Status: FINISHED - Check out the sequel.

We've Got These Big City Dreams.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU.

~

I must have finally fallen asleep because the next thing I knew my alarm was blaring causing the sleeping form of the boy beside me to start whining and pulling the covers further over his body, giggling I reached over and turned it off before turning and placing a kiss on his forehead which caused him to grab my hips and pull me down on top of him and clutching me to his chest.

“nooooooooooo”

“Alex let me go, please”

“Nope, you’re mine”

Rolling my eyes, this happened pretty much everyday. I was used to it by now, school had finished and I’d been home everyday with him, well within reason since he usually had things to do, I was amazed at the amount of things they had to do.

“What are you doing today” I asked him while sitting up on him, watching him pout as he realised I’d moved.

“Nothing, I’m off all day” he replied while leaning his arm up to find his iPhone from the side to read his texts which gave me an opportunity to move and make my way to the bathroom, hearing him groan as he realised I'd moved made me laugh.

~

Turns out Meganne had arranged some type of dinner party that evening with all the people she knew from college, I’d been sitting beside Alex and some guy who Meganne said was her partner in all her assignments, he was called Kyle and he was rather nice, really polite and me and him kept up a steady chat, I hadn’t noticed that Alex’s grip on my leg had gotten tighter as I chatted away.

“So how long have you been going to school here?” Kyle asked

“Nearly four years now, feels like forever though, you” I replied

“Two and a half, I’m originally from California but I hadn’t it there, you?” He asked again,
randomly bringing up subjects

“I’m English but I moved to Maryland when I was 10 then came here” I muttered while turning to glance at Alex who had just made a very fake cough, looking a him with a look that said “what is your problem” which caused him to roll his eyes and go back to staring into the air.

Soon enough the dinner part of the party was over and music had started, making everyone start dancing, and finally Lily had opened the alcohol cupboard and everyone was now within reason drunk. I, on the other hand was refusing to touch a drop of alcohol due to what happened last time I got drunk, Alex himself had wandered off and I’d lost him during all the movement.

The next thing I knew was that I was being pulled against someone to dance, assuming it was Alex I ignored the weird feeling in my stomach, soon enough I’d been turned around and someone who certainly wasn’t Alex had placed their lips against mine, adrenaline kicked in causing me to shove this person away before looking up and seeing that it was Kyle, how dare he. A sudden slam made me jump and a hand pulled my wrist away from the drama exploding.

Alex’s fist was colliding with Kyle’s jaw as Kyle moved away.

“Bro what the fuck?”

“Don’t ever fucking lay a hand on my girlfriend ever again” Alex spat directly at him

“Girlfriend? Dude she hasn’t spent any time with you all night, even when you were trying to get her attention during dinner she ignored you for me, obviously she doesn’t want you” Kyle sneered

Everyone was silent.

Alex turned; his fist still held high in the air and caught my eyes, the anger in his eyes was mixed with sadness, he believed him. Shaking my head, I went to say something but he’d already turned and walked away.

Tears filled my eyes as I ran after him all the way out the apartment and down to the street.

“Alex wait, please”

“WHY? So you can lie to me? Are you doing this to get back at me or something” His voice was laced with venom.

“NO, I am not doing that”

“REALLY, it sure seems that way right now”

“Alex, I didn’t mean to ignore you, I was just making conversation with him”

“Is that what it was? Sure didn’t look that way, your hips moving against his”

“What the fuck are you on about? I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU”

This caused him stop and turn around, for a minute I thought I could see tears in his eyes.
“Please Alex” I pleaded

“Tell me now, do you” I cut him off

“Alex I love you, you know that” He slowly closed the gap between us as I said this, “That’s what I’ve been waiting to hear” he muttered before connecting our lips and smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not so sure about this, but i've just changed the plan I wrote for this and I kind of had to change this entire chapter to fit in with the next, which will be posted this evening.
Comments and Subs?