Status: ACTIVE AGAIN!!

The Misadventures of Padfoot and Prongs

That's My Best Friend's Boyfriend

For what seemed like the millionth time today, Sirius Black groaned in frustration. He was sitting between James and Lyra in the stands at the Quidditch pitch during the first game of the season: Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff.

Sirius loved Quidditch as much as the next wizard, but Lyra and James just wouldn't stop analyzing every moment of the game. They were yelling over the crowd in his ear because he was in between them and he couldn't even concentrate on the game because all he heard was them talking. He tried to ignore them and listened to the commentator.

"Ten points to Ravenclaw! The score is now 170 to 30, Ravenclaw! Okay, the Quaffle is back in play and Alison Carter, Hufflepuff Chaser, has the Quaffle. She ducks underneath Basil of Ravenclaw, squeezes between Hufflepuff Beaters, Samuels and Smith, and- OH and Christopher Johnson, the Ravenclaw Keeper blocks the Quaffle! Sorry Alison!"

"THAT-A-BOY, JOHNSON!" Lyra yelled, possibly louder than everyone else, to her house keeper. "TAKE THAT, HUFFLEPUFF!!"

"You know, if she didn't make that flashy move between her two beaters, Johnson would've never spotted her," spoke James as he leaned over Sirius. "He was paying a bit more attention to that girl in the crowd."

Lyra followed James' now outstretched finger to a pretty blonde Ravenclaw a few rows down. She smiled and shook her head before going back to the game.

"OH! Would you look at that! Baines, one of Ravenclaw's beaters, has managed to knock Jones, Hufflepuff Keeper, off his broom just in time for Casanova to score ten more points to Ravenclaw!"

The whole crowd went wild, but the entire population together didn't even begin to compare to James and Lyra's shouts of joy.

"THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!" Lyra shouted with pride, pointing to Octavian Baines.

"THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND'S BOYFRIEND," yelled James. This caused people to turn and look at Sirius questioningly.

Sirius groaned, "He means Lyra."

As everyone else turned back to the game, Lyra and James began assessing the game before them.

"Ooh, that looked painful," Lyra said, wincing as a Bludger hit one of the Hufflepuff players in the stomach.

James was too lost in thought to reply because he was taking this time to study each of the new players' strategies, strengths and weaknesses. On the Ravenclaw team, Basil, a slim fourth year, was a new Chaser and Johnson, a sixth year like James, was their new Keeper. Basil's lithe body allowed him to be fast and flexible, but he didn't seem to anticipate the moves of the other players the way a more experienced player would. James labeled him a possible weakness. Johnson was big, but he was also very fast, so he could block a goal fairly easily with his speed and large size. James knew he and his fellow chasers were fantastic, this year especially, so he had faith that they could score against him.

On the Hufflepuff team, there was one new Beater, Samuels. He had a strong arm and knew how to use it, but he was slow and bulky; clearly not built for speed or agility. As long as the Gryffindor beaters kept him at bay, he shouldn't be a problem.

Once his analysis was complete, James searched the sky for the Seekers. The Ravenclaw Seeker was circling the pitch, keeping an eye out for any sign of the Snitch while the Hufflepuff Seeker was floating still in midair, just watching the Ravenclaw Seeker. James made a side-note to have Abigail Gilmore, Gryffindor Seeker, fake out the Hufflepuff Seeker when they played them.

"Basil is in possession of the Quaffle, taking it up-field toward the Hufflepuff hoops, passes it to- Oh! The Quaffle is intercepted by Carter, she passes it to Levitt, also of Hufflepuff, but look! Intercepted again by Basil! He sure redeemed himself there! He's taking it back toward the Hufflepuff end and HE SCORES! Ten more points to Ravelclaw!"

The blue and bronze-clad students cheered loudly once more as their team scored. Victory seemed well within their sights.

Just then, the Ravenclaw Seeker zoomed through the air toward what one could only assume was the Golden Snitch. The Hufflepuff Seeker wasn't far behind as the two of them raced forward, bumping shoulders in their haste to reach the tiny gold ball before the other.
Everything happened so fast. In a split second, the fate of the game was decided. Smith drew back his bat and threw all of his weight behind it so it collided with a Bludger. The brutal sphere slammed into the Ravenclaw Seeker, knocking him off his broom, leaving the Hufflepuff Seeker to claim the Snitch. Only, just before he wrapped his fingers around the miniscule ball, Jones failed to block the Quaffle when Casanova launched it at the tallest Hufflepuff hoop. The score became 190, Ravenclaw, to 30 Hufflepuff, and not even the 150 points from the Snitch could place Hufflepuff in the lead.

"RAVENCLAW WINS!"

The crowd was stunned for a second, as everyone sat with mouths open. Then, students of Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and even Slytherin stood up in an uproar, cheering for the bronze and blue.

"MERLIN'S BEARD, DID YOU SEE THAT JAMES!?" Lyra shouted, jumping up and down with the hazel-eyed boy.

"HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE THAT!?" James replied. "Amazing! Ravenclaw wins, but Arnolds gets the Snitch!? Who could've seen that coming?"

They glanced at Sirius who was calming down.

"What?" the grey-eyed boy said, smiling.

"DID YOU SEE THAT!?" James and Lyra yelled at him, both pointing to the Quidditch pitch.

Sirius just laughed and nodded, saying, "It was absolutely brilliant!"

"Brilliant can't even describe what has just occurred!" Lyra says, jumping up and hugging James. "Oh! I have to go meet up with Octavian! I'll see you both at dinner tonight!"

The boys said their goodbyes and turned around and followed Remus and Peter out as well to the Gryffindor common room.

Talk of the Quidditch match was still heard throughout the whole of Hogwarts, which was unfortunate for James and Sirius as they had a box full of Zonko's merchandise and half a plan for their favorite caretaker, Argus Filch. So, begrudgingly, the pair and Peter decided to take to the chilly courtyard for some much need quiet to plan out their next attack.

"I say we set them off on the fifth floor, close to the Ravenclaw common room," said James, the Marauders map spread out in front of him, "When Filch decides to run up these stairs toward the noise, we'll set off the Filibusters here. Now, when I give the signal, Peter, conjure up ropes to bind him. Once he is binded, I say we do to him what he's been threatening to do to us for the past six years. Well, a version of it at least."

"Which is?" Peter asked curiously.

Sirius smirked, "We're gonna hang him up on that gargoyle outside the entrance."

"But we have to do it tonight, so he can be there in the morning," James spoke. "And we have to stay out of sight. So as soon as Filch is tied up, stay in the shadows, and meet me here-" the Gryffindor pointed to the map again. "-and I'll throw the cloak over us."

"I think we should knock him out," said Sirius, "If he's awake, he might scream, and if he doesn't see us, he might freak out. But if he's unconscious, it will work well to our favor."

Peter gave Sirius a quizzical look, and asked, "How are we gonna knock him out?"

Sirius and James face-palmed themselves, "Okay, James, I think you need to knock Filch out."

James just nodded and patted Peter on the shoulder.

"Ready to go back? I think Remus may be sick of just reading by now," said Sirius, gesturing to the door.

"Yeah, mate," James spoke, standing up. "I think I am gonna try and talk to Lily again."

Sirius and James made their way through the entrance of Hogwarts, followed by a slightly stumbling Peter.

"Just remember what we talked about," Sirius began as they ascended the steps towards the common room. "Be yourself, the guy you are around us, and do not flaunt. Evans doesn't seem to like the whole arrogant thing."

James jokingly shoved Sirius, who returned it immediately as they continued their way up the staircase, missing the vanishing step, and having to take a slight detour due to the moving staircase. Eventually they found their way to the front of the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Password?" she asked the trio.

"Gillyweed," answered James and the portrait swung open. The common room had a fair few people within its walls, giving it a homey feel. The sounds of the students' voices culminated together to create a soft hum flowing through the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Comments are much appreciated! Quidditch is really hard to write!