Status: Contemplating re-writing this.

I Never Dreamt Because I'm Just Too Busy

A Perfect Waste of a Perfect Day

Things were as boring as ever, but for whatever reason Chantel thought it would be a good idea to randomly show up at my house, begging me to go to the mall with her.

I wasn’t much for going out. Well, to the mall anyways. I suppose it’s because I rarely ever went there in the first place. Most of my friends went out with each other, and hardly ever invited me. But like I said, it’s okay. I’m not the most extroverted, and I just got in the way sometimes. It’s true, though they never said it. I’m afraid to admit it either. Between Chantel and all the attention she got from guys, sometimes it was better I wasn’t there to drag her down. Same thing with Angel and Mystique.

They were the kinds of girls you didn’t meet often, but wished you did. Insanely pretty, and a little bit out there, but in the right way. Refreshing in a way, because most of the time all the girls are the same. Stuck up, and a little bit too concerned with looks. Mysti and Angel though, they were those girls who didn’t even have to try to be beautiful, and never felt the need to pretend to be someone they’re not. They wear their personalities on their sleeves, and that’s kind of what I admire about them.

Chantel was nearly dragging me out the door, and I stumbled to pull on my sweater.
“Why are you so anxious to get to the mall woman?” I asked her, as I slid my arm through the sleeve she wasn’t yanking on.

“Because. You never get out of that damned house!” She laughed. “You really need to get out more. Besides I told Mysti and Angel that we’d be there in about half an hour!”

I raised my eyebrows. “And what’s so important that we have to be there so soon?”

Something flickered through her eyes, but I had hardly the clue to what it was. “I don’t know. Mysti said something about a hair appointment or something.”

“Okay…And why do we have to be there?”

“Because. She’s going on a date with some new guy tonight and she needs your opinion!”

I shrugged my shoulders. Since when did my opinion ever matter before? I wasn’t going to argue though, because in a way, I was happy to be included for once.

I sat in the passenger seat as Chantel set her speed-demon self to work, zooming through the numerous cars and making me nearly scream every time she got a little bit too close to the cars.

Not a moment too soon we pulled into a parking space, and I had to flex my fingers to make sure I hadn’t lost feeling while I was holding on to the handle for dear life.

Chantel smirked happily as she gazed upon the tight space she wedged her car into between a banana hummer, and a blazer.

Angel came running over in her precariously high heels when she spotted us.

“Guys we need to hurry! We have about five minutes to get to the hair dresser’s!” Angel chirped, giving me a quick half-hug.

I waddled after them, not nearly as excited as they were. Taking my time wasn’t what they wanted though, and eventually they got fed up and pushed me to go faster. We were all laughing by the time we walked in the door because they were basically carrying me.
“Get your fat ass in there!” Mysti laughed, pushing me.

“Okay! God!” I chuckled, “I don’t know why you guys are so excited. It’s not as though you’ve never had a haircut before in your life.”

“Oh, I’m not the one getting a haircut.” They all shared a look, and were basically ripping at the seams with a chuckle and a giggle there.

“Angel?” I asked my eyebrows lifting.

She shook her head, a devious smirk upon her face.

“Chantel?” I stuttered.

“Nope.”

Well this isn’t good.

“Oh fuck no.” I said trying to paw my way out the door. “I am not getting a haircut!”

“That’s right,” Chantel spoke, pushing me back in. “You’re getting a makeover.”

“Hell no!” I said trying again.

“Hell yes!” Mysti laughed. “Don’t take it the wrong way, either. You need this. No I am not saying you’re ugly, far from it. You always complain that you’re plain.”

I started to protest when she put up a finger.

“Okay, not always. But I’ve heard you say it before. We figured we’d help you a little. Not that you need it. But you never try anything different. You dress the same every day, and we thought that maybe this would be a nice change for you. Because we all know no matter how much you want things to change, you’re never going to do it yourself.”

I laughed a little bit, wondering why they paid attention to those details. And part of that was because I knew they were right.

They looked at me with hopeful eyes. “But I can’t let you guys pay for this!” I tried.

They all laughed and began to fight with me, “Yes we can!”

“Not even.” This was as professional a hairdresser’s as you could get. Surely a haircut here would cost a fortune.

“Yes! God woman! You act as though we’re broke!”

“But-”

“Nope.” Angel smiled. “You are not getting out of this one.”

I sighed. It was hopeless. “Fine. But you can’t let them cut it more than two inches.” My hair was down to my waist when it was wet, and it took me forever to get it this long. Though it’s obvious I was overdue for a haircut, I felt like I wanted it this length.

“Done!”

“Marco!” Angel skipped over to the boy I thought I met at her last birthday party. I wasn’t sure, but I thought he was her cousin, as there was some resemblance. I couldn’t remember exactly, but I knew they were related in some way.

“Yes?” He said sweeping up the last bits of hair around his place.

“This is the friend we talked to you about.”

He swept the debris into the trashcan in a swift motion, and before I knew what was happening, he was looking me over.

I half expected him to be gay, not to be judgmental or anything. Just that’s typically what I’d grown to expect. It was clear in the way he held himself that this wasn’t true. Then again, I’m in no position to make any assumptions when it comes to Angel and Mystique’s family.

He was tall, probably as tall as Stephen. I found myself avoiding his eyes, but as he came closer it was nearly impossible for me to. He had perfect blond hair, and though it was clearly well taken care of, it didn’t seem like it was to the point that was outrageous. Just enough to make it look good in the disheveled sort of way, but not completely perfect.

And his eyes. Oh my god. They were the most perfect shade of blue. Not bright like the sky in the middle of summer, but rather icy blue, like the color you see just above the horizon on a snowy day.

Lord, I had to do all I could to look away. Under his gaze it was nearly impossible. I found myself even more desperate to look at anything but him, somewhat fearful I would say something stupid.

He came closer, and took the tips of a piece of my hair between his fingers. Our close proximity made me blush.

Marco’s eyes flickered down to mine, “When was the last time you got a haircut?” There was an edge of teasing in his voice.

“Erm, about seven months ago.”

“I was gonna say, you’re looking kind of scraggly.” He chuckled, before Angel waved him over.

Chantel shot me a glance with raised eyebrows as I found myself watching him walk away. She broke into a smile, and mouthed to me, you think he’s cute don’t you?

I shook my head no, though she saw through it, laughing. I just gave her a look, that I knew she understood; don’t talk about it.

Mysti nudged her arm, silently asking to be filled in as Angel spoke to Marco.

We both shook our heads, and Mysti smiled to herself, knowing that we’d talk about it later.

Angel walked back over grabbing Chantel and her sister by the arms. “We’ll be back in about half an hour, Anabelle.”

“Okay…” And then it dawned on me. They’re leaving me alone with him. They know how bad I am at talking to people. It’s even worse that he’s so attractive looking! I’m bound to say something stupid.

Just when I thought this was going to be alright. Chantel and the rest of them walked out smugly, and stuck her tongue out when she saw my face frozen mid protest.

They laughed, and I felt myself growing more worried. Well, this is going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marco does indeed have a face.
I wanted to find picture of a boy with longer hair, but I'm pressed for time.
STILL THOUGH OH MY GOD IS HE NOT FUCKING BEAUTIFUL?
....Ahem. Yes indeed, that is Hunter Parrish.
I also wanted to update sooner, but school is killing me. Finals start Thursday, and I am scared shitless.
Comments? Thoughts? I know this filler, and pretty unrelated haha