Sunsets Never Were So Bright

We drove out to see Las Vegas

November 17th - 23:41 hours


My mother and sister were both in bed by now, and if they weren't, they weren't going to come out of their rooms until tomorrow morning. I grabbed my duffle bag from under my bed and pulled some clothes out that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing in front of my family. The outfit was simple enough, and would hopefully attract the eye of the gorgeous man who watched me from the corner at the bar I would go to tonight. I didn't have to worry about being arrested, because the bar was disguised well enough that police would pass right by it.
I walked over to my vanity and applied some red lipstick and did a nice job to my eyes before pulling my pack of Marlboros out of my underwear drawer. I stuck them in my bra and made my way to my favorite window. I opened it and climbed carefully down the lattice. My mother just made this so easy.
Once I was finally in the back yard, I smoothed out my Nirvana shirt and jumped the fence. The bar was about fifteen blocks, so I had quite a walk ahead of me. I pulled a Marlboro out and lit it, inhaling the toxic fumes like my life depended on it. I hadn't had a nice, long smoke in nearly a week. No wonder I was so pissy.
The bar was in some guy's basement, but it was pretty popular among the under twenty one crowd. I ducked under the door as I jogged down the steps and into the smoke filled room. I'm sure if the fire marshal caught wind of this it'd be shut down.
I took a seat at the bar. "Hey hun, what can I get ya?" the old man asked me. I'd grown close to him, he listened to everything I ever had to say.
"Give me a Smurf Piss and a bottle of Jack, I want to get wasted tonight." The man nodded and came back with my lemonade/blue schnapps/Absolut mixture and the bottle of the only man I can trust. I quickly downed the Smurf Piss and took my Jack with me as I roamed the "dance floor" if you could call it that. I noticed that the man who always watched me was doing the same again tonight. He had beautiful green eyes that I knew from somewhere...
"Wanna dance?"
I turned around to see a scruffy twenty something with lust in his eyes. I shook my head quickly and tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm.
"C'mon gorgeous, I've got something you want," he whispered in my ear.
"I doubt it," I spat, pulling my knee up to meet his groin. He doubled over in pain, grabbing his crotch. I took a swig of the Jack and started dancing with somebody who had to be my age. I looked up into his eyes to see green staring back down. Now would be the perfect time to ask him who he was, but why ruin a nice dance? He pulled my hips back towards his lower half, where I could feel his, er, friend. Apparently my outfit had worked. And worked very, very well. I just continued grinding on him. I was really getting him worked up.
He pushed me away not long after, slipping a piece of paper in my cleavage. I pulled it out and saw that it had his number, but no name. Who does that? I decided to stick it in the waistband of my skirt.
Somebody else grabbed my hips and danced behind me. It couldn't hurt to just lose myself for a night, could it? I continued drinking my bottle of Jack and eventually was almost too wasted to walk. Somehow, I made it home and back up the lattice, though I'm not sure how.

I woke up the next morning with a groan, covering my eyes immediately. Fucking hangovers... I found my aspirin and popped two, swallowing dry. I didn't remember much from last night, but I did remember dancing with the hottie and exciting him a little too much. That memory brought a smile to my lips. I found another note on my vanity.

Amber, dear, Mel bought you a beautiful pink dress from Germany this past weekend, and I'd like for you to wear it to the charity ball tonight. She has picked out some accessories for you, as well. You need to be ready before one, so I only hope you're up before then. Anna and I have gone shopping and out to eat, we'll be back to get you. Zack Baker will be your escort, per request of Anna. There's a small salad in the fridge you can have for lunch.

I threw the note on the ground and jumped on it. A fucking pink dress and a small salad for lunch. Dammit! I grabbed a take-out menu and ordered a large stromboli. I was hungry, and my weight never mattered much to me.
I wasn't sure how much more of this I could take. But I did know that I needed to call mystery man tonight. I had to find out who he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Woot woot! (:
I really don't like Amber's mom, do you guys? :L
Still looking for girlfriends/best friends/blah blah blah. Comment with your name and preferred role and I'll bring you in as soon as everybody else is introduced...which is soon, don't worry. (: