Sequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Status: Completed.

I'll Let You Live.

I'm not ashamed but I'm trying.

Tom carried me on his back from the you me at six set to the bus and I had forgotten all about the whole Oli thing and spent the whole way back laughing with Tom.

He was a great distraction.

"Oye be careful wif meh camera." He said as I fiddled with it as it hung around his neck.

"Or what?"

"Or I'll hurt yeh." He said reaching up and tickling my side as we walked onto the bus with me laughing.

"Stop." I stated and he laughed as he dropped me onto the couch with a grin.

"So, what does meh bein' yeh boyfriend intital?" He asked sitting beside me and I laughed, "oh now you're my boyfriend?"

He smiled and nodded, "I feel if I'm gonna die for this I mind as well go all in."

I laughed as Oli walked in from the bunk area.

He gave me a look and Tom rolled his eyes.

"We're gonna go get somefin ta eat wanna come?" Tom asked and I shot him a look which he ignored.

Oli shrugged and Lee walked in, "uh yeah. Let's go."

"Great." Tom said with a grin as he grabbed my hand. I glared at him and he chuckled as we walked off.

"I'm breaking up with you." I mumbled and he laughed.

Oli was quiet the whole way to the tent where we could get food. It nerved me because I knew it would be short lived and of course it was once we sat down.

"So what? Yeh two togetha now?" He asked and Tom looked over at him wide eyed.

"Who?"

"Don't fuck wif meh. Yeh and Alexis." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why yeh act like it's such a bad fing?" Tom asked.

"It's not. I juss wanted ta know."

"we're not...yet." he said giving me a grin.

And I placed my face into my hand, slightly embarrassed.

"Fuckin' fantastic." Oli said with a fake grin, "I mean, typical yeh to have my seconds."

Tom's face hardened at that and I didn't blame him because it even ticked me off a bit.

" 'cuse meh?"

"Yeah. I mean, yeh realize i've slept wif her, a lot." He said with smirk.

I rolled my eyes and Tom didn't back down, "Right. Well I personally fink she deserves more than someone who uses her juss for sex because unlike yeh, I care bout her."

Oli's jaw clinched together tightly, "and I don't?"

"Apparently not if yeh can go to sleep at night and fink it's ok." He said and I nudged him lightly so he'd shut up.

"Shut tha fuck up Tom. What do yeh know? Yeh don't know what tha fuck goes on between us." Oli spat out.

"Really? I bet I know more than yeh fink." Tom said and I groaned as I placed my head on the table. This was going great.

"Maybe Alexis, yeh should have came to me bout it instead of Tom." Oli said and I looked up at him.

"Why? I can't ever talk to you without you getting mad."

He bit his lip, I know trying not to yell and he sighed in frustration.

"Yeh know Lex? I don't give a fuck what yeh do. Maybe Tom's right bout it all. Maybe he does care more. I mean, what tha fuck do I matta?" He said pushing away from the table and walking away.

I looked at Tom and he sighed, "don't let it get ta yeh."
He placed his hand on my back and I breathed in heavily.

"Don't cry love." He whispered pulling me to his side.

"He just makes me mad..."

"I know. Look, let's eat and we will just lock ourselves in tha bus the rest of tha day."

"Ok."

He gave me a grin and brushed my cheek lightly. I wish I could push it away like Tom suggested. I just couldn't. It was Oliver not some stranger.

Once we were back on the bus Tom pulled me to the very back since everyone was gone and we just decided to watch movies.

I kicked off my shoes and grabbed a blanket.

"Come here my sweet bird." he said with a grin as he pulled me against his chest.

"God. Why did I have to fall for the wrong brother?"

He laughed, "juss how it happens."

I closed my eyes as he played with my hair. Sleep would be my only escape from this madness.

When I woke up the bus was still at a stand still and I was wrapped in a blanket and Tom.

I softly tried to get up without waking him and once I was up successfully he grabbed the end of my shirt.

"Where yeh goin'?"

I giggled softly at him, "I was going in there."

"Yeh may find this hard to believe since I'm a Sykes brotha and all but I actually don't mind cuddlin' wif or wifout sex." He said with a sleepy grin and I laughed as he tugged me back down to the couch.

"Ok." I said giving in to his sweet, cute gesture.

He wrapped his arm around me and I could feel his breath against my neck.

It was odd being with Tom. He made me remember that decent guys actually existed instead of jerks like Oli. Well I guess I should give Oli some credit. He wasn't THAT bad. He had his moments. Like when he'd stay the night with me he'd talk with me for hours as we just laid in my bed and he'd hold me and kiss me randomly throught the night. It just didn't translate to day time and when it did it wasn't around anyone. It's like he didn't want people to know he cares and it was annoying.

"Yeh two juss gonna sleep all day?" We heard Matt say as he entered the room.

"Go away." Tom mumbled causing me to giggle.

"Get up. We're bout to start drinkin'!"

"Good for yeh."

I chuckled, "come on Tommy." I said patting his side and he groaned, "fine yeh alcoholic."

I frowned and he smiled before kissing my nose.

We both got up and I changed into a drop dead tank and tried to fix my hair and make up before we followed Matty to where everyone was already hanging around.

"Where the hell have yeh been?" Jona asked as I sat beside him.

"Sleeping."

"Lame." He said elbowing me and I laughed.

"Jealous."

"Maybe...did yeh go see you me at six?"

I nodded, "me and Tom."

"Oh..I fought Oli went wif yeh."

"Yeah well he did but left so yeah..."

He sighed, "bein a douche already?"

I nodded with a soft grin and before he could respond Tom walked over and handed me a cup of something.

"Thanks."

He gave me a grin before walking away and Jona gave me a look, "what's up wif yeh two?"

"Nothing."

"Am I suppose to believe that?"

"Yeah...are you?"

"Not in tha least bit."

I laughed, "oh..."

"So?"

I shrugged and he sighed, "it's a bad idea Lex..."

"What? Me and Tom?"

He nodded and I rolled my eyes, "why?"

"Cause of Oli."

"Screw Oli." I said defensively.

"Whoa. Ok. Sorrah..."

I sighed and looked over at Tom who was laughing with Lee and some guy I didn't know.

Honestly, maybe I could like Tom. Why would that be such a bad thing?

After several drinks I was feeling better then I had all day and Matty was trying to teach me how to play some drinking game which I was failing miserably at.

"This is so stupid!" I said causing him to laugh, "well be bloody patient!"

"Heyyy don't be mean ta my drunken bird." Tom said a grin on his face as he leaned against the table.

Matty rolled his eyes, "I swear. Yeh gonna get yehself inta some shit playin' wif these Sykes boys..." he mumbled before walking off and I ignored him and walked over to Tom.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and pressed my face into his shirt.

"I fink yeh have had enough my dear." He said softly stroking my hair.

"Yeah. Hey, did you not drink?" I asked looking up at him and he chuckled, "not much. Someone had ta watch ova yeh."

"You know, you're like the sweetest guy I've ever known." I said honestly. I mean usually it was me taking care of Oli and to know Tom did that, maybe it was simple but it meant a lot.

"Fanks love." He said brushing my cheek with his hand, "yeh prettah sweet yehself."

I gave him a grin and he chuckled, "let's get yeh ta bed yeah? We're bout ta leave anyways."

I nodded and he walked me to the bus and made sure I got to my bunk. We said goodnight and I of course couldn't sleep so I laid there with my eyes closed whispering some song from you me at six. I didn't even notice someone pull my curtain back until they were in my bunk.

"I miss yeh singin' ta meh." I heard and looked over to see Oli which quickly got me sobered.

I groaned and covered my face, "Oli. Go. I'm not doing anything with you."

"I'm not askin' yeh to my love." He whispered wrapping his arms around me and I knew he had to be intoxicated.

"I juss wanna hold yeh. Yeh bein a propa ass ta meh." He mumbled and I laughed, "me?! You!"

"I am cause yeh are!"

"Whatever."

"Yeah, whateva right? Sorrah I'm not Tom."

"I never asked you to be Tom."

He stifled a laugh, "yeh'd like meh betta if I was though huh?"

"No. I'd like you better if you were that 17 year old boy I loved and not this jerk now." I said honestly and his eyebrows knitted together, "I haven't been that boy in 6 years Lexi."

"That's the problem."

"So yeh don't like who I am?"

"Want me to be honest?"

He nodded and I breathed in, "no."

"Why?"

"Because you're arrogant, rude, angry, moody all the damn time!"

"Maybeh if yeh'd talk ta meh yeh'd know why."

"Oli, I try and talk to you! You just never let me. You blow me off or yell at me! So don't blame this on me!" I said loudly as we now stood in the walk way of the bunk area.

"You use to be my best friend Oli and now, I don't even know who you are." I added as he stood there staring at me intentally.

"Well, yeh parently know meh well enough ta shag meh huh?" He snapped.

"See what I mean! We can't have a serious conversation without you being like that!"

"I don't want ta have a serious conversation wif yeh Alexis! Fuck! Why can't yeh eva juss let fings be?! Yeh always gotta make fings complicated!" He said grabbing at his hair and before I could talk Tom walked up from the back.

"I leave yeh 'lone for five bloody minutes and this is what happens. Oli, go to bed." He stated an Oli glared at him, "don't tell meh what ta do and keep yeh fuckin' bird away from meh."

"It must suck being you Oli." I snapped back and he moved his eyes to me, "sure, to the outside world you have it all but the reality of it is you push everyone away and it must be miserable to be alone because of who you are."

For the first time in forever his eyes showed some sort of hurt and I almost wanted to take back what I said and tell him how much I loved him and that the only reason I said what I did was because I was hurt.

He said nothing in response and just brushed past us and got into his bunk. Tom looked at me a bit uncomfortably and I placed my face into my hand.

"That was harsh."

"How come it's ok for him to hurt my feelings everyday but I can't hurt his?" I asked seriously and he sighed, "it's not but yeh aren't like that."

"I think that's the problem."

He sighed and I spoke, "when do we leave?"

"In bout an hour."

"Ok. I'm going to get some air."

"Want meh ta come wif yeh?"

"No. I'm fine. Thanks." I said with a weak grin before I walked off the bus. I felt my chest tightening and I knew I had to get off before I cried in front of Tom. I walked around to the other side of the bus for some privacy and sat down as I began to cry. I was crying because of how torn apart Oli and I were becoming, because I hated what I said to him and I was crying because I couldn't control any of it and that was the worst part.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sure half of you are more Team Tom as of right now. We shall see if that still sticks in the next chapter. ;)

Thanks to:

StellaSykes
As Above_So Below
ForeverHopeful
AmberLeigh1992
Khairena

For the comments. :)