Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

11

''Now Morgana, the first thing I need to teach you is, how to control your powers. It's extremely dangerous for you to be around Uther and have your magic acting out at random.''

Morgana nodded.

''You're doing this and its a great risk to you and I appreciate it.'' Morgana sincerely explained, smiling gratefully at her.

Mirabelle smiled, waving it off.

*

Mirabelle found yet another rose awaiting her at her chamber door, she sighed entering the door.

She wondered who it was, so she could confront them and ask them to stop. After everything that's happened she didn't really have the patience for a secret admirer.

She reluctantly picked up the rose, although anyone watching would know it grieved her deeply.

Mirabelle laid it carelessly on the wooden desk to her right, walking straight to her bed. Her warm comforting bed seemed to call her over.

Once she collapsed on the soft silk sheets, a firm knock sounded from the opposite side of her door.

She nearly growled, before softly calling: ''Come in.'' She didn't care who it was, only that it would soon be over with.

''Evangeline?'' She recognized that voice, as much as she wished she didn't.

''Why are you incapable of leaving me alone?'' Her voice was low and pleading, she was tired of fighting.

''I just wish you didn't loath me so. I can't take back what I did, as much as I wish I could. I'm sorry, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish that never happened. I know there's nothing I can do that could make it better and I'm truly, sincerely sorry.''

She sat up in her bed, glancing up at him with a blank expression.

''Is that what you came here for? Because, if your done telling me things I already know, I would like to be alone now.''

Arthur sighed, rubbing a hand through his messy light hair as he did as she wished and left.

*

If Morgause could bring Arthur's mom back for a while, I don't see why I can't bring your brother back.'' Merlin mused, smiling widely.

''I would give my life to see Matthew once more.'' She sighed sadly, staring at the floor of her chambers.

''Then it's settled, well not the giving your life bit.'' He clarified, offering a winning smile before darting ot of her chambers, in search of the spell Morgause used.

Evangeline smiled, Merlin was quite a good friend.