Status: Feedbacks will really help. Thanks! :3

Gotta Be You

Vingt-Trois

Image


“You should talk to him Avery.” Liam suggested, finishing his third can of Coke while Avery, on the other hand, finishes her fourth. “Tell him how you feel.”

“How? He’s unconscious.” She said, burping right after.

Liam laughs. “Not Zayn silly, Harry!”

She narrowed her eyes and then scratched her temple. “And why should I exactly?”

Liam gave a serious look and leaned in closer. “Because he’s your best friend?”

A best friend, Avery thought. She thought about how Harry ignored her all those years without any reason and Zayn was there to be with her all those times. She can’t help but wonder that Zayn has been more of a best friend/boyfriend than Harry has ever been. Sure, Harry was with her through her early ages, but those were the days they were innocent. And when they were finally in the right age, Harry left her alone and deserted. He chose to ignore her and forget.

“He’s not my best friend.”

Liam sighed. “Really now?”

She nodded. “Yeah, really.”

--*--


“You should talk to her Haz.” Louis said, tapping Harry’s shoulder. “Say sorry and explain your side quite simply and softly.”

Harry chuckled under his frustrated breath. “Since when were you giving out love advice Boo Bear?” he asked, teasing him.

Louis blushes. “Since I met Eleanor.” He said, serious but remained calm and beaming.

Harry smiled. He was glad that Lou finally fell in love once again. Harry was scared that Lou might close his heart right after the disheartening break-up he had with Hannah Walker. Lou once said that he will never love a girl because of that. But Eleanor proved all his perceptions wrong. Harry was thankful that he’s bestfriend is happy, even if he’s not.

“But she won’t listen.”

“’Cause your approach is wrong,” Lou explained. “When you explain to her, you sort of make Zayn the bad guy, but he’s not. Sure, he did wrong things to Avery, but that’s not the point. Avery still loves him. Feelings don’t usually disappear just because someone hurt you. It stays there for a while or for a long time. In Avery’s case, it’s still there.”

Harry gave out a long sigh. Avery doesn’t deserve to be go through this. Zayn doesn’t deserve her. But she’s his best friend, and he can’t do anything about it but be there for his best friend whenever she needed him, even if it pains him; even if it’s breaking his heart to see Avery falling in love with the same person who hurt her so many times.

“Okay then.” he said, massaging his fingers. “Whatever you say Lou.”

Louis gives a curious look and elbows Harry. “Don’t tell me...”

Harry sighs again and nods. “I still do Lou. And I have no idea what to do.”

“But she’s still Zayn’s----“

“I know! Why do you think I feel horrible right now? I already feel shitty about Zayn’s accident and Avery not talking to me and this feeling I feel makes it more terrible.” Harry cut him off. But then he hopelessly exhales. “But it doesn’t matter now. She’ll never love me. And I have to be with her, she needs me.”

Out of everything that has been happening, Louis impulsively hugs Harry. Harry, on the other hand, just let him and hugged him back. “You’re going to be okay Haz. And if not, what doesn't kill you make you stronger, so they say.”

“You mean, what Kelly Clarkson said?” Harry smiles, right after the hug.

“Yeah, like what she sang.”

And then they both laugh. They laughed so hard that Niall was woken up behind them on his seat. “What, what happened?” he said, shocked from the ruckus.

Then they both laugh once again. Niall raised both his eyebrows and rolled his eyes. “Why thank you for waking me up for nothing.” He said with his Irish voice and then went back to sleeping.
Harry looked at Louis trying his hardest not to laugh, but then the entire funny, humorous ambiance suddenly disappeared when their Uncle Simon appeared inside the hospital with his shades on and one body guard. He immediately found them and waved a casual wave.

“Boys.”

“Simon.” They greeted, bro hugging him.

Simon takes off his shades and his eyes showed concern and worry. “How’s Zayn?”

“The same.” Harry answered, since he was the one who saw him recently.

Simon nods. “I know this is a very critical moment for all of you, and I know you guys are tired and dead worried. But there’s something you’re obliged to do. And as much as I want to do this for you boys, it shouldn’t come from me, but you yourselves only.”

Louis and Harry looked at each other. “What is it?” Lou asked.

Simon breathed. “You have to tell your fans about the accident.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it took so long. Enjoy!