Status: ACTIVE AGAIN!!

The Misadventures of Padfoot and Prongs

It Looks Like We Scared Them Off

James and Lily didn't talk to each other for months, much to Lyra's dismay. For the first couple of weeks, the poor girl had to deal with each friend bashing the other. Of course, she finally stopped the constant name calling and complaining with a few loud choice words.
 
Now the pair barely spoke of each other, and the select times they did, you would think the other was Lord Voldemort himself with the way they avoided saying their name.
 
Other than the soap opera that was James and Lily, another year at Hogwarts was drawing to a close, and Lyra and her boys were living it up every chance they got. However, since exams were right around the corner, the Marauder's and their Ravenclaw prodigy had holed themselves up in the Room of Requirement for some much needed study time.
 
Upon four bean bags, the group sat in a circle with Lyra sitting in between Sirius' legs; her head rested against his chest as she read over her notes and his hand stroked her hair affectionately as he too read through his own class jottings.
 
"Sirius," the young Ravenclaw spoke up while she nudged her boyfriend gently. "Can you tell me what this says?"
 
Sirius looked up from his potions notes and raised his eyebrow. "You can't read what you wrote?"
 
Lyra gave him a sheepish smile and James grabbed the paper. He comically pulled his glasses to the tip of his nose and raised his head and looked down upon it, as an old professor would do. 
 
"Uh-huh, ah! Yes, yes," James said in mock wonderment. "Yes I totally agree!" he pushed his glasses back up and continued, "It says 'Sirius Black is the Great Sod of Hogwarts.' I quite agree!"
 
Lyra snatched her paper back and exclaimed, "It does not, you git!" She studied it a bit for a second. "Oh! It's just a pronounciation for this spell here. I completely forgot about it! Ah, not important."
 
"Speaking of things that aren't important right now," said James as he threw his class notes on the floor in front of him, "what are everyone's summer plans?" Sirius followed suit, abandoning his notes on the carpet and drawing his arms around Lyra's waist. 
 
"I might be going to Paris for two weeks," said Remus.
 
"Really?" asked Lyra, "I'm so jealous! What's the occasion?"
 
"Well, my mum and dad have been wanting to go for years now, and they've finally saved enough money. It's still up in the air though."
 
"Well, I hope you get to go so you can tell me all about it," said Lyra. "What about you, Peter?"
 
"Oh, um, I'm going to visit my gran for most of the summer. She's a bit ill, so my parents are forcing me."
 
"When do you leave?" asked James.
 
"I think a week and a half after school lets out. I come back on the Tuesday before next semester."
 
"That's rough, mate," said Sirius, "We'll save a butterbeer for you."
 
"Thanks, mate." Peter appreciated the gesture.
 
"So Sirius," James began, "are you coming back to stay with me?"
 
"Only until I find a new flat," said Sirius.
 
"You're looking for a new flat?" asked Lyra, turning her head to look at him. "You didn't tell me you were looking for a new flat."
 
"I haven't thought too much about it," he responded. "And I only initially came up with the idea a few days ago. I think I may need your help with furniture and decoration."
 
Lyra gave him a smile and said, "Of course! The flat will be needing a woman's touch!"
 
 James then spoke up, "When you finally find one, I'll be spending my summer there!"
 
"Fine by me, as long as you don't mind tolerating Lyra and I spending some time alone together behind closed doors," Sirius winked at James and James made a strange face. Lyra's face turned an appealing shade of pink.
 
"Oh gross," he said, "I have no desire to hear you two shagging down the hall."
 
"Oh well," said Sirius, not looking at all disappointed, "Looks like you and I will have it all to ourselves then." Sirius pulled Lyra closer suggestively and her face went from pink to an interesting shade of red. 
 
"Sirius!" she scolded, shaking her head at him. "What makes you think I'll be shagging you anyway?"
 
"Well, someone has to help me christen the place."
 
"What about James?" asked Lyra, "I'm sure he'd be more than willing."
 
James placed his hand on Sirius' knee. "I think it's time they knew about us," he said, before busting into laughter, the rest of the group joining in. Sirius swatted his hand away.
 
"I'm sorry, mate, but Lyra is the only one I'll be having in my bed," with a sly smile he continued, "or on my sofa, kitchen table-"
 
"Sirius!" Lyra's cheeks once again flamed with heat, and Sirius laughed, kissing the side of her head. He moved his lips to her ear and lightly kissed the skin below it.
 
"What?" he asked in a sensual voice no louder than a whisper, "It is true after all. You're the only one I want warming my bed."
 
Lyra felt her heart beat embarrassigly faster as she tried to ignore what he was saying and how he had started to nuzzle her neck. He seemed to have forgotten that they were surrounded by their friends, and Lyra was beginning not to care. Finally she turned her body toward him and pressed her lips to his, her arms around his neck. 
 
"Okay..." said James with a dose of awkwardness in his voice, "I think we should leave them alone now. Let's go plan something truly spectacular to make the heartless redhead and Filch angry." The boys followed him on his way out, leaving the oblivious couple alone. 
 
Sirius pouted when Lyra pulled away as the heavy door slammed shut behind their friends. She looked around the room and saw that the other boys had left, their textbooks and notes still strewn across the floor. 
 
"It looks like we scared them off," said Lyra.
 
Sirius chuckled and kissed her lips gently, "Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm sure whatever they plan will be foiled without me there."
 
"Actually.. it does. James has had quite the vendetta against Lily, which is making him careless in his planning. I can't believe it's been months since they've spoken," she said, "How long do you think they'll keep it up?"
 
"Knowing James, he's only doing this to get her to talk to him," he replied. "He still pines over her, but Lily yelling at him that last time was... what do Muggles say? The straw that broke the camel's back. So his stubborn side is waiting until she apologizes first."
 
"I don't think she's going to. She's still pretty furious about the whole thing," said Lyra, biting her lip, "Sirius.. do you think you'd be able to talk to him about it? Try to get him to get off his high horse and just deal with it like an adult?"
 
"Why don't you go talk to Evans and try to get her to apologize to James?" Sirius said a bit harshly. Lyra straightened up and leaned away from him slightly, taken aback by his tone.
 
"Why does Lily need to be the one to apologize? Yes, she may have started their argument, but everything would've been fine if James hadn't tried to throw a potion at her former best friend."
 
"It wasn't like it was anything that would've harmed him!" Sirius stood up and started pacing, "You wouldn't know it, but James has been in love with Lily for a couple years now. And no matter what he does, how much good and kind things he does for her, she is always on his arse about something! Besides, when he does do something that pisses her off, no matter what what she says to him or how horrible what she says is, James will always apologize!"
 
"Well, it's not like James is a saint either, Sirius!" Lyra got off of the floor and moved closer to her angry boyfriend, following him as he paced. "He's loud, obnoxious, cocky, full of himself, is always getting into stupid and humiliating bets, he almost got you killed, and he's always chasing trouble!"
 
"Bloody hell, Lyra! You might as well be talking about me!"
 
"That's because you are just as thoughtless as he is!" screamed Lyra, throwing her hands into the air in frustration. Sirius' angered face mellowed down into one of worry and sorrow. The young Gryffindor sighed and slumped back down on a bean bag.
 
"Do you really think that little of me?" he asked meekly.
 
Lyra looked at Sirius and instantly wanted to take back everything she had said. For the first time, she saw how much her opinion mattered to him, and she could tell by the look on his face and the change in his voice that she had truly hurt him. She sighed and felt the anger start to leave her body. 
 
"Sirius," she said softly, walking toward him and dropping to her knees before him, too unsure about what his reaction would be if she were to climb into his lap like she usually did. Sirius tried not to look at her, but failed when she spoke again. "Darling, you may act that way a lot of the time, but there's so much more to you than that," she reached for his hand that was on his thigh and he didn't pull away when their skin touched. Taking this as a good sign, Lyra held his hand in her two and brought it closer to her face. She kissed his palm and he make complete eye contact. She continued, "Sirius, you are one of the most brave, loyal, handsome, loving men I have ever met. Sometimes you think with your heart and not with your head, but that doesn't make you at all foolish. When I'm with you, I feel so loved and protected and I can't imagine ever having not known you."
 
Sirius pulled the Ravenclaw onto his lap. He wrapped strong arms around her frame and nuzzled his face into her hair. Pulling away, he gave her lips a short, but sweet kiss that still spoke volumes of love. That moment as Sirius held Lyra close to him, his lips pressed to her's, he knew no other would ever capture his heart.
 
As they parted, Sirius spoke the three words to Lyra that he never imagined speaking to anyone in his life.
 
"I love you, Lyra Sumner."
 
Lyra moved some of the hair that had fallen into Sirius' eyes and said, with a smile on her face, "I love you too, Sirius Black," he grinned at her and ran his fingers through her hair, playing with the strands, "and don't ever forget it."
 
Sirius smiled and said, "Maybe instead of fighting over who should apologize first, we should both convince James and Lily to do so and then we can be a harmonious little family again."
 
"I like the way you think," Lyra said before pulling Sirius closer and resting her head on his shoulder.
 
♠ ♠ ♠
We are sooooo sorry it's been a month since we updated! Updates will be coming much more regularly from now on, we swear.

Comment please!