Sequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Status: Completed.

I'll Let You Live.

They all are proof that we're both capable of the most terrible things.

The next day I slept until noon probably because I was still in a different time zone. I got up showered and ironically after I was done someone began knocking on my door. Of course it could only be Tom. I walked over and opened the door with a smile, "Hey you." I said leaning against the door frame.

A grin hit his lips, "Hi."

I chuckled and he stepped to me placing his hand on my side as he leaned in and kissed my lips.

"Gonna hang out wif meh today?" He asked brushing my hair behind my ear.

I nodded and he kissed me once more before walking in.

"Are yeh ready?"

"Wait, now?"

He laughed, "Yes..."

"Well lucky for you I'm ready."

"Yeh a sillah girl."

"And where are you taking me Mr. Sykes?"

He smiled, "well I figured we would probably grab somefin ta eat then yeh shall see."

"Why can't you just tell me?" I asked linking my hand with his.

"Now what would be the fun in that my love?" He asked as we walked to his car.

"It would be fun for me."

He laughed, "well not meh." He stated as we got in.

"Tom..."

"Nope." He said shaking his head and I frowned causing him to laugh.

"Oh I'll find out before we leave from eating." I said confidently.

"Oh? Yeh fink?"

I nodded and he smiled, "we will see then huh?"

Once we arrived at the diner we always go to when we are actually home, he got out and walked over to my side of the car.

"What are you up to?" I asked giving him a look as I got out and he smiled, "nuffin. Can I not be nice?"

"Well, yeah but still."

He chuckled and I leaned up and kissed him.

"What was that for?" He asked wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Can I not kiss you?"

"What are you up to?" He asked with a grin and I laughed, "Nothing." I said kissing him again and this time he didn't protest.

"Why do you taste like syrup?"

He chuckled, "I ate before I picked yeh up."

"Then why are we eating now?"

"Cause I figured yeh hadn't."

"Well, true."

He smiled, "see." He said kissing me back, "Now yeh gonna stand out here and kiss meh all day or are we gonna go inside?"

"Depends. If I keep kissing you are you going to tell me where we are going?"

"Yeh are evil."

I laughed and he gave me a grin, "I don't know Lex. Depends on how good tha kisses are."

"Are my kisses ever bad?"

He chuckled and pulled me to him, "well no..."

I brushed his hair with my fingers and he kissed my nose.

I know what you're thinking, but it was hard not to like Tom. He had this innocent, sweet demenor that was hard to get over and maybe I was just hoping I'd fall for him. Even though Oli admitted to loving me, I knew it wouldn't be so easy. He never made things easy unlike Tom.

"Ok...wanna know?" H asked softly.

I nodded and he kissed my forehead, "Not tellin'." He said sticking his tongue out at me as he dropped his arms and headed into the restuarant.

I groaned and quickly chased after him.

"You're mean." I said sitting across from him and a grin hit his lips.

"Am not."

I nodded and looked down at the menu.

"What do yeh want?"

I shrugged causing him to chuckle, "yeh not gonna talk ta meh."

I shook my head no and he moved from his seat and slid in beside me. I ignored him and he brought his hand to my cheek making me look at him. He kissed me softly before speaking, "ok. I'll tell yeh. Gonna talk ta meh?"

I nodded and he kissed me once more, "well, I figured since we've been every year since I can rememba we'd go ta tha fair. It's in town this week."

"Really?" I asked with a smile and he nodded, "Now surprise ruined."

"Nuh uh. I'm extremely excited now." I said happily and he chuckled, "good." He said before kissing me once more and moving back to his seat.

Oli would have never given in like that. I couldn't help but stare at Tom lost in thought. I felt like a different person when I was around Tom. It's liked I lived two different lives.

"Why yeh starin at meh?" He asked a grin hitting his lips.

"Maybe I like your face."

He laughed, "I like yeh face too now orda so we can go."

Once I was done eating we drove to where the fair was being held and I honestly was excited. Even though like he said, we went every year and this was the first year without Oli though.

"I'm excited." I said grabbing a hold of Tom's hand and he laughed as we made our way through the crowd.

"It's tha same every year."

"Still fun."

"That's cause yeh still a child." He teased and I frowned at him.

He chuckled and kissed my cheek, "well guess I am too since I'm here yeah?"

"Well you are two years younger so..."

He rolled his eyes, "so?"

"So you're still a kid." I teased patting his cheek, "Oh. Guess that makes yeh a cougar aye?"

I shrugged, "so be it."

He laughed and pulled me into his side, "what yeh wanna do first love?"

"I don't care." I said kissing his cheek and he dragged me to some ride.

"Hey Tommy. You need to win me a stuffed animal." I said dragging him to a stand after we rode a few rides.

He laughed, "maybeh yeh should win me one."

"What?! No. I'm the cougar remember. You have to listen to me." I joked.

He rolled his eyes with a smile and he kissed me quickly, "ok love. I'll win yeh somefin."

"You're like the bestest."

"Mhm, I know. Give meh a kiss for good luck." He said pulling me to him.

"Just one?" I asked pecking his lips.

"No. A few." He responded holding me to him.

He kept kissing me causing me to laugh and a smile hit his lips, "ok. I fink I'm good."

I laughed and pushed him back lightly.

"Now watch my skills." He said picking up one of the baseballs and the man behind the counter laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Boyfriend?" He asked as Tom threw the ball at the bottles.

"Something like that." I said causing Tom to give me a grin before he picked up another ball.

"I will be soon." He said conifidently as he threw the ball and knocked down all the bottles.

"Oh you think?" I asked with a grin as the guy handed me a stuffed turtle.

"Yeah. I think so." He said grabbing my hand as we walked off.

"Confident."

He shrugged with a grin, "I fnk yeh like meh."

I laughed, "oh really?"

He nodded, "yeah. Yeh kiss meh a lot."

"So?" I said with a grin as I wrapped my arms around one of his.

"So yeh don't juss kiss people yeh don't like."

I laughed, "true."

***

"I've had fun with you." I said into his sleeve as I held on to him. The darkness setting in which meant a chill was now in the air.

"Yeah. Meh too. Wanna go to a party wif meh lata?" He asked pulling me to him as we came to a stop in front of the car.

"Tom. Partying? You?" I teased and he chuckled, "Yeah, I know. But I promised I'd stop by and I want yeh ta come wif meh."

"Why?"

He smiled and ran his hand into my hair, "why not?"

"I guess there isn't a reason."

"Do yeh not want to?"

"No. I will."

"Let's get in the car. It's cold." He said kissing my cheek.

"Ok." I said as I went to my side of the car.

"Oh no. I almost dropped my turtle!" I said as I opened the door and he began to laugh, "Oh no!"

I giggled and got into the car. He smiled and leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Yeh propa cute."

"Are you going to drink with me?" I asked.

"Yeah maybe. Not a lot."

"Responsible."

He chuckled, "somefin like that." He said as he held my hand as we drove wherever.

I stared down at his hand attached to mine. His thumb tracing my skin lightly. His hand was different than Oli's. Non-tattooed and gentle. He knocked me out of thought by bringing my hand up and pressing his lips to the top of my hand.

I looked over at him as he stared out at the road. I shouldn't even tell Oli the truth or that I go the letter. He was right, Tom was better for me and I wanted someone like him. I deserved someone like him.

"Tom?"

"Mhm?" He mumbled and i spoke, "you should be my boyfriend."

A grin hit his lips, "why?"

"Why not?" I mocked and he laughed, "shouldn't I ask yeh?"

"No. Cougar remember." I said pointing to myself and he laughed as we parked at a house I've never been to.

"Right. Well..." he said turning off the car and looking over at me.

"What bout Oli?" He asked.

"What about him?"

"Don't yeh love him?"

I shrugged, "Yeah, but it's not going anywhere and plus, I like you."

"Awe. Yeh like meh?" He teased and I rolled my eyes. He chuckled and leaned coser to me, "I like yeh too." He whispered before he kissed me.

"So, gonna be my boyfriend?"

He laughed, "Yeah. Are yeh gonna be my girlfriend?"

I smiled, "Sure, why not?"

He chuckled and pulled me to his side.

"Look. Lock the door if someone kidnaps our turtle I'll be pissed." I said seriously and he started laughing.

"Yeh so ridiculous some times." He said locking his car before slinging his arm over my shoulders.

"Don't be mean."

He kissed my cheek as we walked into the house.

After a few hours and several drinks, I was, well, in a good mood to say the least.

"Yeh drunk my love." Tom said laughing as he held my hand and carefully walked me to his car.

"Am not."

"Yeh are." He said opening the door.

"Should you be driving?" I asked and he chuckled, "Yeah I'm fine."

"Don't kill me or my turtle." I said as I sat in the passenger side and hugged my stuffed animal.

"I swear to yeh I won't." He said as he bent down and kissed me, "put yeh seatbelt on my love."

I sighed and did as I was told as he got in and started the car.

"Gonna stay with me?"

"If yeh want me to."

I nodded and he chuckled, "I will then."

I nodded and the ride back to my place was a blur. Probably because Tom was right, I was a bit drunk.

"I'm gonna call Matt real quick." Tom said as we walked in.

"Okkk." I said causing him to laugh. I sighed as I sat down thoughts of Oliver now filled my head. I couldn't help it. I grabbed my turtle and my phone and went out onto my porch. I sat down leaning against the wall and dialed the familiar number.

No telling what I was in for...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
Hellxoxsunshine
Charleescene.
Myescapethefate
Singmealaugh
Khairena
Tica0o0
XXspringxNichtXx
Invisable
Stellasykes

For commenting. :)

No worries for everyone who asked, oLi's pov is coming up. ;)