Sequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Status: Completed.

I'll Let You Live.

Came as a gift from a good friend who disapproves but understands.

I knocked once on Tom's door before sliding on the hoodie I had grabbed. Of course he was quick in opening the door, a grin lining his face as he did so.

"Hey love." He said calmly as he held out his hand for me to take which I gladly accepted.

"Are you still working?" I asked and he shook his head, "Nah. Been done. Juss waitin' on yeh." He said pulling me to his chest.

"Oh sorry."

"No worries. I really should be workin' juss not." He said with a grin and I buried my face into his shirt.

"Yeh ok?"

"Yeah just sleepy." Which wasn't a lie. I was exhausted.

He ran his hand into my hair as we stood their quietly.

"Go lay down love." He whispered.

"And where will you be?" I asked causing him to chuckle, "I was bout ta showa before yeh knocked."

"I interrupted everything huh?"

He smiled, "Definitely not. Go lay down. I'll be out shortly." He said cupping my face and kissing my forehead.

I nodded and laid on his bed as he went to the bathroom.

I don't get how Tom can be the way he is when he was younger than Oli. I mean, the way Oli acted when it came to emotion was how you expected someone young to act. It just made no sense to me. What I was sure of was, I was over trying to get him to understand. It wasn't worth getting hurt over when I had Tom right in front of me willing to be what Oli wasn't.

I was almost asleep when I felt Tom lay beside me.

"Did I wake yeh?" He whispered pulling me to him. The smell of soap and his after shave hitting my nose.

"No."

He kissed my cheek and cuddled me to him.

"Yeh were upset when yeh got here. Why?" He asked.

"What are you psychic now?"

He chuckled, "no I juss can read yeh well."

I sighed and turned to face him, "well Oli basically told me he doesn't love me. So in a way it's good and in a way well, it hurts."

"He did what?" He asked seriously.

"Yeah..."

He frowned, "Lexi, I'm propa sorry. Honest."

"It's whatever. It's for the best. Plus, I know how he is. I really shouldn't have excepted anything more than that."

He sighed and brushed my cheek, "yeah yeh should have. Yeh not juss anotha bird."

I shrugged and closed my eyes not wanting to talk anymore about it.

"Don't worry. He'll regret it." He whispered holding me to him.

"Why can't he be like you?" I mumbled

"Why can't yeh be in love wif meh instead? See. It juss doesn't work out that way." He said softly and I now felt horrible for saying that.

"I wish I was."

"Meh too." He mumbled as I looked up at him, "why?"

"Cause, then tha feelin' would be mutual." he whispered as he closed his eyes and my heart picked up speed.

So, what was he saying?that he loved me?

I ran my fingers into his hair and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry. I wish I did. Honest."

"I know." He responded as his blue eyes locked with mine.

I kissed his cheek sympathetically. I hated this really. I hated that Tom felt this way. I hate that Oli was like the way he was. I just hated it all.

"Let's just, see where this goes ok?"

He nodded, "I'd like that."

I kissed him softly and he spoke, "I don't want yeh ta do this cause yeh feel obligated or juss want ta get ova Oli quicker."

"Tom, I told you I liked you. Plus I wouldn't do that to you."

"I know, I juss, yeh know..." he said with a shrug.

I kissed him once more, "I know."

A grin hit his lips, "but I mean if yeh want to so do I."

I nodded. I mean, what did I have to lose? I deserved to move on from Oli for good. Yeah I did like Tom maybe not love but that could happen..right?

He pulled me to him and kissed me, "yeh sure? Last chance ta back out."

I giggled, "I'm sure."

"Good ta hear." He whispered kissing my forehead.

"Yeh wearin' my hoodie." He said with a grin.

"I was wondering whos it was! I found it in my bunk and stole it."

He laughed, "yeh can have it. Looks cute on yeh."

I felt myself blush and he kissed my lips.

"Fought yeh were tired?"

"I am, but you keep talking."

"Oh well by all means tell meh ta shut up." He said laughing.

I chuckled, "I don't want to."

"Well I'll shut myself up. Get some sleep prettah girl." He whispered kissing me once more.

Everything would work out. At least I hoped so...

The next morning I woke up with Tom still in bed. His arms around me securely as he slept.

I closed my eyes tightly trying not to make a big deal out of the fact that I was disappointed it wasn't Oli. I had to get over it, had to get over him.

I cuddled into Tom's chest and his arm tightened around me.

"Why do yeh have ta beh so cute?" He asked softly as he buried his face into my hair.

"Huh?"

"Somefings yeh do are juss propa cute."

I laughed, "not so."

"Is so." He whispered running his hand up and down my back.

"Go get ready and we will take our bags back ta tha bus and go get some breakfast."

"Awe our first date?"

He laughed, "god I hope not or that's pathetic. First date at Mcdonalds. So classy."

I giggled and he kissed my cheek, "get up love."

I kissed his nose and quickly got up.

"Meet me in the lobby?" I asked and he nodded with a smile, "course love."

I gave him a smile before leaving Tom's room a bit happier than I entered. That was until I reached my door and Oli was sitting against it on the floor.

"What are you doing?"

"Waitin' on yeh."

"Why didn't you just go in?"

"I left my key in there."

I nodded as I unlocked the door and he got up from the floor.

"Where were yeh?"

"Tom's room."

He nodded as he followed me in. He looked like he hadn't slept much. His eyes had dark circles underneath them and his hair wasn't as perfect as usual.

"You been asleep?" I asked trying not to act like I care but it was hard.

"No." He mumbled grabbing his stuff and doing a scan over the room making sure he didn't forget anything.

"Oli you have got to stop doing that."

He shrugged and I sighed, "what's wrong?"

"Don't fuckin' ask meh that. Yeh know very well what's wrong." He snapped.

"What?! No I don't! And if anyone should be acting this way it's me!"

"Right of course. Poor, lil Lexi." He said glaring at me.

"Oh my gosh. I did nothing wrong! You are the one with the issues! Not me! You need to shower and go to bed. You smell like weed." I said grabbing up my clothes and brushing past him.

He grabbed my arm causing me to spin around to look at him.

"I told yeh how I feel Lexi."

"Is that what you think you did?"

His eyebrows furrowed together, "Yeah I did."

"Ok. Well if you think so sure but it doesn't change anything does it?"

"I guess not..."

"Great. I'm going to change. Tom and I are going to breakfast."

"So yeh juss gonna push meh aside and date someone yeh barely like?"

I laughed, "so I'm being like you? Wow. You are right. We are just alike. Plus Oli, you don't want to be with me so no I'm not pushing you aside because you can't push someone away who doesn't want to be with you anyways."

"That is not what I said."

"Oh I'm sorry. I like you but I can't be with you. Yeah, doesn't seem any better."

He clinched his jaw together and I shrugged pulling my arm from his hand

"See! This is why we wouldn't work! Cause yeh drive meh up tha bloody wall!"

"If that's the case you've known me half my life so you should be use to it by now!"

He grabbed at his hair and I spoke calmly, "but you know what Oli, I've decided I'm just going to go home."

"What?" He asked quickly.

"Going home." I said slower.

"No. Why?"

"Really?!"

"We only have what? 2 weeks left! Don't go."

"Oliver! We just probably shouldn't be around each other for a while."

"I don't want that." He said seriously and I sighed, "I'm so over what you want I don't care."

He grabbed my hand again, "Lexi, please stay."

"Why?" I challenged.

"Cause, I don't like bein away from yeh..."

I shrugged, "Yeah but I can't be here with you like this."

He said nothing and I pulled my arm from his grasped and walked into the bathroom.

I leaned against the door with a sigh as I closed my eyes. Yes. I had to leave. Being around him was making life too hard and making my heart hurt even more.

I quickly changed and when I walked out Oli, along with his things were gone. I sighed and grabbed my bag before I went to meet Tom in the lobby.

"Hey love." Tom said happily as I reached him. I gave him a smile and grabbed his hand which made his smile wider.

We walked to the bus dropped our things off and decided to walk to the nearest place we found.

"I think I'm going to go home Tom." I finally said and he sighed, "Yeah I figured yeh would..."

"I wish you'd come with me."

He pulled me into his side, "what if I did?"

"That would be awesome."

He chuckled as we crossed the street. Once we found somewhere we went in and got a table. No McDonald's actually.

"Ok." He said as he sat across from me.

"Ok?"

"Ok. I'll go wif yeh."

"You don't have to you know?"

He smiled, "I know love, but I reallah wanna try this...whateva this is."

A grin hit my lips. I mean if it was just me and him I'm sure I could trade Oli for him without question.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." He said giving my hand a light squeeze.

I smiled, "really?"

He laughed, "Yes love. Reallah." He leaned over and kissed me sweetly.

"See. Like that lil smile righ' there was propa cute."

I rolled my eyes and he smiled.

Maybe this would turn out better than I expected...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting and subscribing. :)