Status: It's going, maybe

FinalHeart Investigations

Odd place for a phone

“Shit shit shit!” Roxas swore and paced across the room. Once they had been informed of their fate, they had been taken to a room that closely resembled a prison cell. Right down to the iron bars on the window.
“Roxas?”
“Keep it up, Rox. Maybe you’ll wear the floor down enough for us to escape!” Demyx encouraged sarcastically.
“Demyx?”
“At least I’m trying to think of something!” Roxas hissed at Demyx who rolled his eyes in response.
“If you had kept your mouth shut we wouldn’t be in this mess!” Demyx retorted angrily.
“Guys?”
“Like it’s my fault! You almost lost the information!”
Sora looked from Roxas to Demyx, neither of them were listening. Ven and Sora exchanged a look, before Sora nodded and put his hands to his ears.
“GUYS!” Ven roared and they immediately stopped arguing. Ven never yelled. Never.
They all looked at him, even Cloud who had been lost in his thoughts. Ven looked back at Sora and shrugged, “They’re all ears.”
Sora grinned at Ven before turning to Roxas, “they didn’t take my shoes.”
“Your shoes? Why would they take your shoes?” Demyx asked and Roxas looked confused.
Sora sighed and rolled his eyes, “don’t tell me you’ve forgotten what you did to my shoes.”
Roxas closed his eyes and face palmed, “how could I have forgotten that?”
“What? What did you do to Sora’s shoes?” Cloud finally broke his silence to ask.
“Well…”Roxas started, “I sliced the bottom off of his shoe and hollowed out the inside, so I could fit everything in there. I compacted it as much as I could. I put a receiver in one end and a low-decibel mic so the user can be easily heard through the sole of the shoe, which I reinforced with aluminum alloy so the unit won’t get damaged. I also put a pretty damn expensive antenna in there, so it can be used when we're in the middle of nowhere.”
Demyx, Ven and Cloud all looked at him blankly and Sora sighed. “It’s basically a hidden phone in my shoe.”
Ven smiled, “why didn’t you tell us earlier?”
“Well, I tried but those two idiots were arguing.” Sora explained and glared at his brother and senior.
They both flinched and glanced at each other, “sorry.”
Cloud sighed and got up from his seat on the floor. “Well? Why are we still wasting time, call Mickey!” Sora nodded and took of his shoe, raising it to his ear, he hesitated. “What do I say?”
Cloud thought for a moment before replying. “Tell him where we are and what is going to happen.”
“Right...” Sora started and paused, “Where are we?”
Cloud sighed, it was going to be a long day/night whatever.

*


Vanitas stood in the room with the stage, frozen. The others had gone into a room across the hall to discuss plans and interrogative tactics. Vanitas couldn’t believe it, his prey had finally been captured, and he finally had Ventus in his reach.
After so long, it seemed unreal. Could that boy with the wavering voice really be the
one he had sought after for so long? He had to make sure, and the only way he could do that was by meeting with him face to face.
Slowly he made his way to the security room, he would be the one to interrogate the blonde boy from his past. But, until that time came he would watch the prisoners and observe their tactics when imprisoned and hey, most of them were hot.
Vanitas sat down on a green wheelie chair and stared intently at the screens, searching for the one that showed the prison cell.
After a few minutes of aimless clicking around, Vani finally stumbled upon a group on the monitors. They were standing in a loose circle, the others focusing on what seemed to be the small brunette boy. Vanitas brought his face to the screen and peered at it, was that a shoe near his ear?
Vanitas frowned, and held his hand to his ear piece. “Riku, Axel. Meet me in the dungeon, something’s up.” Vanitas stood and walked out of the room and headed towards the dungeon.

...


Axel sighed and ran a hand through his flame-red hair, trying to calm his nerves. He wished Vanitas had called someone else, that demon-child gave him the creeps.
Riku, noticing Axel’s discomfort smirked evilly.
“What’s wrong, Axel? That little runt got you running scared?” Riku couldn’t help but taunt.
“Shut up, Ricky.” Axel hissed in reply, “I swear that kid ain’t human sometimes. He’s just….” Axel trailed off as they reached the dungeon doorway and his gaze fell on the raven haired, demon-eyed teen.
Vanitas scowled and crossed his arms angrily, “You took your sweet time.” He snapped before turning to face the door, “I saw them doing something and thought we should check it out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wewt! Another chapter!
It's short but the next one is longer!
Comment/subscribe, you know you want to