Status: Active (updated as often as I can)

Save your heart.

Up all night.

I put my hair in a bun, turned my back to John and showed him the tattoo.

"Straight to my heart." He said. Then, he said nothing more.

"So?" I asked doubtful.

"I like it a lot, Jessie." He gave me a little kiss on the neck. "I really like it."

"I'm glad." I smiled, relieved. I turned around and continued to eat.

"So, straight to your heart too?" He cheekily smiled.

"Straighter than straight." What did I just say? Love really makes you stupid. Fuck.

We talked about some other things, and then, we ate the cookies I made.

"They're really good!" John said.

"Thanks!" I chuckled. "I'm improving my kitchen skills."

"I'm willing to taste some of those plates you cook." John said chuckling.

We ate all the cookies and John talked in a more serious way.

"Jessie, I've got some not-so-good news for you..."

I said nothing, I was not expecting him to break up, as everything seemed normal, so I tried to calm down as it could be anything else.

"I'm going on tour."

The perks of dating a member of a band. It obviously made me sad that he was going to be gone for quite a long time, but well, gotta deal with it, right?

"Well...that's your job...but I'm going to miss you."

"I know...I'm going to miss you as well. I mean, I've been on tour before, but I've never had a girlfriend while I've been gone before." He chuckled.

"How long will it be?"

"We're going to Brazil first...and then we're touring the US, so...it'll be quite a long time. A couple of months or so."

We laid on the tablecloth and I cuddled in his chest. Two fucking months....

"Promise you'll call me every once in a while." I said.

"I promise." He said.

We stayed there for half an hour or so. Then, we put my bike -Dakota needed my car and that was the only way of transportation I had- in his trunk and drove home.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"Next week." He said.

The thought of having to say goodbye next week scared me. I only had a week to prepare myself for that! I was going to terribly miss him, so much, that I already missed him.

A tear ran through my cheek.

John noticed and caressed my left leg while he was driving, but I held his hand and played with his fingers.

"We're throwing a goodbye party next Thursday. Also, I got you and Dakota tickets for the Arizona date, which is the last one."

"Good, thanks. I suppose the party is for all the bands, right?" John nodded. "Who are you touring with?"

"We're having Austin open for us. The venues are not huge."

"Good." I kissed his hand and released it because he was driving the car with just one hand. And I didn't want to die.

"Do you have any plan for the evening?" I asked him as he parked in front of my house.

"No, why?"

"I thought we could go to one of those rolling discos." I laughed.

"Okay. We're doing it." He laughed, too.

"Hold on just one second, I'll be right back. I'll take something to drink on our way there." I said before getting out of the car and crossing the street.

I entered home, opened the fridge and remembered Garrett and I drank all the juice the day before, so I grabbed a couple of sodas and went out.

"We had no beers." I said, getting back in the car.

"Doesn't matter" John said starting the engine.

We arrived to the disco roller place expecting the worse. We knew there was one in town, but neither of us had ever been there. We put our rollers on and got to the dance floor/skating rink. It was smaller than the half of a football pitch and we were the only ones there, but we weren't surprised, it was still 5.30 pm.

70's music was playing and there also were some fancy green and pink lights dancing around the place. It was quite funny.

We started dancing and skating. I'm sure it was quite awkward to watch us.

The music was pretty good, and at 6.45 pm, still, no one had come. It was just us. The owner was probably bored and watching us -which is creepy- because he suddenly played some slow music.

This was the second time I danced with John after the day at the Emergency Exit.

I rested my head on John's chest and just listened his heartbeat.

"We only have a week left..." I whispered.

"I know..." It'd be the first time we were apart for a long time, but I had to be strong.

The disco guy played a couple more of slow songs, and surprisingly, I knew some of the lyrics.

We left the disco and had dinner at my house with Dakota and Garrett.

"Garrett, do your parents miss you?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe." He laughed while he was eating a slice of pizza. I really loved him like a brother.

"You may not believe it," I pulled a face "but I'm gonna miss your presence in the house." I laughed.

Dakota and John were talking about something I didn't even understand. Neither did Garrett.

"Yeah, me too. But I'll be back, don't worry." We laughed.

-

John spent the night at my house, in my bed, with me. I was kinda exhausted after the disco roller, but I still had some energy left for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, here's the second part to the chapter I uploaded yesterday. This one's longer, so I hope you forgive me for the lack of posting...haha. I really am sorry. I know I update the story once in a while and not very regularly, but I don't forget about it. In fact, it haunts me that you guys want to kill me because I don't upload in months. So, yeah, I feel really guilty. But in my defense, I'll say that I finished my exams last week hahaha.

Hope you like it! And don't hesitate to leave me a comment!