Status: finn <3

You've Got Me, Right Where You Need

O N E

The sky was painted a dark, thick royal blue and I sat there, watching it change colour, getting lighter without really noticing. I listened to the birds chirp in the trees, calling to their mates, their children or maybe just singing because their happy. I smiled at the thought and ran my hand through my thick brown locks and leaned against the door frame.

It was 4.36 am, and I couldn’t sleep. Again.

Whenever I can’t sleep, I go and watch the sun rise with a cup of tea. Simple things please me, such as sunrises and sun sets. I like to watch the clouds take on that orangey tinge as the sun climbs higher in the sky after its sleep. It’s beautiful I think. Nature is a beautiful thing. Life if a very beautiful thing, but most people don’t care.

Society makes me sick. We all live life in the fast lane, always wanting the newest things, wanting to be ahead of everyone else. A society ruled by money and material happiness, never stopping just sit back and look at the world around us. I think if we did, maybe we wouldn’t fight so such over trivial things.

I sat there nursing my tea until my house mate Liana Reynolds woke up and clambered down the stairs. I turned and she smiled at me sympathetically before turning into the kitchen. She knew I couldn’t sleep well lately so just left me too it.

My phone buzzed in my pocket so I pulled it out revelling my alarm telling me to wake up. Too late buddy, too late. I sipped the last dregs of my tea before hauling myself off the step and upstairs for a shower.

I let the hot liquid rush over my tense mussels trying to relax, but not being able to, knowing what lied ahead of me that day. I worked as a receptionist at a photography studio. Probably the reason why she hated the world so much. Day after day, countless amounts of size 4, blondly, booby girly girls came for photo shoots and castings, making everyone around them feel inferior. They looked like bubble brains who just stared at their faces all day.

You know why? Cause they think their perfect. But their not, no one is. They’re just someone’s idea of perfect, and whoever that someone was is an idiot. Then there was me looking the complete opposite to them. I had brown hair that never did what it was supposed to, dull and green eyes.

Im not always this cynical, trust me.

I was supposed to be at uni making something of myself but I couldn’t afford it. So instead im stuck in a dead end job, trying to please people that repulse me. I exited the shower and quickly got dressed. The only upside to this job was the fact I could wear what I wanted. I slipped on my new glamour kills tee and a pair of shorts, teamed with my trusty blue and coral Nike dunks.

Not in the mood for breakfast, I grabbed my bag and slipped out the door before Liana could protest. Since I was so early I decided to walk to work. It was only about 20 minutes away and I had time. I wandered the streets with no real pace, watching all the stupid business men rush to there destinations. The cars stuck in traffic, honking because they were late for work.

I looked up at a bus stuck and tutted to myself. On the side was a sign for a new anti-wrinkle cream. I hated those things. Almost as much as I hated mascara adverts. I mean does having a wrinkle free face and longer eyelashes make you a better person? No they didn’t.

I was still a little early, but I opened up anyway. I was sat for about half an hour, flipping through the latest copy of kerrang I had. I had read it a few times, but I couldn’t read through any other mags in the place without wanting to shoot myself.

Eventually my work mate Zahra Raleigh rushed in and plopped down on the chair next to me, behind the desk. I have no idea why they had two receptionists in this place, but I appreciated the company. I gave her a confused look. I understood soon enough as out boss Ella-May Darwin walked in. she was very strict on us being in on time. She simply smiled and nodded at us before retreating into her office.

“How do you get in on time everyday?” Zahra asked whilst rummaging through her bag.

“Insomnia” I muttered, flicking through the mag, but not really reading it.

“What?” she questioned quietly.

I sighed quietly and shut the mag. “nothing. So what booked in for today?” Zahra checked over the record books and grimaced.

“There’s a shoot for look magazine all day.” Zahra hated the usual model types as much as I did. Mostly because every time they came in they looked at us like we were something they’d stepped in. Zahra had tried to fit in with them at first but it didn’t really work out. She was a pretty girl, with long brown, wavy hair and hazel eyes. She was part Asian and it made her look more unique. I have always envied her looks. “Oh hey, tom barns is booked for the afternoon.”

Whenever tom barns was booked, he always bought some band in. A small highlight for us. We sat contemplating who he might bring in when Ella-May walked out. Ella-May was an odd person really. She didn’t look like a typical business woman. She was only about 27, but she looked younger. Her hair was a mousy brown with blond tips. But she had the business woman attitude. She looked at us from over the desk and eyed us carefully.

“So we have a big shoot today, I need you guys on top form on the tea and coffee side of things, is that ok?” I groaned inwardly and just nodded. It would have to be if I still wanted a job. The door behind us opened and in came about 12 stick people. Ella-May invited them in and got them settled I looked at Zahra and crinkled my nose.

“Let’s get this show on the road” she huffed and then plastered her face with a brilliant smile. Me and Zahra took it in turn to make the drinks. I had been in a few times and they were all prancing around half naked with stupid colours over their faces. Zahra was currently in the kitchen making more tea so I was left to man the desk.

The door soon opened and 6 lads walked in. I recognised tom straight away because he was in so frequently, the other boys sat on the sofas. I smiled warmly at him, to which he returned. “Hey vi, how are you?”

“Im good tom, yourself?”

“Im good”, he spoke whilst signing in. “so, anyone else in today” as soon as he finished, two stick people entered the reception and marched right up to the desk, completely ignoring tom.

“Bathroom?” she spat at me. I rose on eyebrow and pointed at the stairs in the corner. They both strutted off and tom waited until they were out of sight.

“Ouch. So this afternoon should be fun then.”

I smiled lightly and he finished up signing in.”So who have you got with you today?”

Tom tuned around and waved the boys over. They all came waddling over at a snails pace and tom stood there waiting impatiently. “Guys this is a friend of mine, violet. Violet, this is chris, matt, max, dan and josh” i smiled and said hey politely, and they all returned the gesture. The boy that tom had pointed out as josh looked at me oddly, almost a look of recognition on is face, that I soon mirrored. It wasn’t until I looked into those bright blue eyes of his that I remembered who he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit :)

new story, i just wanted a change form my others, hope you enjoy and um yeah, comment's would be lovely :) x