Status: ACTIVE AGAIN!!

The Misadventures of Padfoot and Prongs

Well, Lets Just Say I 'Borrowed' It

"Okay, Lyra, you stand over there and tap your wand on that Fillibuster," Sirius instructed, pointing to a firework positioned on top a pillar. "I'll set off one over here, and Peter, you get that one over there."

"Alright," said Lyra. "Then where are we gonna hide?"

Sirius smirked, "We're gonna run down the hall, duck behind that row of statues and wait for him to pass by us."

"But-" Peter looked frightened up to Sirius, "But what if he catches us?!"

"He won't," replied Sirius, "To make sure we aren't heard, I'll cast Muffliato so he won't be able to figure out where any sound is coming from."

"Okay, so when do we know when to start?" Lyra asked.

"When James gives us the signal," said Sirius, holding up his small two-way mirror. He took it back from Lyra a few moments prior so they could use it to communicate with James. Just as he lowered the mirror to his side, a voice could be heard.

"Oi! Sirius, you there?" said the miniature James in the mirror. Sirius raised it to his face, nodding.

"Yeah, we're here and we're all good to go."

"Filch just made a cup of tea in his office, so now would be the perfect time. Do your worst!" said James..

"With pleasure," Sirius smirked, turning to his friends. "You heard James, let's set them off!"

And all at once, the three groups of Fillibusters exploded, sending sparks of all colors zooming about the castle, loud bangs echoing off the stone walls. As quickly as they could, the trio ran and hid behind the statues Sirius had indicated to and Sirius cast the spell.

It wasn't long before Filch was running full speed past them, his chest heaving. He didn't even notice they were there, and once he had rounded a corner in search of the culprits, they made a run for it down another hallway, far away from where Filch would ever find them.

As Lyra rounded the next corner and took a few steps past an open door, invisible arms wrapped around her and pulled her in. She gave a scream, but Sirius quickly placed his hand over her mouth and Peter shut the door.

"James, were you successful?" Lyra moved from the invisible grasp as Sirius spoke to air.

"Wait... James?" the young Ravenclaw reached her hand up to the open air that was now in front of her. Shockingly, however, thin, smooth, almost watery fabric met her finger tips. Lyra moved her hand back in an instance, not believing what she was actually feeling, let alone that she was feeling anything where nothing should be.

Then it struck her, and she spoke in a harsh whisper, "James Potter, where the hell did you get-" she reached her hand up to the fabric air, and pulled it down to see the young Gryffindor's grinning face, "-an Invisibility Cloak?"

"My dad..." James paused a second, "Well, lets just say I 'borrowed' it."

"And what if your parents need it?" said Lyra as she placed her enclosed fist on her hips. "Have you ever thought of that?"

James shook his head, "They haven't searched or asked me for it. If they need it, I can guarantee you I would be the first they would ask. It's a bit dark. Lumos."

"Now you know part of our secret," Sirius said, interrupting the conversation. "And might as well find out about another. James, hand me it."

James unwrapped the cloak from around him, drapping it over his arm, and pulled out a blank, folded parchment. "Watch this, Lyra," Sirius said as he pulled out his wand and tapped the parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Lyra stared down in shock as ink swirled into words and designs. "It's a map!"

"Of all of Hogwarts and where everyone is at the present moment," said James. "We call it the Marauder's Map."

"Marauder's Map?" Lyra looked at the pair for a second, faintly noticing Peter sitting on the floor in the corner out of breath. "Are you telling me that you created this?"

"The four of us, yes," James smiled at her and then began studying the map. She look down and was shocked to see little dots moving around. Each dot had a label and upon closer inspection, she noticed it was a name. Before she could question it, James pointed to a little dot moving toward an office a few doors down from them labeled Argus Filch.

"Alright, he's in," said Sirius, literally pointing out the obvious as he said so. "I say we give it about five minutes before we head over there, mates."

"What about Mrs. Norris," Peter's worried voice finally spoke up.

"We could take her to the top of the Astronomy Tower and throw her off," suggested James.

Lyra gave him a light shove, "As much as I can't stand her, I'm positive that is still animal abuse."

"I'm sure there is nothing she can do with Filch knocked out," spoke Sirius. The four of them watched as the little Filch dot walked around the office, before settling at a single spot. Waiting for about five more minutes for the dot to move, they decided it was time to work.

The four of them headed off toward Filch's office, dodging any teachers or students along the way. When they reached the door, James opened it a crack and peered inside, checking for confirmation that Filch was out cold. Luckily, he was. They slipped inside the office and Sirius produced a small vial from his pocket. Uncorking it, he held it over Filch's open mouth and made sure all of the orange liquid disappeared down his throat.

"Okay, now that the Forgetfulness has been administered, let's lift him up," said James. Instead of using manual labor, Sirius reached for his wand. With a single flick, Sirius cast Levicorpus and Filch's body lifted into the air by his ankle. James draped the cloak over Filch so he wouldn't be seen and the four of them left Filch's office at once.

They brought Filch down the stairs to the Great Hall and quickly took the cloak off of him. Peter studied the map, making sure no teachers were approaching as the rest got to work.

"Incarcerous." Live ropes came forth from the tips of their wands and wrapped around Filch's body. Controlling the ropes, they turned him upside down and tied him to the arch above the entrance to the Great Hall. He hung there, slightly snoring, and the four of them did a semi-successful group high-five.

They decided to split up so they looked less conspicuous; James and Peter heading toward the Gryffindor common room while Lyra and Sirius headed toward the courtyard so they could sit there for about five minutes before heading to their respective common rooms.

Sirius and Lyra headed down the hall and made a right, out of the main building and into the courtyard. Many marble statues and a large fountain were the centerpieces to the open space, creating a picturesque view. Golden orange and red leaves littered the ground, finally giving the appearance of true Autumn. A chill swept past them, causing Sirius to bring his robes tighter around himself. To pass the time, they sat at the edge of the fountain, waiting for it to be safe to head back.

"Thanks for your help, by the way," Sirius spoke up.

"It was nothing," Lyra dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "You know I'm always happy to help."

Sirius bit his lip and nodded, "Well, thank you anyways." The grey-eyed boy rubbed his arms in an effort to ignite some form of heat, now questioning what possessed them to decide to come outside to wait. "Has everything been going well for you?"

"I'm not quite sure. I thought things were going well for me and I knew what I wanted, but now I'm confused."

"Mind enlightening me?" Sirius asked, bumping his shoulder against her own. "Maybe I can help?"

"It's complicated. It's like... it's like when you're eating your favorite flavor of ice cream and you're really enjoying it, but then someone introduces you to a new flavor. You're a little worried about trying it because it's so new, but once you get a taste, it's so good and you really want more. Then when faced with the decision of which one you want the most, it's really difficult to pick one over the other."

"We're not talking about ice cream flavors, are we?" Sirius asked, raising an eyebrow. Lyra looked down and subconciously rubbed her arms; whether she did so for warmth or out of nerves, Sirius didn't know, but he wrapped his arms around her just in case it was the former.

Lyra leaned into him and closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth he brought her. This might just lead to confusing her further, but at the moment she couldn't be bothered to care. "No. No, we're not."

"Mind explaining to me what exactly you mean?" Sirius' voice was near a whisper, as he laid his head on top hers and one of his hand absentmindedly rubbed her shoulder.

Sighing, Lyra looked up at Sirius. "There's really no way of getting out of this, is there?"

The Gryffindor gave her a half-cocked grin, "Well, even if you don't tell me now, I'll weasel it out of you eventually."

"Fair point," she said, looking down at her hands which were clasped together in her lap. "When I met you, I thought you'd be an entertaining addition to my life. You always seem to make things interesting. I may have flirted with you a while back, but I never really thought anything of it, or thought it could ever be more than friendly exchanges. But now I'm not so sure."

"That is quite a dilemma," said Sirius, pulling a bit away. "Maybe this may help clear things up-"

"And just what do you two think you're doing?"

The two students perched on the fountain snapped their heads up to look in the direction of the all too familiar voice. The voice of Professor McGonagall.

"Oh, um, we were just, um," Sirius let go of Lyra and didn't know what to say, his ramblings only making the situation more awkward.

"Nevermind that, I really don't have time to hear it. Come with me, both of you," said McGonagall, turning sharply on her heel and briskly walking back inside of the building.

Lyra and Sirius shared a nervous glance. Had she discovered Filch? Had the potions not worked properly, and he woke up and remembered everything? Did she know it was them who did it?

Sirius was tense as they walked to McGonagall's office. The trip seemed to last an eternity, and at some point Lyra had grabbed a hold of Sirius' hand.

Once they reached the door, the Deputy Headmistress let them in and sat them both down. She walked around her desk and sat down in her chair, looking through some papers scattered across the desk's surface.

"This, Miss Sumner, is your most recent Transfiguration exam," the strict woman said, handing her a piece parchment.

Lyra took it and glanced down. She had nearly failed it. "Oh," she said.

"Oh? That's all you have to say? You're a bright young witch, I expect better from you," she looked disappointed. "Can you tell me why your grades slipped this dramatically?"

"I suppose I've been distracted lately," said Lyra, thinking of the best excuse one could use in such a situation.

"Well, you had better improve your study skills, lest you fail another exam," she rounded on Sirius now. "And you, Mr. Black, I would like it if you would stop distracting her until she pulls her grade up."

"Professor, it's not-" McGonagall interrupted him.

"I don't want to hear any excuses," she said, glowering. "Just because you are one of my top students, doesn't mean you can go around on your free time and stop another student from studying just because you want to snog!" both Lyra and Sirius blushed ferociously and nervously chuckled. McGonagall continued, "In fact, I am now assigning you as Miss Sumner's tutor, Mr. Black. Since you have such a need to be around her, the least you can do is make sure she is passing. Am I understood?"

"Yes ma'am," they both mumbled.

"Then you may go," said the Professor. "And no dilly-dallying! I want both of you to go straight to your common rooms."

The pair nodded and began walking together up to the staircase in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello All!

So, only four people commented, but we felt you guys deserved another chapter. To encourage commenting though, we've decided to bribe you. If you comment, one of us will comment on a story of yours, whichever you choose. :)

xoxoTrisha