A whole new life

Chapter 2

I woke up in a dark room. I could barely see anything. I sat up and pain immediately shot through my head. “Ow..”
“Take it easy, you should rest,” someone said making me jump. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. My name is Stryker,” he said as he turned a little light on.
I looked down at my arm, and there was a cast on it. Then I looked up at him and almost gasped. He was so HOT! He has black layered hair that is down to his shoulders, and he has side bangs. His eyes were so pretty, they are like icy blue.
“Oh.. So Stryker.. that’s a cool name.” Did I just really say that. Oh my gosh! Just shoot me now.
“Thanks, so what’s your name.”
“Amanda. Ok, I have to ask this, because I just want to get something clear.”
“Ask away.”
“Are you planning to hurt me like that stupid jerk did?”
“No! I don’t hurt people. Well, I don’t hurt people if I don’t have to. Oh, by the way, I went to your house and brought your horse here.”
“What! Are you serious!”
“Yes.”
“Oh my gosh, thank you so much!” I cried. I ran over to him and gave him a huge hug. My head was killing me but I just ignored the pain.
“Your welcome,” he said with a smile. “Well, you are supposed to stay in this room, but if you want me to I can sneak you outside to see him.”
“Yes! I want to see him, please take me.”
“Ok, but you have to be really quite.”
“Don’t worry I will.”
He opened the door and led me outside. The place was so dark and eerie. I have to say it scared me. He led me through so many halls, but finally we reached a door. He opened it and light shined through. “The other vampires shouldn’t know we are sneaking out, because I am the only one that can go out in sunlight.”
The moment he said it I froze. Oh no.. I am in a freaky looking place with I don’t know how many vampires! “Ok, just to make sure I heard right, did you say…… vampires?”
“Yes, but please do not be afraid. I will not hurt you. The others won’t hurt you either. Well, they won’t hurt you if cooperate.”
I had no idea what to say so I just let him take me to the little field. I seen two horses, and one of them was jet. “JET!” I cried running over to him.
He lifted his head up and neighed when he seen it was me. I threw my arms around his neck and gave him a hug. Stryker walked over to me laughing.
“What are you laughing at?”
“Sorry, but Jet? That is the crappiest name I have ever heard!”
“Well sorry, but I’m not some weird vampire that thinks of emo names!” I said getting a little agitated.
“Well, I think that Shayde or Shadow would be some good names for him.”
“Well, Shayde does kind of fit him.”
“Yeah, I knew you would like that name.”
“Who’s horse is that?”
“Our other human’s.”
“What there is another human here!”
“Yep, we had to take her away from her family too.”
“Oh..”
“But, she wanted to come. She was adopted and her family wasn’t to nice.”
“Oh, well I didn’t want to come.”
“Yeah, I kind of figured that out when Draven told me you stabbed him,” he said with a laugh.
“Hey it ain’t funny!”
“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry.”
“Do vampires eat normal food too, because I am starving.”
“Yeah, come on. I will get you some food.”
I followed him back to the creepy castle/ dungeon place. Again, he took me through a lot of halls but finally we reached a small kitchen. When we got to the kitchen their was a girl there, well, the human girl was there. She looked at me and said hi. I said hi back, but I didn’t talk to her. I was set on eating my food. I settled on eating chocolate ice cream and yes, I know that is very healthy.
I decided to go sit down beside the girl. “Hey. My name is Amanda.”
“Hi. I’m Akiko,” she said with an accent, which I am guessing was because she obviously used to speak Chinese.
“So do you like horses?”
“Well I didn’t before I came here. I don’t ride though because the horse isn’t trained.”
“Oh, well I can train yours if you want me to,” I said trying to be as friendly as possible.
“Oh my goodness! That would be great.”
“Ok, if you want we can go now. I may need some of your help with the horse though. Oh, what is the horses name?”
“Cyrus!” she exclaimed. “I named him that because he is the color of the sun, and Cyrus means sun. I thought that it just fit him perfect. OH! I have to tell you something!”
Gosh, she sure does like to talk a lot. “Oh, what is it.”
“Well, I seen your horse earlier, and I have a great name for him.”
“Wel..”
“I think Stormy would be a great name for him!” she cried, cutting me off.
“What I was going to say was, that Stryker and I were out there and he picked out a name for me, because he didn’t like the name I had.”
“What name did you have? What name did he pick out? Do you like the name?”
“Oh my gosh girl! You sure do talk a lot.”
“Oh sorry, it’s just I haven’t talked to an actual human in a while.”
“Haven’t you been talking to the vampires?”
“Yes, but……Well, I guess you do have a point.”
“Exactly. And to answer your questions, his name was Jet. Stryker picked out the name Shayde, and I do like the name. Stryker is pretty awesome to,” I said looking over at him. “I kind of like him, he is really H-O-T!”
Akiko starting giggling uncontrollably. “AMANDA! Did you forget he was a vampire? Just so you know vampires can hear very good. So he prolly just heard you.”
My face instantly turned red. I looked over at him and he was smiling at me. OH MY GOSH! Just kill me now, SERIOUSLY! “Hey Akiko, what do you say we go work with Cyrus now.”
“Ok, that is fine with me.”
We walked out to the field and Shayde came running up to me. I put him in the make shift barn they had, so he wouldn’t interfere with the training. I put the halter on Cyrus and led him to the, very small, arena. He seemed like a really calm horse. I shouldn’t have any problem training him. Well, actually I might have a problem seeming a have a broken arm. I really hate that guy Draven!
I lunged Cyrus for about fifteen minutes, and then tried to put the saddle pad on him. That was a bad idea. He took off bucking, running, and just went crazy.
“Oh my gosh, let’s get out of here!” cried Akiko.
“What? Are you stupid? You don’t just leave! You have to keep trying and trying, until the horse knows that it’s not going to hurt him.”
“Oh.”
I walked over to him and lunged him for a few more minutes. I tried to put the saddle pad on again and, of course, he did the same thing. I told Akiko to get out of the arena. I am going to try join up with him, so that way he will trust me. I decided to lead him over to the little round pen, because it is easier doing it in a round pen. I got the saddle pad, saddle and lunge whip and put them all in the center of the arena.
I picked up the lunge whip and he picked up the canter. I didn’t let him stop, I made him keep cantering. I could see a slight sweat starting to form. Finally, I seen the first sign. He turned his inside ear to me and kept it to wear it was always locked on me.
Then, he showed the second sign. He started chewing and licking his lips. He was sweating so bad, white foam was starting to form on his fur. I couldn’t let him stop though, because he still hasn’t showed the last sign.
After about five minutes he dropped his head. I dropped my shoulder and turned around. He walked up behind me and I felt him breathing on my neck. I turned around still looking at the ground, making sure not to make eye contact with him. I stroked his head and turned around. I started to walk away, and thankfully, he followed me. I just achieved join up!
I hooked the lead rope up to his halter and picked up the saddle pad. He let me put it on him without any fuss. Time for the saddle. I picked the saddle up and put it on his back. Perfection. Slowly, I tightened up the girth. I told Akiko to go get the bridle. She handed me the bridle, and I put it on Cyrus. He willingly took the bit. When I get on him, I know he is going to buck. But that is all part of the plan.
I got on him and slowly sat down in the saddle. I squeezed with my legs, and he took a step forward. I squeezed again, and that set him off. He started bucking like crazy. I grabbed the saddle horn and jerked his head up with the reins. I pulled on the left rein, and made him turn his head to the inside. He stopped bucking. The same process went on for several minutes. Once he was done bucking, I had him walking with me!
“That was impressive.”
I turned around and seen Stryker sitting under a tree. “Oh, thanks. I used to train horses at my house. I trained them to race and jump.”
“So you were like the family trainer.”
“Yep.”
“And did you get paid?”
“Uh.. No.”
“Now see that isn’t fair. I think this should be your job.”
“What do you mean ‘my job’?”
“Well, here at the vamp place, everyone has to have a job. Akiko has one. She paints.”
“Oh, well to train horses I need a barn, a bigger arena, a better field with lots of grass, grain, more saddles, more bridles, hay, and more saddle pads. If you get me all this stuff it is going to cost around 30,000 dollars.”
“Oh please, 30k! That is like a penny for us.”
“OH, WELL I AM SORRY! You know not everyone is rich. Some people actually think 30k is actually a lot of money!”
“Well not to us.”
“Oh, will you just shut UP!” I would totally go punch him in the face right now, but I know that he could beat me up.
I told Akiko to open the gate. I took off running with Cyrus. Maybe I can get away. OH NO SHAYDE! I will just have to come back and get him later. Well I will come back and get him if I get away. I don’t know where this little path leads, but I am just going to keep riding. Then, Cyrus was thrown backwards. LITERALLY, something threw Cyrus backwards! My feet were stuck in the stirrups, so I couldn’t do anything but hold on. Cyrus landed on his side and landed on my leg. I screamed in pain. I felt someone grab my arm. They pulled me away from Cyrus. I looked up and seen Stryker. Then, I punched him right in the face.
“YOU STUPID JERK! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU PROBABLY JUST BROKE ONE OF CYRUS’S LEGS! INCLUDING MY LEG. REALLY! ARE YOU STUPID!” I yelled at him as loud as I could.
“No, I am not the stupid one. You are the stupid one for thinking that you could out run a vampire with a useless horse.”
“What did you just say?” I said and pushed him. “Horses are not useless!”
“Yeah, what ever.”
I slapped him as hard as I could and walked over to Cyrus. I pulled the reins and he got up. Thankfully, he was fine and none of his legs were broken. I got on him and loped him back to the field. When I got there I took his tack off and went inside. I walked around for hours, but soon I found my room. I slammed the door and locked it. I burst out into tears.
Then, I remembered. I know this isn’t a very good place keep a cell phone, but it is just convenient for me. I reached in my shirt and pulled my phone out of my bra. I dialed my mom’s number.
“Hello,” she said answering the phone.
“Mom, it’s me. I need help.” I said still crying.
“Amanda! Where are you?”
“I don’t know. Last night someone came in my room. I stabbed them but they laughed and pulled the knife out. Then their cut healed. He broke my arm and knocked me out. I woke up in a black room, and someone turned a lamp on. The guy was really hot. He was being really nice, he even brought Jet here. The worst thing of all is, that I am in a weird castle/ dungeon thing with tons of VAMPIRES! Mom please help me!”
Before she could answer the door slammed open. Oh no. It was Draven. He walked up to me, grabbed my phone, then he threw it against the wall.
“Who were you talking to?”
“None of your business!”
“You better tell me now, or I am going to break your leg even more.”
“Um.. My leg isn’t broken.”
“Then why is it so swollen?”
“I don’t know, I ain’t a doctor!”
“Now, this is your last chance. Who were you talking to!”
This time it wasn’t a question, he was going to get this out of my one way or another. “Why would a tell a BIG, FAT JERK like YOU!”
“Oh, you’ve done it now.”
He ran towards me, but someone grabbed him and flung him against the wall. It was Stryker.
“Amanda run! I will catch up with you, when I am done with him.”
He didn’t have to say another word. I was out of there. I ran out to the barn and saddled up Shayde and Cyrus. I hooked Cyrus’s lead rope up to Shayde’s saddle.
“Amanda, what is going on?”
“Akiko just get on Cyrus and hold on!”
She got on Cyrus and I got on Shayde. I kicked him as hard as I could. He took off and Cyrus followed beside him. Soon, we reached a big gate. Thankfully, it opened automatically. The road went three ways. Straight, to the left, and to the right.
“Akiko, I need an answer quickly. Where do each of these roads go?”
“Straight, town. Left and right I have no idea.”
“Ok, straight it is.”
We took off galloping.

*****

We rode for an hour and the horses were sweating like crazy. I pulled Shayde back to a trot. My leg was killing me. All the pain just suddenly came on. It hurt me so bad that I had to stop Shayde so I could puke.
“Amanda, are you all right. Will you please tell me what is going on!”
“Well my leg is broke, I have ran on it and now I am riding. Let’s just say that it hurts so bad that it just made me sick. Stryker told me to run, because Draven was about to hurt me. He said that he would catch up once he was finished with Draven.”
“Amanda. They will find us. They will kill us. Anyone who escapes, they find and kill.”
“Don’t worry they won’t find us. Now, how much longer ’till we get to town?”
“Well, soon the woods will open up to a meadow. From there, you just go straight and you should get to town in four hours.”
“What? Four hours! Ok, that’s it. Get off of the horse. We cant ride them anymore.”
“No, you have to ride. There is no way you can walk on a broken leg.”
“Yes I can, and I will.”
We walked forever. I was about to faint when we reached the meadow. I told Akiko that I had to sit down. Well, I actually laid down. I ended up puking again because of the pain. It was dark now, and I hate the dark. I really don’t like being at a place I don’t know at night.
Then, something jumped out of the woods and jumped on Akiko. It was one of those things. All I could do was scream. Two more came out and jumped on the horses. “SHAYDE!” I screamed. I started to run over to him, but the thing looked up and bared it sharp, bloody teeth at me. “No, Shayde.” I said while tears spilled down my cheeks. I tried to run, but my leg couldn’t take it anymore. I collapsed.
“Amanda! Come on, let’s get you out of here.”
Someone picked me up, and I noticed it was Stryker. Before he ran I looked back at Shayde. The sight was horrid. The horses and Akiko were torn to shreds, and there was blood everywhere. He took of running. Fast. I knew vamp’s were fast, but not this fast. It took thirty minutes to get to the town.
“Stryker. Those things tore Akiko, Shayde, and Cyrus to shreds,” I said crying.
“I know Amanda.”
“Please stop the pain. My leg is killing me. I want every thing to be normal. I want my family back. I want Akiko and the horses back.”
“I know you do. You cant have them back, but I promise I will make every thing as normal as possible. Don’t worry,” he said I wiped the tears off my face.
He took me to some house and wrapped my leg up in a bandage. He gave me some type of painkillers and a sleeping pill. Let’s just say that pill sure did work, because I fell asleep very quickly.