Every Storm That Comes Also Comes to an End

Twenty

We’d just finished the breakfast Alex had prepared earlier. I was happy I didn’t have to go to work today. Instead I got to spend it with my boyfriend. Okay technically he hadn’t ask me, but after last night it was clear we were back together… this time for good.

I got up and walked to the kitchen where Alex was doing the dishes. “So……” I said, hopping onto the counter. “What are we going to do today anyways.” Alex threw the towel over a chair and smile at me. “How about you go take a shower, you can borrow one of my shirt if you want by the way, and we just stay in today, watch a movie or something?” He said, standing in between my legs. “Sounds like a plan.” I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he kissed me.

“Hey Alex.” I said once he pulled away. “About last night….” “What about it? Did I do something wrong?” He looked at me, panic clear in his eyes. I chuckled. “No, no, last night was…. perfect.” “Then what’s wrong?” Alex asked, the panic gone, but there was still a hint of worry in his voice. “I just…. I was wondering….. What are we?”

Alex hesitated a second, but then smiled. “We’re Avery and Alex.” He said finally. I playfully slapped his chest. “Alex I’m serious!” “So am I.” He took my hands in his. “You’ve given me one final chance Ave and I’m going to do everything I can not to screw thing up again. I want to take this slow, as slow as we possibly could.” I nodded. “So….. Baby steps?” I asked. Alex smiled. “Baby steps.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just rinsing the soap out of my hair when I heard a door open and close followed by a loud “Honey, I’m home!”. I froze, oh crap….. Last night Alex and I had been in our own little world, completely forgotten that Alex wasn’t living alone anymore.

I quickly finished my shower and threw on one of Alex’s shirt like he’d said. I hurried back to the kitchen where I could hear Jack ranting off to Alex. I stopped in the doorframe to see Alex leaning casually against the fridge, an amused expression on his face as he watched his best friend pace up and down. Jack’s back was turned towards me as he continued lecturing Alex.

“I can’t believe you! You spend months and months moaning about the fact Avery won’t take you back and all of a sudden you have some girl staying the night? Like what the fuck Alex, I thought you wanted to get Avery back. What if she changes her mind and…..”

I giggled softly, figuring now would be the perfect time to interrupt them. “Morning Jack.” Jack twirled around. I guess he was too worked up about Alex, because he didn’t seem to fully realize what was going on. “Avery, can you believe this guy. First he can’t stop talking about you and now he….” Jack stopped talking. He looked at me and blinked a few times, finally realizing that a, I was actually there and b, my hair was still damp from the shower and c, I was wearing one of Alex’s shirts.

“I… You…. Alex….” He stammered and I laughed. I launched myself at him, hugging him like I hadn’t seen him in years. Alex looked at us with a partly amused, partly annoyed look on his face. “Where is my hug?” He whined. Giggling loudly I let go of Jack and went over to Alex. “Stop whining, you get something better than a hug.” I said and gave him a quick kiss.

Jack was staring at us. “What the hell is going on here? Did I go back in time or something.” He screamed, causing Alex and me to laugh loudly. “Calm down would ya.” Alex chuckled. “Give me a minute to explain.” Jack huffed and sat down at the table. He looked up at us. “Tell me.” He demanded and Alex filled him in about last night.

“So does this mean you two are back together?” Jack asked when Alex was done explaining. I looked at Alex, who was looking at me. I sent him a quick smile before turning back to Jack. “Well we’re taking things slow, but…. yeah, we are.” Jack jumped up, tackling both of us in a hug. “Fucking finally!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks later

“I can’t do this anymore!” I said, pulling my hair in frustration. “He’s driving me completely insane!” Jack chuckled. “Well as I remember it you agreed with him.” “Yeah, but that was then!” I said matter-of-factly. “This is now. We’ve been together for 3 weeks now and he’s still taking baby step! Don’t get me wrong the dates are amazing, but I would like to do a little more than just kiss him.”

Jack chuckled again. “Do you really wanna take the next step in your relationship or are you just horny?” I blushed a little. “That’s not the point!” I exclaimed. “Than what is?” “The point is Alex should know by now I trust him not to screw things up. I know he won’t. I want him to know it’s okay to speed things up a bit.”

I plopped down on my couch next to Jack. “Why don’t you just tell him?” Jack shrugged. “I tried, but he keeps telling me the same thing.” “Baby steps?” “Baby steps.” I sighed.

Suddenly a wicked grin formed on Jack’s face. “I know exactly what it is you need to do.” He said and pulled me up from the couch. “Come on, we’re going shopping.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little while later we were in the mall. “Jack I really don’t see how shopping is going to help me convince Alex it’s okay to do more than go on dates and hold hands.” I sighed. “Oh it will, don’t worry.” Jack said, pulling me along. “What are we doing here anyways?” I asked.

“Making sure Alex won’t be able to say no to you anymore..” Jack said and pointed to our destination. My eyes widened when I realized where we were. “Victoria’s Secret? Really Jack? THAT’S your plan?” I said, half amused, half annoyed.

“Think about it Ave. You really think he’s going to deny you when he sees you in one of those.” He said, waving his hand in the direction of one of the mannequins. I realized Jack was right and I grinned. “Let’s do this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long guy, hope you still like it.
Still need to edit this, so I'm sorry for any mistakes.

Love, Felicia.