’t talk about anything. Only a casual, ‘what happened?’ or ‘do you think he’s okay?” is just asked, but none of them could even answer the questions they were asking.

Avery felt horrible the most. She knew it was her fault. If she hadn’t over reacted so stupidly this would’ve never happened. Zayn would’ve never driven drunk. And he wouldn’t be here in this hospital right now, he wouldn’t be... she started sobbing. Hard.

“Shh.” Harry said, pulling her in for a hug. “Avery, shhh.”

“It’s my fault. This is all my fault.” She cried, making her emotions as heavy as it was, even more.

Harry’s heart dropped. He hated how Avery blamed herself because of what happened. And just like everybody else in that room, they were all helpless. “It’s not your fault love.”

But Avery was unconvinced. She knew it was her fault.

She knew that if she didn’t reacted the way she did during her birthday party. None of this would’ve happened.

Therefore, she blamed herself.

--*--


All of them slept, except Harry. He just couldn’t point out why Zayn would do that to Avery. He could vaguely remember that moment when Harry was supposed to confess everything he feels for Avery, but then Zayn went weird and came up to her first and asked her on a date.

Now that Avery told him the whole story, it just made him more confused than ever.

But before Harry could think about it any further, a doctor went up to Harry and stared at him first. Harry looked up at him. “Harry Styles right?”

Harry nodded.

“Would you like to visit Zayn?”

Harry nodded again. “How is he doctor?”

“He’s still in critical state, but he’s much stable than he was before. He had a concussion and some bones are partially broken, but other than that, he’s okay. But we don’t know how long the coma will take, that fact will be up to him.” The doctor explained to Harry as they walked pass the halls.

Harry didn’t wake the three others, since they needed the rest. And besides, Harry wanted to talk to Zayn, right now, one on one.

“He’s in here.” Said the doctor, gesticulating over a normal hospital door.

“Thanks.”

Harry went in and saw the pale body of Zayn all plastered in bandages. He had a pretty messed up face, bruises there, and bruises everywhere. But he could see there’s an intense bruise on the back of his head, and he couldn’t hold unto the emotions anymore.

He sat down beside the Zayn’s hospital bed and had to look away. He was feeling this heavy gut feeling right in the pit of his stomach. All that hate and melancholy he felt suddenly deteriorated. No matter what Zayn did to Avery, Harry was so sure, this is something he didn’t deserve.

“Zayn.” He managed to murmur out of the beep of the machine right beside Zayn. “I’m sorry.”

All of a sudden, tears abruptly rolled down Harry’s rosy cheeks. He gripped on Zayn’s weak, cold hand and held them tightly. “But despite everything, what did you do to her Zayn? I trusted you with her. I thought you were the best for her. I thought you’d take care of her.” He stammered, with waterworks free falling from his emerald eyes. “I thought you loved her!”

But no matter how loud Harry screamed, there was no answer. The only thing heard were the constant beeps that was keeping Zayn alive and breathing, and it made it more awful.

“I thought you loved her.” He said, again. But this time, his voice was cracking and low. “Because if you really did love her Zayn, you wouldn’t be here right now! You wouldn’t leave her worried sick, depressed, and alone. You wouldn’t ruin her birthday like this. You wouldn’t let her blame yourself for whatever happened to you! You wouldn’t-----“

Then Harry broke down, his head falling over on the hands of his and Zayn’s. “If you really did love her Zayn, if you wanted her to be happy, you wouldn’t take her away from me from the beginning.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well yeah. Zayn's in stable condition now and he's fine. So calm down women! Hahaha. But isn't Harry adorable in the last part?