Status: Active (updated as often as I can)

Save your heart.

It's hard to keep a straight face when I just want to smile.

"I'm a cool uncle, don't you think." Pat said and I nodded chuckling

"Indeed."

We were at Pat's house. He was holding a barbecue for about 20 people. He said he was not going to be the chef, though. Apparently, he was not a great cook.

"You have to let me braid your hair some day. Just for fun, please." I seriously couldn't contain every time I saw him. His hair is so long and so straight that you just wanna do it.

"Maybe some day. You're not the first one to ask me that." He chuckled.

In that moment Kennedy arrived with a girl.

"Is that Kenny's girlfriend?" I asked Pat.

"Yeah, her name's M-"

"Megan." I finished the sentence.

"You know her?" He looked really surprised.

"Yeah. We were friends in high school." I couldn't stop looking at her. It had been 6 or 7 years since I last saw her.

"You should approach her. She probably doesn't know anybody here." Pat said smiling and nodding.

"But you've met her before, right?"

"Yeah, a couple times."

I debated whether to approach her already or not. Since she looked a little shy and quite out of place, I decide I'd go right in that moment. I wanted to surprise her, so I did what I could.

"I'm going to talk to her now."

"Great! Tell me how it goes later." Pat said while I stood up from the chair.

"Sure." I started to walk away.

I was just a couple feet away. I was facing her back, so that was not going to surprise her much, but anyway...

"Megosaur." I said.

She turned around really slow, like she already knew who told her that -she certainly did-. She was looking at the ground, smiling. Then she looked up and saw me, and in that moment, her smile spread wider, ear to ear.

"Essie!" We probably looked like fools, smiling like fools and hugging each other like fools and stuff. Whatever.

"What a surprise! What are you doing here?" I held her hand and we walked to some place where we could seat and chat.

"Well, I went to college here and had the luck to find a job, and the rest is history. What about you? I heard about your parents when it happened... I'm so sorry..."

"It's alright."

"But I thought you were in New York!" We chuckled.

"I moved three years ago or so. My brother was already here and I was feeling really lonely in New York, so I thought I'd move here. I'm living with Dakota, actually." We were in the same group of friends, of course she did!

"Of course!"

"She must be around here, I'll get her later." I smiled. I was so happy to see Meg! She was as nice as she had ever been. What a really pleasant surprise.

We talked and talked and then Dakota joined us and we talked and talked and talked a little more. It was really funny that we were friends and were dating three guys in the same band, though. Pretty funny. It was also funny that the three of us decided to move to Arizona. Life's funny sometimes.

It's not as funny when the guys are away, though. But sometimes, when life puts a rock in your way, it also puts a trampoline near that rock so that you can pass over it easily. You still have to jump over the rock, but it's also much easier.

Meg made that trampoline of mine much taller, and I guess Dakota and I made hers taller too. After all, we were friends and we were living the same situation. We'd lean on each other, we'd find comfort on each other, we'd be there for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
First, thank you AlexAddiction for leaving a comment!
I hope you all like this chapter! Tell me what you think about it! :)