Status: ACTIVE AGAIN!!

The Misadventures of Padfoot and Prongs

Epilogue

"Well, that's it for our shift," Remus said to Lily as they left the compartment holding the Hufflepuff prefects and their friends. "Would you like to sit with us?"
 
Lily smiled and nodded. She was glad Remus held no hard feelings towards her about what had occurred a couple nights ago. In fact, he was more upset that Lily and Lyra had seen him so monstrous. Of course, this caused both of the girls to tackle him back on the bed in hugs.
 
"When you get past the snarling and snapping, you are actually quite adorable," Lily had said, much to everyone's amusement.
 
The redhead snapped back to reality when Remus gently pushed her forward into a compartment. She smiled when she saw Lyra and the rest of the Marauders. 
 
"Lily! Finally," James said as he patted the free seat next to him. "I need your opinion on something."
 
He pulled out a broom catalogue and began flipping through the pages. Lily leaned forward so she could see the pictures of the different models James was showing her. 
 
On the other end of the compartment sat Lyra, Sirius and Remus. The Ravenclaw was leaning into her boyfriend's side, enjoying the few hours she had left with him before leaving for her own house. 
 
"When are you going to come help me look for furniture?" asked Sirius, looking down at Lyra. 
 
"When you find a flat and I can have a look around to see what would look best," said the Ravenclaw.
 
"I think we'll buy a bed first. I'll definitely need your help in picking that particular item out," Sirius gave a cheeky grin.
 
"Oh, really?" asked Lyra, playing dumb, "And why would that be?"
 
"Well, you'll be getting almost as much use out of it as I will. After we christen the rest of the flat, of course."
 
"Christen the flat?" asked Lily, a confused look on her face. "What does that mean?"
 
"Well, you see Lily," said Sirius, sporting an impossibly pleased smile, "when someone buys a new house, they're supposed to christen it with their significant other by having sex in every room and on every flat enough surface in the house," Lily blushed, and Sirius continued, "You start in the bedroom, and then move to the living room, on couches, coffee tables, anything really-"
 
Both Lily's and Lyra's face had flushed to a bright red, while the three other boys sat laughing at the pair. Lily had nudged James in the side with her elbow saying something along the lines of Sirius being absolutely perverted.
 
So with a stroke of genius, James rolled up his catalogue and smacked Sirius lightly on the nose, yelling, "No! Bad Padfoot! Don't make me get the squirt bottle!"
 
"Oi, mate!" Sirius said as he rubbed his nose for a moment. He shot James a glare and continued with a dazzling smirk directed at Lily, "As I was saying, the kitchen table is next, followed by the bathroom floor and shower - I honestly can't wait for that one, Lyra,  it'll be really fun -" As Sirius was finishing his lecture on  'Flat Christening', Remus had  produced a squirt bottle from his trunk  and with a quick spell, filled  it with water. He passed it to James, who let Sirius get to his last word, "and then up against the wall in the hallway, before ending back up in the bed-OI!"
 
James squirted him, accompanying his actions with: "Down, Sirius! Bad dog!"
 
The entire compartment erupted in laughter, including the victim himself. Sirius had to admit, James was being particularly clever.
 
Finally the group of friends quieted down and sat trying to catch their breaths. James (who Peter had squished to the side during his hysterics) took this opportunity to wrap an arm around Lily's waist. 
 
The redhead stiffened for a second, but instead of wiggling away, she asked, "James? Can I borrow the water bottle for a moment?" Seeing nothing odd about the request, James complied. "Thank you."
 
Unfortunately, the messy-haired boy made a grave mistake, he realized, as Lily lifted the bottle to his face and, before he could reach up to grab her arms, began firing.
 
"Lily, st-" James spit the water out of his mouth and flailed his arms around in an attempt to stop her. His fingers brushed her arm, but his near success caused the girl to squeal and jump out of the seat and into Remus' lap. Remus, who was laughing whole-heartedly, held on tight to Lily, allowing James to finally seize control of the situation and make another attempt at grabbing the water bottle.
 
However, Lyra captured it before him and sprayed him a couple times before passing the now near empty bottle to Sirius, who squirted the last bit right between James' eyes.
 
The rest of the train ride was quiet in comparison, while they all broke into separate conversations, sometimes jumping from one to another. Before they knew it, the Hogwarts Express pulled into the station. One by one, the students hopped off the train, running to their families, reveling in the freedom summer would bring them. 
 
As they heaved their trunks further onto the platform, they all said goodbye to each other. Remus and Peter each saw their parents waiting for them, so they left first. 
 
"Sirius," said Lyra, tugging on his shirt to get his attention.
 
"Yes, love?" Sirius smiled down at her. He briefly wondered what it would be like not seeing her everyday. His thoughts were interrupted by Lyra jumping up and throwing her arms around his neck. He caught her and held her close, her feet just above the ground.
 
"I'm going to miss you," she said, kissing him lightly.
 
"You'll see me soon enough, I promise you. You'll see me so often you won't ever want to look at me again."
 
"I doubt that I would ever get sick of seeing you, Sirius," Lyra smiled. Just then she heard her name being called over the conversing people surrounding them. "I've got to go," she pouted, "I love you, and I'll talk to you soon."
 
"I love you too," said Sirius. With one last peck on the lips, Lyra began to disappear among the crowd of witches and wizards. "Hey, James, do you see your mum and dad?"
 
James stood on his tip-toes, and scanned the crowd. It didn't take him long to find his aging parents wave to him and Sirius.
 
"There, mate!" He acknowledged them and turned to Lily, who was now a good few steps away.
 
"Lily!" he called and began to jog up to her. She stopped and looked back, smiling.
 
"Yes, James?" the boy smiled and swooped down to place a soft kiss on her lips.
 
"Just wanted to say one last goodbye." James turned and jogged to his parents and Sirius before she could say anything, or smack him. But Lily just chuckled to herself and continued to walk to her family, ready for the relaxation of the summer.
 
 
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is guys! The end of the first installment! Be excited! A sequel is on its way, but first we require 10 new comments!

We would like to thank everyone who has commented and given feedback, we love you all so much.

Get ready for some more Padfoot and Prongs!

xoxoTrisha