Just Look Into My Eyes, Cause the Heart Never Lies

I Missed You.

I had been sitting on the bed, staring at my suitcases, which Kirstie had to carry up for me. I tried to lift them onto the bed and start to unpack but I had a lot less strength that I did a few months ago. And I gave up, sitting where I am right now, blankets wrapped around my body. I had talked to my older brother a lot during these few months. He didn't know how sick I was and now I was just waiting for him to find out and rip on me for it. He was a firefighter in Boston, tough but with a giant heart. Kirstie used to have the biggest crush on him.

“Katie, what are you doing? You’re so frail.” I heard a voice say. It took a second, but once I recognized it, my head snapped up. Tom was standing in the doorway, staring at me with a strange expression. My heart was beating faster and faster.

“I'm fine.” I found myself saying, looking back at my suitcases. I'm fine, I'll show him. I stood up, feeling lightheaded as soon as I was off the bed. In just a blink, Tom was wrapping his arms around my small frame, holding me against him. If I had the energy, I would have pushed him off.

“Don't do this to yourself.” he said quietly into my hair. I tried to reply but I was beyond exhausted, and my body was suddenly breaking under all of the stress and lack of sleep, all in that moment. “Kirstie was telling you the truth.........about Giovanna.” he said.

“I'm sick of being made a fool of.” I mumbled. He gently stroked my hair, letting out a long sigh.

“I'm so sorry, Katie. I never wanted to hurt you.” he said.

“But you did.” I replied. He just barely tightened his hold on me, my head resting on his chest, allowing me to hear his heart.

“I won't ever hurt you again.” he said.

“And how do I know that?” I asked, looking up at him.

“You have to trust me.” he said. I rested my head against his chest again and let out a long puff of air. “I love you.” he said quietly. I swear, our hearts were beating at the same speed.

“I love you too.” I said. He stepped away, briefly unwrapping his arms only to place his hands gently on my face and kissing me.

“I missed you.” he said, pulling me into a hug.

“I missed you too.” I said, wrapping my arms around his middle. I looked up and noticed a ring hanging off a chain, around his neck. It was my Claddagh, the one I thought I had lost once I left the house. “Did you steal this?” I teased

“No.......” he said slowly, making me start to laugh. He smiled and kissed me, holding me tighter. “I missed your laugh.” he said, making me blush. “No, stop it! I missed this too much!” he teased.

“Well, I'm stuck here for a while.” I said.

“Come on, let's get some food in you.....” he said, gently taking my cold hands in his warm ones and pulling me downstairs. Dougie was standing in the kitchen with Kirstie. They turned and Dougie looked sick to his stomach.

“I think I saw a photographer make that face at me the other day.” I said. Kirstie gently slapped Dougie's arm and he shook his head quickly.

“Sorry.....I.....you.....not good.” he stuttered.

“I'll be back to myself soon.” I said, sitting myself down at the table. “Whatever you made, Kirst, it smells like heaven.” I said, making her smile. This will get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took me so long!
I'm so tired so this might be like......
not so awesome :/

Katie and Tom

KIRSTIE!!!!!!!! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!