Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

10

Evangeline attempted to sleep, only catching brief glimpses of prophecies as she drifted in and out of rest.

She seen Morgana, sit up sharply in her bed, her eyes burn a golden fire and then a look of horror on her pale face.

Evangeline woke up quickly, grabbing her velvet red cloak and rushing to Morgana's chambers.

She nearly burst in, seeing Morgana stare in shock and terror. She hastily moved closer, sitting near on the bed.

''Morgana, Morgana? It's okay.'' Morgana leaned against her, breathing heavily and slightly shaking.

''It's going to be alright.'' She held her as she cried, biting her lip. She sensed a magical presence from her, although she never asked.

''How did you know to come?'' Morgana asked, after she calmed down a bit.

''I had a dream.'' She simply explained.

Morgana's eyes widened. ''Y-You too?'' She asked, surprised.

''Yes, me too. I'm a witch, shh, don't tell anyone.'' She smiled teasingly, whispering the last sentence.

Evangeline explained to Morgana all about her magical powers and abilities, she knew how it was to be alone and afraid.

Morgana was happy there was someone else like her, someone she could inquire of and not feel so helplessly lonely.

''I know you have trouble sleeping, I did too.'' She stood up, pulling out an enchanted uncut emerald ring, she used to wear it when she first started to get nightmares.

Morgana slipped it on, looking up questioning at Evangeline.

''It will help you sleep.'' She smiled sweetly down at her as she sat on her bed.

Morgana smiled, squeezing Evangeline's hand lightly.

''Now, I'll get this cleaned up for you, you go ahead and sleep.'' She began picking up broken pieces of the floral vase Morgana accidentally shattered.

''You have much to tell me!'' Morgana excitedly exclaimed, smiling up at Evangeline.

''And that I will do, as soon as you get a nice full rest.'' She smiled, scooping up the last of the broken glass.

Morgana laid back in her bed, smiling.

''Goodnight Morgana!'' Evangeline quietly spoke, heading for her chamber doors.

''Goodnight Evangeline and thank you.''

Evangeline smiled, exiting her chambers, and making her way to her own.

''What are you doing out of bed so early?'' She heard Arthur's tired voice asked, nearly outraged at the thought of being out of bed at this hour.

She did not look at him, simply walked past. ''I do not believe that has anything to do with you.'' She spoke, before entering her chambers.

Arthur sighed, rubbing a hand through his messy fair hair.