Status: Contemplating re-writing this.

I Never Dreamt Because I'm Just Too Busy

I Wanna Say The Words That Turn You Red

Over the past few days Stephen and I had grown quite close, I suppose. As close as two strangers who sat next to each other could get in the hour of class allotted.

I'd learned he played bass for a band he was in, but could also play guitar. He told me he couldn't read sheet music, but if asked to he could listen to a song and tell you how to play it. Now, that genuinely impressed me. As well, he didn't like being gawked at, which I found slightly strange as he was in a band, after all.

We continued talking, and honestly, with each day I felt more comfortable around him than the last.

He was a really easy person to talk to. Though, I must admit, I'm not used to talking much. Even with my friends. I hardly ever talked that much, mostly because that's the way it had always been with me for the longest time. People generally ignored the comments I'd try to make so after a while I just stopped trying to give input. As well, people didn't really approach me, and I'm really not sure why.

But as a result of my social inadequacy, I'd stumbled over my words or admitted something stupid once or twice. The few times I did Stephen would just chuckle and smile, which led me to blush as well.

I guess I was spacing out really bad at the lunch table, because I felt three napkins pelt me in the forehead.

I blinked, "Huh?"

They all laughed at me.

"Do you know where Chantel is?" Echo asked me.

"Isn't she with her boyfriend?"

"She has a boyfriend?" Mysti made a face.

"Yeah. His name's Manny or something."

They all looked at each other.

"What's he look like?"

"Uh...He wears red a lot, has this little Mexican mustache thing going on..." I was about to continue my poor description when I spotted Chantel and him, "There they are."

Each of them turned to to look and I was met with unhappy faces when they looked back at me.

"What?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"He's such a...gangster," Luna offered.

I laughed a little. "Yeah, but if she's happy, why should it matter?"

"What if she gets hurt?" Mysti spoke up.

"Not just mentally, but physically," Angel added.

"He doesn't seem like an ass to me at all, despite how he looks."

"Well, yeah. But..." Echo persisted.

I zoned out a little after that seeing as they weren't going to listen to what I had to say. And they wonder why I don't talk more.

It's kind of like after having your thoughts be ignored you learn not to offer them anymore.

***


"Alright class. I want you to partner up and sketch each other. Each other's faces mainly, but obviously draw some shoulders and chest. I know, most of you are going to whine, 'I can't draw people!' and 'Are stick figures acceptable?"" and there it was, a chorus of groans, "But I don't care. Try to draw each other realistically, it doesn't matter if they look bad or not. i just want to see where your artistic abilities lie here." She left us alone once she passed out the paper.

Stephen turned to me, "Do you want to draw first, or should I?"

"Doesn't matter."

"I guess I will," He laughed.

***


I fidgeted for what seemed the millionth time, and it felt like my cheeks were permanently on fire.

Stephen laughed at me. "I bet your boyfriend thinks it's cute the way you blush all the time." he teased.

"I wouldn't know." I laughed.

"Why?"

"Because I don't have one."

"Oh well, in that case, I think you're adorable."

I raised an eyebrow, to which he grinned back innocently.

All was silent. "Don't kill me if it looks nothing like you."

I laughed, "Psh. I bet it's perfect."

He scrunched his nose. "Nah, not even close." He put a few more things on the page and looked up at me, "I think I'm done."

"Lemme see." I reached for the sketch pad.

He pulled it out of my reach, "Are you sure you want to see the horror that is my drawing?"

I laughed, "Positive."

He laughed himself and handed it over.

It really wasn't all that bad. He'd actually gotten the lips right in proportion to everything else, which was something I struggled with. I think it actually kind of looked like me, though definitely prettier.

Except the nose, at which I laughed because it was so deformed.

He frowned. "Don't laugh at my drawing!"

"I'm not!" I said still giggling to myself a little. "It's just this nose looks really bad."

"Well I know that," He laughed, "I can never get those right." Stephen pulled back the pad and erased it. He flipped the pencil around to draw, when he stopped. "Can you fix it? 'Cause if I try to again, I think I'm going to permanently fuck up this paper." Stephen laughed.

"Here," I said grabbing his hand in mine, helping him to draw the nose. I kind of explained how I do them, and I think he understood what I was saying. He nodded and smiled once it was fixed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bah. School's killing me, and I don't know how I'm going to make it.
I finally got a chance to write though.
Even if it is a crappy chapter haha