Just Look Into My Eyes, Cause the Heart Never Lies

There You Go Again!

The next day I was up and about earlier than I normally would be. But I hadn't quite told Kirstie that my boyfriend, Chris, usually comes over on Fridays. And he was now knocking on the door at nine am. I grabbed my shoes and ran out the door, slamming into him as I shut the door.

“What are you doing?” He asked, staring at me.

“I thought we'd take a walk.” I said, blowing my bangs out of my face.

“Okay....” he said slowly, taking my hand in his and pulling me along.

“So, how was work yesterday?” I asked, hoping to break the awkward silence.

“Fine. I'm stuck with Hanna for yet another design project.” he said with a growl. He always talks about how much he hates this Hanna person and how she's such a pain. He even called her a devil once.

“Aw, is she giving you trouble already?” I asked, snuggling up to his side. He stiffened slightly and ignored my gaze as we continued to walk.

“Yeah, she's just a pain.” he said. I sighed and moved away, just walking next to him in silence.

“Kirstie is visiting.” I said quietly.

“That's nice. How's she enjoying Boston?” he asked, checking his phone quickly.

“She only got here yesterday! She pretty much ate and then went to bed.” I said with a smile. He started to text someone and then stopped abruptly on the street.

“I've gotta go. I've got a meeting with Hanna.” he said, turning on his heel and pulling me back towards my house.

“Can't she wait? I barely see you anymore.” I whined.

“It's work, Katie! I'm sorry but I've gotta do it.” he said, glancing at me.

“Fine.” I said, dropping his hand and crossing my arms. I went straight for my door and opened it. I went to step inside but he grabbed my arm.

“Don't be upset.” he said.

“You're ditching me, yet again, for work.” I said through a sigh.

“Well it pisses me off!” I snapped, shaking his grip.

“I can't do anything about it! It's work.” He emphasized. “If you had a job as important as mine, you would understand.” he said.

“There you go again!” I snapped, rolling my eyes at him.

“What did I do!?” he snapped back.

“Degrading me! Am I just arm candy to you?” I said, trying to bring down my tone.

“Baby, please don't start this.” he said, running a hand through his hair.

“Don't baby me.” I said, crossing my arms again.

“Whatever. I have to go.” he said after a long silence. He leaned in to kiss me but I turned my head. He let out a low growl and grabbed my face, kissing me roughly and backing away.

“asshole.” I mumbled.

“Bitch.” He said, loud enough for me to hear. He got in his car and sped off, his tires screeching down the old cobblestone road. I sighed and pressed my head into the door frame. I twisted my claddagh ring around my finger, the tiny heart pointing outwards. In the back of my mind, I was looking for a better love. I went back inside and closed the door to see everyone awake and staring. fantastic.

“That doesn't seem like a good relationship there, girly.” Harry said, while the others nodded their heads in agreement.

“I didn't ask for anyone's opinion.” I said, dropping my bag on the counter.

“We're just concerned.” Tom said quietly, looking at me with those big brown eyes. god dammit....

“Can we not talk about this, please?” I said, twisting the hem of my shirt.

Everyone stayed silent and eventually Kirstie asked if I could show her and the guys some of the cool things about Boston. I smiled and agreed, telling everyone we would be leaving to go in a few minutes. I was proud to say that I could get connections to hook us up with the rink at the garden for a few hours. I just hoped this would distract them enough to keep out of my relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh ooooooooh ;)
I'm going to beach until Tuesday!

Katie

Kirstie Monkey Banana!