Sequel: Our Lady of sorrows

I will die in this place.

Killer of the melencoly

It was a whole day. A hole day with nothing going on. Grandma when out with the other older ladies to play a stupid ladies card game. Frank when home after mooching all the food from grandma's well kept kitchen. The Tv was still left on with nothing good but reruns of the adams family. The clock seemed to have stoped after 8:00 because nothing seemed to have happened after that.

I was alone in a house. Gradmas house, I knew the lady sure, but not what she did. What did she do? What was her claim to fame what made this loved woman of all the other people. Was it just becaus eshe was old like everyone else. Old people must be really exepting. Well they've been through alot a hole life of alot.

I through my fith can of snapple into the garbage. I looked at a sad looking clown on the Tv that was telling children how his last balloon poped, yawn. Nothing. I took off my glasses to see the image on the Tv blur, Then put them quickly back on to see the image reapire. Yah I was suicidely bored.

I wanted to see the room again but I told my self I would probably run away like a baby if I herd a doll talk or somthing, god forbid. I took out my cell phone and wondered if I should call Gerard. I looked at the smooth lines of silver and black. I pressed the contacks button and gazed over the first person on speed dial.

"i should call its not fair to leave him, How many days? Oh yah about one hole day not knowing where I was" I kept opening and closing the phone having the little lights come on and off. Not fun. Not fun. On my 16th birthday I got this phone. I had nothing on for at lest another year. I still onlty have 4 contacts. Gerards Dads Moms and Home thats was it my little conection to the outside world woith only four places to go. Not much for the cell phone bills I eventually had to pay.

Just then The phone rang. I looked at mine but my cell was still. It was the home pone. Grandma never had a phone? Did she? I was begining to think my grandma wasn;'t the same sweet almost vivid picture of Gerard she was before. There was alsots of evidence leading to personality disorder or somthing like that.

#1) she Has a cat, she never owned a cat before. . .ever

#2) She never had I room I hadn't seen before let alone filled with old unwanted toys. She hated giving us toys, SHe alwasy gave Gerard a little art kit and me reluctantly a yo-yo.

#3) She Doesn't know any other ladies as far as my family was concered. She had no 'friends' of any age. maby some good colueges but friends? No.

Now here was the thing that bothered me most, My grandma was never a very 'oh give me a kiss, lemme pinch your cheecks and give you this sock I knit!' She was more of a 'Mikey get out of here! unless You want to learn to sing and draw like your wounderful brother!'

Yup that was the grandma I used to know. Where did she go or did she get mental sirgey before she told any of us.

*RING RING*

Crap I forgot about the phone. I run like crazy to answer it felt my limbs scramble to get there.

"Hello!" I was almost out of breath answering the phone.

"Hi there umm are you the Husband of Eleana (insiret her last name that i forgot but totally found out its not Way!)?"

Eew Im not married to my grandma. DO I really sound that old? "Um Im her grandson?"

"Oh then that works too. Could you umm tell Us anything about where your grandma was going?" The guy sounded nice but said the word grandma in a mocking tone, as if I was three or somthing.

"She said she was out playing a card game with some other ladies of the naborhood. thats what she said anyways."

There was a sad sound at the end of the line, like a loud moan of pain. The phone was silent. Then the man started talking in much more sierous tone.

"Son, Your Grandma's not doing well. Shes at the police ccenter down in central Bellville, Do you think you could come down?"

"WHat happened?" I said axiously, Feeling sweat curl down my face.

"We think she had a Sesiure. Were calling an ambulace."

I was shocked I was having cold flashes and sad images of sweet old grandma stopping in the middle of her walk from a bunco game and suddenly a police found her on the street.

I shuddered. "I'll be over as soon as I can."

I hung up the phone and looked at my own phone. My finger lingered over the name 'Gerard' The light died out and so did my abition for pressing the button. I pocketed my phone and walked out the front door. The police station was not that far.

I walked this way manytimes during my life when me Gerard and some of the nabor kids would play cops and robers. I was Always the cop and had to stand in front of the police station and wait for Gerard, who was not a robber but a mas sierial killer, figures, Came across my side of the playing filed.