Sequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Status: Completed.

I'll Let You Live.

You've settled for less and I'm sure you'll settle again.

"So..." Jona started as we walked aimlessly around passing tents and performing bands.

"No."

He laughed, "I wanna know why yeh all of a sudden are wif Tom!"

"We aren't together we just, I dunno, like each other."

He rolled his eyes, "oh? Out of the blue yeh like each otha?"

I gave him a glare and he smiled, "yeah, it's what I fought. Now out wif it."

"No."

"Yeh don't truss me? I'm not Matty." He joked.

I sighed and gave him a run down of what happened and how I linked myself to Tom without asking him.

He laughed, "so let me get this straight, yeh actullah like Oli?"

I winced and he sighed as he threw his arm over my shoulders, "secrets safe wif meh."

Oh it better be or I'd murder him.

Once we got back to the tent Tom ran and grabbed me up, "you me at sixxx." He said causing me to laugh.

"Tom put me down." I said through my laughter.

"Why should I?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Tommm."

He chuckled as he placed me on my feet, "calm down lil bird."

"I am calm and you're going to make me miss you me at six."

"Like yeh neva seen them before." He said with an eye roll as he grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction of the stage.

"So?"

He laughed and I came to a stop.

"What now?" He groaned.

"Be nice."

"See, and yeh said I was only sweet."

A grin hit my lips and I spoke, "well you are."

He rolled his eyes and I leaned in pressing my lips to his. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me in as he kissed me back.

Once he pulled back he looked around and I stared at him curiously, "what are you doing?"

"Yeh know Oli isnt 'round..."

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"So, yeh kissed meh cause why?"

"Because I wanted to."

A grin hit his lips, "oh..."

I laughed at how cute he was. Everything about him was the opposite of Oliver. Even his kisses. They were sweet, soft, and caring where as Oli's were a bit rough, rushed and exciting.

"I mean by all means yeh can kiss meh wheneva..."

I laughed, "oh I can?"

He nodded as he pulled me to him, "yeah. Like righ' now."

"Why can't you?"

"Cause I'd ratha yeh so I know yeh actuallah wanna kiss meh."

"Well. thought I just did. So..."

He chuckled and brought his hand to my cheek, "fine."

He grinned before kissing me once more and we stood there kissing for longer than I planned because I heard you me at six playing behind us.

"Can yeh do that somewhere private before yeh make meh and everyone round sick." We heard and I looked over to see Oli with a disgusted look on his face.

"Sod off." Tom stated as he grabbed my hand up.

Oli's eyes shifted to me and I bit my lip. I didn't understand why I felt so guilty when we were nothing more than friends but the look he was giving me made me feel horrible.

"Wanna come watch you me at six?" I asked.

"where I'm headed." He mumbled walking past us.

I sighed and Tom squeezed my hand, "don't stress love. Yeh did nuffin wrong."

"I mean I know...just..." I said shrugging.

He kissed my cheek before pulling me to the stage, right next to Oli who was leaned against the fence not bothering to even pretend we exist.

"Be back." Tom said knocking me out of my thoughts as he held up his phone. I guess saying he had a call. I nodded ad he pushed through people as I looked over at Oli.

I finally got his attention and quickly grabbed his arm, "come on." I said pulling him away from the show.

"Where?"

I shrugged and he gave me an odd look, "what bout Tom?"

"He's on the phone."

"Not foreva."

"Wow. You're a genius." I stated and he sighed as he let me pull him wherever.

I kept pulling him away from the crowds and he spoke, "where tha fuck are we goin'?"

"Stop with the language." I teased and he groaned, "yeh propa annoyin' today."

"Oh don't be such a jerk."

"That is such a stupid word." He said and iIsmiled at him as I fell down into the grassy lawn which was behind where the buses was parked.

He didn't question anything just laid down on his back beside me.

"Remember when we use to sneak out and sit on your roof?" I asked and he chuckled, "Yeah. Course."

His fingers grazed mine and I looked over at him.

"Yeh reallah like him huh?" He asked.

"Who?"

"Tom...I'm juss askin' cause I fink he reallah likes yeh." He said softly as his hair fell into his face from the wind blowing.

I sighed and turned onto my stomach, proping myself up on my arms.

"Yeah I guess." I said at a whispered as I traced his tattoos on his arm.

"Yeh guess?"

I nodded unable to look at him. He didn't say anything and I tried to change the subject.

"What about you Oli? Found a girl yet?"

"Yeh know I don't reallah like datin'..."

"Found a slag yet?"

He laughed, "No. Not reallah lookin'."

I nodded and he turned on his side and kissed my shoulder.

"I love this feelin'." He said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"What feeling?"

"The feelin' I get when it's juss us. Hard ta explain reallah." He said focusing on my hair instead of looking at me.

"I get it." I said softly because in all honesty I did. when it was us it was like the world didn't matter. Like we were in our own bubble and he was the Oliver I wanted and for once, he wanted me in the same way.

"Course yeh do." He whispered a grin hitting his lips.

"Hey Lexi..." he said studying the grass as his fingers ran over it.

"What?"

"If..." he started to say but quickly cut himself off, "neva mind sounds propa stupid." He mumbled.

"I'm sure it's not."

He chuckled, "yeh always have too much faith."

"Of course I do. It's you."

He smiled as he looked back at his tattooed fingers, "I love yeh for that."

I sighed and relaxed my chin on my crossed arms and he brought his hand to my hair gently.

"Yeh still my best mate?" He asked relaxing his head on his arm so he was eye level with me

I nodded and he gave me a small smile.

"You still my best mate?" I asked and he chuckled as he brought his hand to my cheek, "course. If yeh want meh ta be."

I nodded once more and he brushed his fingers repeatedly over my cheek, "good. I'd go mental wifout yeh."

"I know. You're almost there already." I teased and he pushed me lightly causing me to laugh. This felt like old times and I didn't want it to end.

"I bet tha show is ova."

"Yeahhh."

"Wanna go back?"

"No." I said honestly with a grin causing him to laugh, "Juss wanna lay wif meh in this grass?"

I nodded and he smiled, "fine. Have it yeh way. I got a show in a few though and I'm sure Tom is lookin for yeh."

"It will be fine."

"Alright. If yeh say so." He said laying back onto his back and staring at the clouds.

I couldn't help but watch him. The small grin that was on his lips and how his eyelashes brushed his cheeks when he closed his eyes. He was just perfect is what it came down to.

"See. We're hangin out wifout sex." He stated once the sun began to set after no telling how long we had been laying there.

"Yeah."

"I like it."

"Me too."

"I've got ta go get ready. Show is in 30."

I nodded as I sat up slowly and tried to fix my hair as he did the same.

He pulled me up from the ground and quickly pulled me into a hug.

"Fanks."

"For what?"

"I dunno. Juss hangin' wif meh. Some times it's nice ta hang out wif someone who doesn't ask a million questions."

"I know." I said into his shirt as he hugged me tightly.

"We should do it more often."

"Agreed." I said pulling back with a smile. I felt like that meant we'd be back to normal.

He smiled and kissed my forehead as he linked his hand wif mine, "come on doll. I don't want yeh boyfriend ta come afta meh." He said chuckling and I elbowed him lightly, "he's not my boyfriend."

"Then what is he? Cause tha way yeh were kissin' him earla wasn't very friendly... well, unless that would've been meh..."

I gave him a look before speaking, "right now, I dunno, we're just, talking..."

"Talkin' aye? Usually that doesn't involve kissin'."

"Fine. Dating?"

"Possible. Has he taken yeh on a date?"

"Well, no..."

"Mhm..."

"Shut up. You never did either and we kissed."

"I would've if yeh wanted to."

"No you wouldn't have..." I said giving him a look.

"Yes, I would've. Yeh neva seemed like yeh wanted..."

"Are you kidding right now?" I asked pulling him to a halt.

"No. I'm bloody not."

I just stared at him and he shrugged.

"Did you want to take me out on a date?" I asked crossing my arms not believing what I was hearing.

He shrugged, "I mean, I would have."

"But you didn't."

"Didn't fink yeh wanted to. Not a big deal Lex."

"Yes it is."

"Why?" He asked with a chuckle as he started walking again.

I rolled my eyes and decided to drop it. I knew he wasn't going to say what I wanted to hear anyways.

sighed and followed him to the stage they were playing on.

"Where yeh been?" Tom asked as I walked over to him.

"Talking to Oli. Just talking." I said giving him a look and he laughed, "I believe yeh love. Plus, what is it my business?"

I shrugged, "just letting you know."

"Well, i'm glad..." he said with a grin as he pulled me to him.

"Hey, question."

I laughed, "hey, answer."

He rolled his eyes with a smile, "smart arse..."

"Sorry. Now what is your question?"

"Well, I'm not sure it would be possible on tour but when we get home, um, would yeh wanna go on a date wif meh?" He asked nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Really?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"Not in our fake relationship?"

He laughed, "No. So maybe?"

I nodded. I mean, why not?

"Reallah?"

" yeah." I said laughing.

"Ok." He said with a grin.

"You're cute." I said smiling and he groaned, "don't say that eitha."

"Why not?"

"Case yeh killin' my rep."

"You have a rep?"

He nodded with a smile before he leaned in and kissed me quickly.

"So no more faking? That sucks." I joked.

He laughed, "I mean we can."

I shook my head no and he kissed me once more.

"So, yeh ova Oli or whateva?" He asked and although my head was saying yes my heart was saying no... Of course I went with the yes.

"Yeah."

Then again, it wasn't a complete lie. I was over Oli...when I wasn't around him...

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me sweetly.

"Good. I'm ova him too."

I laughed causing him to chuckle, "kiddin'. Come on. Let's watch tha show."

I nodded and he pulled me to the side of the stage where the guys were about to go on and of course my eyes went straight to Oliver who was laughing with Jona about who knows what. I couldn't help the smil that hit my lips. He was so cute.

His eyes finally landed on me and a grin hit his lips. H gave me a wink before focusing on adjusting his microphone stand.

Yeah. Not over him.

And I probably would never be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
As Above_so below
Stellasykes
And singmealaugh (oddly enough I'm subscribed to one of your Matt stories. Lol)
For the comments. :)