Sequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Status: Completed.

I'll Let You Live.

The first degree was a riot.

I can't remember the exact day and time of when I met the Sykes brothers, but I knew it was around the year I was going into grade 9. I remember having to wait at the bus stop at the end of the street we all happened to live on.

As I waited in the cold I heard loud laughing and talking which caused me to glane behind me to see two boys walking over at a quick pace.

"Oye, are yeh new here?" The one who appeared to be older asked.

I nodded and the younger boy spoke, "yeh live next door to us yeah?"

"I don't really know."

He laughed, "I'm Tom this is me brotha Oli."

"Alexis."

"Yeh American?"

"No. I'm faking." I joked and Oli laughed, "How old are yeh?"

"14."

"My age."

Tom gave me a shy grin as the bus pulled up and that was that. They both ended up being my best friends from that point on.

All thoughout high school Oli and I basically did nothing without each other. Not that I minded, I loved being around him. Although when his band began to take off I spent a lot of time with Tom. Probably because I missed Oli but Tom didn't ever address that, which I was thankful for.

Let me just say our relationship never went further than friends, well that was until our senior year when we stupidly played a game of spin the bottle and ended up kissing which caused us to have a few kissing sessions without a bottle days later.

It wasn't that big of a deal though. I mean, yeah we made out occasionally so what? It meant nothing really...

Of course I still told myself that when we went from just kissing to sex after graduation.

Sex was an understatement. We slept together a lot. Maybe it was hormones, maybe it was because we secretly wanted each other whatever it was it happened either way.

And yet, I still tried to not be the one effected by it and I acted as normal as possible when we were around our friends and apparently I was better at lying than I thought.

So good actually that Oli had asked Tom and I to go on tour with his band this summer. Tom was really into his photography and I was still trying to 'find myself' so it didn't seem like a bad invite. So of course I accepted. Even if I would regret it later on...

"Hey Lexi." I heard before arms went around my waist and I jumped a bit startled.

"Jeez. You can't just walk in!" I said my nerves calming down from the heart attack he almost gave me.

"Well lock tha door dear." He said kissing my neck as he held on to me.

"Oliver. I need to finish packing." I said trying to ignore him.

"Pack lata." He said brushing my hair back so he could kiss up my neck.

I knew where he was getting at and I tried to push him back, "we need to stop this."

"Why?" He asked as I turned around to look at him.

"Seriously? This isn't normal."

"I'm sure people do this all tha time Lex." He said chuckling.

I glared at him and he sighed realizing I was serious.

"Ok. So what's tha problem? Are yeh sleepin' wif someone else?" He asked crossing his arms with a serious look plastered on his face.

Like it matttered.

"No. Are you?"

"What? No. Course not." He said with an offended tone like he couldn't believe I'd ask him that.

I nodded and he pulled me to his chest, "then what's tha problem love? It's been days and I only wanna sleep wif yeh." He whispered brushing my hair behind my ear. See what I mean? This had gone too far and even now I don't think either of us could stop it. Although, I needed to because I was starting to feel things for him I knew he wasn't even thinking about and I didn't want to be the one who did that.

I looked into his caramel colored eyes and he kissed my forehead gently.

It was hard not to give in to him and even though I had known him forever, I hadn't perfected it.

His lips hit mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I needed help I tell you.

No one knew about Oliver and I. Well, except Tom. I needed someone to vent to! Then again, Oli had probably told Matt which made me nervous because basically that meant the whole band knew but no one had said anything so I would just go about it like no one knew once we were all together.

Oli always told me he wasn't one of those guys. That when he slept with someone he wasn't neccesarily the kind to stay and cuddle yet apparently that didn't apply to me. I never asked why because I was afraid he would stop so I kept it to myself. But it wasn't something that really confused me.

He wrapped the cover over us and pulled me to his chest pressing his lips against my shoulder gently. There was always so much going through my head and I wondered if it was the same for him because it never seemed like it. Right now he was holding on to me tightly and his head relaxed on top of mine. I just didn't get it.

"Wanna ride wif meh to tha airport lata?" He asked softly.

"Sure. I won't be going anywhere though if you don't let me finish packing."

He chuckled, "want meh ta help yeh?"

"You? Right." I said as I got up from the bed quickly sliding my clothes back on.

He reached out and grabbed my hand pulling me back onto the bed.

"Let meh help yeh love." He said pecking my lips.

"Fine."

A grin hit his lips and I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to go shower first."

He raised an eyebrow and I shoved him back causing him to laugh.

"Hurry up doll."

I sighed and went to the bathroom. This had to stop. The more I thought about it though the more I realized how much easier it would be when we were on tour. Tom would be there to tell me to not be stupid and the fact that we really wouldn't have any privacy would be another. I breathed in deeply realizing that maybe I didn't have anything to worry about.

Once we got to the airport everyone was already there. Once Tom's eyes landed on me it's like he already knew. He rolled his eyes and I walked over to sit by him.

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"Didn't say anyfing..."

"You didn't have to."

"Yeh gonna hurt yehself yeh know that right? It's Oli. He's not going to be the one and yeh know that."

I bit my lip and he sighed, "I juss don't want yeh ta get hurt."

"I know." I whispered, "can I sit by you?"

He nodded and grabbed my hand as our flight was ready to board.

"Here's my plan." I said once we got seated.

He smiled, "oh a plan?"

I nodded and he let out a laugh, "well, let meh know..."

"Ok. So, I figure since we are all going to be on the same bus I'm going to bunk close to you so you can keep me on the right track."

"Of no sex wif Oli?"

I nodded, "yeah and plus we won- ever be alone so that works into my advantage."

"True."

"So yes?"

"Course."

I leaned back against my seat with a sigh as I closed my eyes.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I quickly pulled it out and noticed a text from Oli who was sitting 3 seats behind me.

'Why didn't you sit with me? :('

'Tom wanted me to sit with him.' I lied as I texted back quickly.

'So? You like me better anyways.'

'Do not!'

'Do so. ;)'

I rolled my eyes and placed my phone back in my pocket and leaned my head against Tom's shoulder.

"Yeh already have feelins for him don't yeh?" Tom whispered and I closed my eyes tightly.

"I try not to. I really do." I said and he sighed, "it's not yeh fault El. He shouldn't have started this. Yeh juss a bird and he shouldn't have put yeh in this situation. Juss cause he can push feelins aside doesn't mean everyone else can." He said stroking my hair.

"I'm just going to spend all my time with you."

He laughed, "Yeh can. I don't mind. Yeh know I love yeh."

I leaned up and kissed his cheek, "Thanks."

"Shoulda slept wif meh first." He joked and I laughed, "damn it."

We spent the rest of the flight laughing and talking and by the time we reached the states I had forgotten all about the whole Oli ordeal.

Well, until I saw him as we exited the airplane.

He didn't look too happy as we waited on our luggage.

"What's wrong?" I asked elbowing him lightly.

"Nuffin." He mumbled not bothering to look at me.

"Oli..."

His eyes finally hit mine, "Nuffin. Juss a long bloody ride." He said grabbing up his bag and walking away.

Well, ok...

"Got yeh bag already. Let's go lil bird." Matty said with a grin and I rolled my eyes and followed them out into a brightly lit New York.

Once we found their tour bus which wasn't that hard, we all got settled pretty quickly. I of course choose the bunk across from Tom's and then we all set around in the front of the bus.

"Is tha first show here?" Tom asked and Lee spoke, "Yep tonight."

He nodded and sat beside me which was basically impossible because I was already between Matt and the edge of the couch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up so he could sit down and made me sit in his lap.

"Oh sure." I said and he chuckled.

"When are we gettin' to tha bloody place?" Oli asked keeping his eyes on his laptop.

"In bout twenty minutes keep yeh trousers on!" Matty said causing me to laugh. What was bothering him I didn't know. He had mood swings more often than a girl.

Once we reached the venue Oli basically ran off the bus and I gave Tom a look of confusion.

"Look, juss cause we are brothas doesn't mean I know everyfing."

I giggled as he grabbed up his camera and then linked his hand with mine as we walked off the bus.

"Maybe I should go try and find Oli and see what's wrong with him?" I asked because I couldn't let it go.

"Why? So he can talk you into bangin' him?"

"Tom!"

"What?! We bof know it's true."

I sighed, "but what if..."

"Alexis." He said sternly and I groaned, "fine."

"Yeh will fank me lata."

And all though I wanted to protest he was probably right...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah new story. :)

I'm really excited for this one!

Anways,

Thanks to As Above_So Below for my layout. It's amazing. If you need one you should definitely ask her. :)