Status: ACTIVE AGAIN!!

The Misadventures of Padfoot and Prongs

Potter and Black Have Gone Insane

The Holidays had come and gone and once again the Marauders found themselves back in school.

Today was their first Astronomy lesson of the new year and Lily had taken it upon herself to partner up with Lyra, who wanted to stay as far away from her now ex-boyfriend. Remus, who was Lily's partner originally, started working with another Gyrffindor, and James and Sirius-who decided to have another wager on who can stay up the longest- were trying their damnedest not to fall asleep.

This, of course, was especially hard in History of Magic with Professor Binns.

"Why don't the both of you just call it a draw and get some sleep," said Lyra as she watched James catch his yawn and cough to cover it up. "How long has it been, anyways?"

"About," Sirius looked at his watch. "45 hours. And we will not call it a draw, because I'm gonna win this one."

"Unlikely, mate. I'm not even tired," but James clearing his throat to cover other yawn that would tell everyone otherwise.

"What happens when one of you wins?" asked Lily, who was slightly entertained by their new wager.

Sirius started to yawned, caught it and cleared his throat, then said, "Five galleons."

"That's it? No embarrassing moments?"

"Nope," Sirius popped the 'p' as he spoke. "Why? Wanna see James kiss McGonagall? Cause we can change the wager a bit.."

"You will do no such thing!" said Lily, looking pointedly at the two.

James stared at Lily for a second, a confused and semi-worried look upon his handsome face.

"Lily, have you always had that tiny dragon sitting on your shoulder?" he asked pointing to an imaginary dragon on her right side.

"She doesn't have a dragon, mate," Sirius said, shaking his head slightly. He looked at Lily to say sorry, but something else caught his eye. "What is with all these fireflies?" he said and started swatting the air in front of him.

"Oh dear," said Lyra, looking at them with concern. "Do you think we should take them to the Hospital Wing?" she turned to Lily.

"I don't know.. It'd probably be best.." said Lily.

"No! You will do no such thing, woman!" shouted Sirius, who received quite a bit of questioning looks from his classmates.

"Professor?" asked Lyra, hoping to get her attention so they could bring the boys down to get some sleep.

"No, please," said Sirius, "I need to win this."

"No, you need to go to bed," said Lily as she reached for James who was hanging off the balcony with his arms spread. "And before James decides that he can fly, or you fall off from savagely trying to swat away fireflies that aren't really there. Professor Snatch?"

"Yes, Miss Evans?"

"Potter and Black have gone insane, do you mind if Lyra and I take them to the hospital wing?" Professor Snatch looked to the two crazed boys, and nodded slowly. The girls smiled and each grabbed a boy.

"No, we're fine," said James as he wriggled out of Lily's grasp. "See! I can stand on my own! Look, one foot!" Unfortunately the hazel eyed boy wasn't very coordinated and ended up toppling over onto his side. "I'm fine! I'm fine!"

"Professor, do you mind if I accompany them as well?" said Remus as he tried to hide a smile. "I think the girls are going to need a little help."

The professor waved her hand and the group grabbed their bags. Remus decided to stand in the middle of James and Sirius, grabbing an arm from each, while the girls flanked their sides, carrying the boys bags as well as their own.

With a bit of trouble, the quintet finally made it to the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey was attending to a newly admitted first year when they opened the doors, so they took it upon themselves to get the boys to bed.

"I've got Sirius, you two handle James," said Lyra, looking at James, who was hardly standing upright without someone's help. He kept swaying back and forth, almost falling on his face a few times. "Come on," she said and grabbed Sirius' arm. She pulled him over to the bed, but he refused to sit down.

"I won't lose this bet! You can't make me!" he huffed childishly and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh, come off it. You need sleep! Now get in the damn bed!" she pushed him backward, causing him to fall onto the mattress, legs hanging off the side.

"Well, if I had known you wanted to get me in bed that badly, I'd have.." Sirius never finished his sentence, as he passed out shortly after lying down. Lyra turned him around so he was sleeping like a normal person and brought the blanket up to his neck. When she had finished, she looked over to where James was now sleeping soundly as well. It looked like they would never know who won the wager.

"Oh no!" Lyra said, suddenly. "Sirius was supposed to tutor me tonight!"

"What subject?" asked Lily as she took James' glasses off and placed them on the bedside table.

"Transfiguration!"

"I can help you."

"Really? Oh Lily, thank you!" Lyra hugged the other girl before grabbing her by the hand and pulling her to the door. "Remus, we're going to the empty classroom. You wanna come?"

"No," said Remus. "I think I am just going to get to bed early tonight. These two kept waking me up last night."

The girls bid farewell to their friend and Lyra lead Lily to the empty classroom her and Sirius had started using.

However, ten minutes into the lesson the girls found themselves talking and giggling, the transfiguration book lay untouched.

"Honestly, what compels them to make a stupid bet on who could stay up the longest?" Lily shook her head. "At least it isn't as bad as the time Professor McGonagall and I caught them in their knickers outside in the snow."

"How did that happen?!" Lyra exclaimed, throwing her head back in a fit of giggles.

"Apparently they had a bet on who could stand the cold the longest," Lily giggled at the image. "You should've seen the pair of them!"

Lyra shook her head and snorted, "I really shouldn't be surprised," suddenly, she looked slyly at Lily, "Hey, Lily, what did you think of a nearly naked James?"

Lily blushed, "Well.. ah..." The redhead bit her lip and shook her head as if to say she wouldn't talk about it. Yet the smile on her face betrayed her feelings a bit.

"You totally liked it!" shouted Lyra, giddy with her new friend's unneeded confession.

"Well, he may be an irritating git, but Quidditch really did wonders for his form," Lily giggled after she spoke.

"So, answer me straight, do you like James?" Lyra asked, leaning forward, "It seems like you do, but that could just be James exaggerating things."

Lily bit her lip, trying to think of the right words, "I... well, I love the way he stands up for his friends and others, but he still bullies the Slytherins. And he is so endearing sometimes, I could see myself falling for him, but then he goes and does something outlandish. During which, he seems to think that whatever it is that he is doing, is enough reason for me to agree to date him. It's quite infuriating."

"Maybe you should talk to him about it. He's clearly crazy about you, so why not see if you can get him to maybe tone down the stupidity and be himself. You can't dance around the issue forever, you've got to act. You should just tell him how you feel and let things work themselves out."

"I guess I should," said Lily, though the thought of giving James any inclination that she may like him wasn't one she was too keen on. "But what about you? I see how close you and Sirius have become."

"You've noticed that, have you?" Lyra looked down for a second and then met Lily's eyes. "I don't know what's going on between us. I think I need to wait a while to get Octavian out of my head before I can really do something about it."

"Have you told him that you still need to get over Octavian?"

"Not really," she sighed, "I haven't really found the time to talk to him privately about it."

"Maybe you should take your own advice," Lily smiled, "Although I have no idea why we would, can you imagine the hell we would have to go through as their girlfriends?"

"Oh no," said Lyra, "I hadn't thought about that!"

"I think they will be the death of me, honestly," said Lily about James and Sirius. "All these wagers and pranks. I have no idea what to do with them half the time."

"Most of it is all in good fun, I think, but sometimes.." said Lyra, "they take it a bit too far. Like when they landed themselves in the Hospital Wing. Nearly frightened me to death when I heard.."

"What, Lyra?" Lily asked, concern flooded her voice.

"You remember when they were in the Hospital Wing last month, don't you?"

"Yeah..."

"Sirius almost died. If they hadn't gotten him to Madam Pomfrey in time.."

Lily looked warily at Lyra, "Do... do you know what exactly happened?"

"Well, they told me they went into the Forbidden Forest and I assume they were attacked by something while they were out there. They wouldn't give me any details."

"I-I am sure it's nothing," said Lily.

"And then Remus was there in the Hospital Wing too, but he said he hadn't been with Sirius when he was attacked. Isn't that a bit odd? He had scratches on his face."

Lily sighed in relief when she heard that Remus wasn't present during Sirius' attack. "I'm sure it was nothing. Remus... well, you don't need to worry about him too much."

"I guess not.. he said something about having night terrors.."

"Yes, he gets those a lot," said Lily. But then a thought occured to her, "Why were James and Sirius in the Forbidden Forest?"

"Hell if I know," said Lyra, "Probably just being stupid."

"You're probably right," said Lily, picking up the book. "Shall we get to studying, then?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one! We hope you enjoyed it :)

Don't forget to comment!

xoxoTrisha