Status: Active (updated as often as I can)

Save your heart.

On our darkest days, when we're miles away, we'll find our way home.

*3 months later*

"I wanted to tell you before...but that way it wouldn't be a surprise." My brother said scratching the back of his head. John, Katie, James and I were at his house, catching up since we hadn't been together for quite some time.

"We're getting married!" Katie said beyond excited.

"WHAT? NO! REALLY? OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY. THIS IS GREAT!" I hugged Katie before my brother. I had become really close with her since 'The Dinner' some months ago. "I'm so so happy for you guys!" I squeezed her tightly.

"Thanks Jay." She hugged me right back. Then, I got onto my brother.

"This is so great!" I kissed him on the cheek and he and I walked to the kitchen to make some tea. There was always tea in his house. There was always tea at home when we were little. We loved it.

"Don't you think it a little bit hasty?" He whispered, expecting I'd say so. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to marry her, but people surely will think this is a rushed thing."

"What? No! Maybe? But no it's not! You guys are doing the right thing! It's been what, like, 9 months you've been together? Whatever. This is great news." I emphasized the great. He was widely smiling, proud of himself and proud of what he had with Katie. Proud that he'd finally decided to pop the big question. I had never seen that look on his face, and I liked it. Katie was the best thing that happened to him.

As soon as we got out of their house, we drove home. Well, John drove me home.

"This is the first wedding I'll be attending, how exciting!" I made some weird noises due to my excitement. I often got excited over other people's stuff. I was not getting married, but I was really excited. It almost felt like I was the bride. Weird.

"I'm really happy for them, too." John grinned. "You will probably be a bridesmaid, won't you."

"Yeah!" I looked at him with my mouth wide open, smiling."

"Stop it with your preciousness." He chuckled. I chuckled.

"Sorry." I apologized.

I later told Dakota that my brother was getting married and she seemed excited too. We had grown up together, therefore, it was exciting and special. Dakota had met Katie before, and she agreed with me; she thought she was gorgeous and really nice. Remember when I thought Dakota and my brother would end up together? I'd always had that feeling as far as I can remember. But they both had perfect couples now, so I was content. I was really blessed to have such magnificent people in my life.

James later texted me saying that the wedding would be in June. It was November now, so that was quite a long time. Quite a short time, though, in matters of wedding planning. I couldn't help but think that one day, the one walking down the aisle would be me. I didn't want to think about that, but I couldn't help it. I had such bad luck in life; everything I wanted to do or planned in my head never happened. So as much as I wanted to imagine my life next to John in the future, I had to force myself not to do it. I always fucked things up. I had to learn to live the present. And the present was November 2012.