Status: Active (updated as often as I can)

Save your heart.

I'll be yours through all the years.

I spent my morning at work, as usual. They recently promoted me and changed my working hours to 7.30 to 12.30. Weird working hours, but oh well, I now worked less hours and earned more money, so it was a win win. As soon as I walked out of the building, I called Dakota and invited her to lunch. She was on her lunch break, so she gladly accepted. I drove near her workplace and met her at the café we were eating at.

"Hello, friend." She greeted me.

"Hello, Dakota." I smiled.

"Come on let's get in, I have 25 minutes left and I'm starving." She walked ahead of me and I followed her.

"Yeah, I'm good by the way, thanks for asking!" I ironically said, laughing.

"Why would I ask. I saw you this morning and you were alright." Dakota said, shrugging, half-smiling.

"You are just using me. What an awful best friend." I fake-cried.

"I am." She laughed.

"You cheeky thing..."

We ordered two hamburgers and water. Hamburgers was the only thing they had at the café, and we didn't have a problem with that.

"Oh, your brother's wedding invitations arrived today. I opened mine already. I excited!"

"So am I! I was gonna be a bridesmaid, but he recently told me they're not having neither bridesmaids nor groomsmen, so..."

"Oh."

"But I'm going to walk him down the aisle. Which I think it's even better."I told her, smiling. It was great news, and I was way more excited than when he told me I was going to be a bridesmaid, but at the same time, it was kinda sad since my mother was supposed to be there and be the one to walk him.

"That's amazing!"

"Yeah. Plus, I get to wear whatever I want." I laughed.

"Oh boy, that sounds wrong. Don't you wear anything hideous!" Dakota laughed, too.

"I guess I won't be able to wear my garbage bag, then..."

I joked about Garrett's beard, too. Dakota laughed, but I knew she liked it. She loved Garrett and she would love him even if he decided to braid his beard.

I paid the bill and we walked out. Dakota went back to work and I went back to my car. I drove to the mall and walked around for a bit. I initially went to pay the ring, but I loved walking around the mall. I love watching the shop windows while drinking coffee. I like to stop and watch the items for a bit, but then again, not all the shops have windows, or even if they have, they don't have items exposed. Any of the ways, I don't mind walking in and looking at the things. I also like to listen to other people's conversations. It may be weird, but sometimes they're funny. I like to have that time for myself. It's really interesting just to be quiet, turn off your phone and walk. Walk and listen what's around you. After an hour or so -I could do that for years-, I walked to the jeweler's shop. I picked the ring and drove back home. Once I parked, I took the ring out of its case and looked at the engraving.

"Wow, beautiful typography." I said even though I was alone. I decided to text John. The park we walked Lucky and your dog. 4pm. I hope he had nothing else to do. Meanwhile, I watched the time pass laid down on the sofa, drinking some tea and watching Breakfast at Tiffany's on Netflix. When the movie was over, I walked upstairs to my bedroom and laid -again- on my bed. I decided to put some red lipstick on. I hated glossiness, so I only had matte lipsticks, even though I rarely wore lipstick. I sometimes wish I was a pin up. My hair was a mess, so I put it in a high-bun. I looked at myself in the mirror and it was one of the few times I felt really beautiful. That's what bold-colored lipstick does to you, I guess.

It was nearly 4 pm, so I went downstairs and got in the car. I drove to the park and John was already there. I got out of the car and smiled at him.

"Hey, pretty thing." He kissed me quickly "What's the reason of this?"

"Well, I like dogs." I joked. I really like dogs, though.

"I like your lips. You look amazing." He kissed me again. I smiled.

"Thanks." I think I blushed.

We walked by the hand until we found a quiet place. Near the dog park, but not so near. Near enough to see them but far enough not to hear them bark.

"I got you something." I said, sat with my legs crossed like an Indian.

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

"Well, I love my dog, but I don't buy him things."

"Hey, great example." I grabbed a stick and threw it. "Go get it, doggie!"

"I didn't mean it like that." He laughed.

"Well, you compared yourself to your dog." I chuckled.

"I meant like in you didn't have to do it!"

"But I wanted, and I already did it. So suck on that, Jawn." I stuck my tongue out and smiled. He smiled and my heart pounded a little faster. He was gonna kill me some day, I swear. "So... I've noticed that you sometimes wear a silver band ring on your index finger... and me, being as original as I am, I've decided to buy you another one!" I added some emphasis there, regretting it at the second and embarrassing myself. I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead with one hand. "But... umm... I engraved something on it. You can switch between the two of them now, I don't know!" I stopped being awful and simply gave him the box.

"Thank you, Jessie." He widely smiled. He opened the box and looked at the ring's engraving. "I really like it!" You have made my life complete is the quote I chose to engrave. He was not as big fan of Elvis as I was, but it was my favorite song and I knew he liked it anyway. I just wanted him to have something that reminded him of me. Of us.

"I also got you a chain. Maybe if you don't want to wear it on your finger, you can wear it hanging off your neck." I shrugged.

"It fits right, too." He put it on his finger and held my hand. "Ilysm." He said in a pitchy voice. He kissed me and I laughed.

"Oh, get off!" I laughed again. We stood up and kept walking by the hand. "And, I have my methods." I winked and smiled.

I actually took his ring off him once and tried it on all my fingers. It happened to fit on my thumb, so that's where I got the size from. He actually noticed all these details always, so he either honestly didn't remember, or didn't want to remember.