Beautiful Mess

null.

When a wizarding child is born into the Wizarding World, it is tradition for the parents begin to hone the child's magical ability. If not honed from the beginning, the ability can become unstable when he or she is able to use their power.

The Jeino family, though of both Veela and wizarding history, have an additional tradition to raise the child as though they are both Muggle and Wizard. By teaching them how to control their magic as well as Muggle habits, the children learn how to understand and blend into the Muggle world.

The children are encouraged to play with all neighbor kids, Muggle and Wizard alike, to make friends in both worlds which teaches them what friends to hide their magic from and those they can show it to. They are enrolled in Muggle elementary schools until they receive their Hogwarts or Beauxbatons letter; if accepted to Hogwarts, they were traditionally sorted into Ravenclaw. Their absences are then covered up with a story about a boarding school.

Michaela Jeino was no different from her ancestors until she began dating a Slytherin by the name of Darius Adams.

The Adams family are traditional Slytherins and into preserving pure-blood generations. Their child-rearing techniques are very much the opposite of the Jeino family. They taught their children to not associate themselves with anyone who was not of pure-blood. Those who did not comply were often shunned from the family or Obilvated out of memory; seeing as they were raised in this manner, it was very rare that anyone was taken from memory.

It was quite the scandal for the oldest daughter of the Muggle-tolerating Jeino family to take an interest in one of the Muggle-despising Adams family. It was an even bigger scandal when he was shown to reciprocate her feelings. The biggest scandal of all was when they were eventually wed. The families each had to decide to either support the couple and get along with the other family or ignore the blemish on their family trees and go along as before.

Most of the Jeino family chose the young couple over their beliefs whereas only a fourth of the living Adams relatives continued contact with them.

The couple themselves had chosen to keep contact with all family members who were willing to associate with them and were willing to accept all offers of support they were given.

However, the most difficult part of their marriage was deciding how to raise their children, if they had any of course. Both were strong in their opinions of their own childhoods and how they were both beneficial to the way they ended up. Eventually, they decided to teach the children about hiding their magic, but each child could decide which world, or worlds, they wished to make friends in.

Their elder child was named Friday August. He had deep green eyes of his father paired with platinum blonde hair of his mother. His facial features matched his father's side of the family with a sharp nose and thick eyebrows. When he was old enough to contain his magic, he was given the choice of going to Muggle school or simply staying home and waiting for Hogwarts to call for him. Without a second thought, he chose to stay home. That was the first indication that he was destined to be placed in Slytherin like the rest of the Adams family. Over the years, he slowly showed more and more potential for the dark house. No one was surprised when he was placed in that very house.

The younger child, however, was regarded as an oddity on both sides of the family.

Tuesday June was her name and all her childhood, she seemed to be single-handedly breaking down the walls of family tradition. Born with dark blonde hair and steel-blue eyes, she looked like neither parent. Though her parents tried to shield her from the harsh words, Tuesday always had a feeling that the older family members did not like her very much. She chose to attend Muggle schools until she came of age to attend Hogwarts. She made friends in both worlds rather easily and seemed to be quite talented at both using and hiding her magic. She got along well with her brother until she was sorted into the rival house of his. Gryffindor.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, please? :)