Status: Active (updated as often as I can)

Save your heart.

Can you chase away the darkness?

"Look, Mollie, we have some older ones here!" An elder man said to his wife, adjusting his glasses.

"Oh, how nice!" The woman said, walking slowly towards the door. Dakota, Pat and I had gone trick or treating. I should probably be worried that Helena was still at the party John was. Plus, John was tipsy when I left. But the truth is, I was not. I was just angry at her. "Stay off John, bitch" is what I told her before leaving. I know how bitchy girls can be; I'm a girl myself. After Dakota found me on the kitchen drinking Vodka shots, she decided that we were going trick or treating. She literally slapped me in the face and grabbed me by the arm. Pat randomly joined us.

The couple gave us some sweets and we keep walking until the next house.

"Man, these sweets are great." Pat said, chewing a bunch of different ones. He was dressed up as The Little Mermaid. It was funny. He was one of my favorite people in the world. Since I was tipsy, I told him so. "Thanks, Jessie! Yeah, you're in my Top 30, too. Maybe Top 20."

"Wow, that's such an achievement for me." I said giggling. "I'm not as likeable as I would want to." I murmured to myself. Hello, emo me.

"Trick or treat?" Dakota said when a woman opened the door she had knocked. Everyone seemed so surprised to see not so young kids trick or treating. But hey, who doesn't want free sweets? The woman poured a bunch of candy into our bag.

"Keep the spirit alive!" She said before closing the door.

We sat at a park just around the corner and ate the candy. There were kids all over, which was fun to watch.

"We're going touring soon." Pat said. "Kinda bittersweet." Musicians were so underestimated. It is really hard to be away from your loved ones for more than a month. I would miss John terribly, but it was his John. Take it or leave it, and I was definitely taking it. Even if he had to be away 11 months out of 12, I'd still be with him. I didn't like to ask where they were going; that way, I wouldn't know how far he was. It's less painful, I guess. It was time they invented tele-transporting.

"Yeah." I said. "But you're not going yet, so how about we do a couple of houses more and then go back to the party?"

"Let's just hope Helena is not there." Dakota laughed.

"I honestly don't care anymore. I want to dance." I shrugged and elbowed Pat. "Will you dance with me, Little Mermaid?"

"Sure. This sugar is giving me such a big energy burst." He laughed. "Oh, and I heard Helena was going to another party later on, so, yeah, she's probably not there anymore."

"Well, that's a bonus." I laughed.