Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

13

Evangeline's nightmare was re-occuring, nearly every night the same dream of her and Arthur.

She took in a shaky breath. ''Morgana, my charm is unless against it.'' She played with the amystest stone on the silver ring which wrapped around her left pointer finger.

Morgana frowned slightly, hating to see her friend so scared.

''You know what that means...'' She frowned deeply, dropping her hand to stare at the stone floor of Morgana's chambers.

''It's a prophecy.'' Morgana spoke, Evangeline taught her well.

Evangeline nodded slightly, deeply pained. ''It felt wrong to be happy, it felt wrong to let go. I feel... disgusting when I wake up from that nightmare. How could I ever let that happen?''

Morgana patted her back, comforting her, for she knew not what to say.

*

Evangeline walked wearily up to the unsuspecting Prince of Camelot, reluctantly stopping a few feet away.

The guard he was talking to stopped speaking and simply stared at the raven haired beauty.
Arthur took a double take in the direction the guards eyes were locked in and almost immediately, his heart speed out of control.

He shooed the guard away, surprised she even acknowledged his presence. ''Where is Merlin?'' She asked, stubbornly refusing to be kind.

''... Um, m-my chambers?''

She walked away then, her velvet red dress trailing behind.

''Merlin?'' She knocked on the wooden door lightly.

''Come in.'' She heard Merlin's voice strain from quite a ways behind it.

''Are you alright?'' She opened it, rushing to him as he shook under the weight of a tub of water.

She helped him lift it, laughing softly at his red face.

After they set it down lightly, they both let out a sigh of relief.

''You ready?'' She asked Merlin, they planned to go down to the market to drop of some things for Gaius.

''Just about.'' He panted lightly, rushing over to a full basket of dirty clothes.

''Oh, Merlin.'' Evangeline sighed, he was worked so very hard.

She spoke a quiet saying, it sounded to be Old English and with her eyes lighting up, the clothes in the basket were fresh, pressed and folded.

Merlin smiled, looking over at her with his bright blue eyes lit up.

She bowed teasingly, smiling slightly.

''Come on then! To the market!'' Evangeline lopped her arm around his and they headed out.
''Alright, Mr... Black, an antidote for hemlock... I think we better deliver his first.'' Evangeline bit her lip.

''I think so.'' They rushed to his small quint home near Gwen's.

*

''I think I'm going to retire now...'' Evangeline yawned lightly, just as her and Merlin finished their deliveries.

''See you tomorrow then.''

She waved, a pleasant smile tugging on her dark red lips.

She sighed, beginning to walk back to her chambers. She slipped on a small parchment and hit her head on a small wooden table against the wall, falling into unconsciousness.

Morgana spotted what looked to be Evangeline, laying on the cold stone floor of a nearby corridor.

She rushed over, patting her cheeks lightly, as if to wake her up. ''Evangeline?'' She frowned deeply, worry bubbling up inside her.

She attempted to pick her up, until she spotted Arthur. ''Arthur! Arthur!'' Morgana shouted, waving him over.

He ran to Evangeline's unconscious body, worry evidant in his face. He picked her up into his arms, rushing to Gaius's chambers with Morgana closely following.

*

''What happened?'' Gaius helped Morgana clear off the table, they clearly intended Arthur to lay her.

He gently and reluctantly did so, carefully setting her down.

''We don't know. I was walking and found her like this.'' Morgana explained, tears brimming her light eyes.

''I'll have to do some tests.'' Gaius spoke, lightly moving her head to the side. When he took back his hand, a crimson liquid coated his fingers.

''Oh...'' He touched her head again, wiping the blood off his hand as he grabbed a certain book.

''Is she going to be alright'' Arthur asked, glancing down at her.

''Well, that depends. She's hit her head, and quite hard. I'll have to do further research. I'll need some Mugwort leaf, it may help to stop the bleeding.''

Gaius rummaged through his cluttered chambers, almost absent-mindedly.

''Try and wake her up, if she sleeps she may fall into a comma.'' Gaius instructed, gathering his supplies.

Morgana lightly shook her, although she wouldn't budge. She patted her cheeks, repeatedly saying: ''Evangeline!''

Her eyes tiredly opened, but they wouldn't stay that way.

''Evangeline! Evangeline! Stay awake.'' Arthur sat her up, but she only fell into him.

Merlin splashed water on her face, it always seemed to work with Arthur. Her eyes widened slightly, and she moved away from Arthur.

She began laying down again, receiving loud protest from Morgana, Merlin and Arthur.

Gaius called Morgana and Merlin to help him find his bandages and Arthur quickly and softly shook Evangeline.

''Please, please let me sleep?'' She quietly begged of him, her eyes closing.

Arthur sighed, sitting her up. ''You can't.'' He spoke ever so softly.

She frowned, ''why?'' she looked up at him, her eyes seemed to pierce his very soul and for a moment he forgot how to speak.

''Because then you might not wake up.'' He explained when he found his voice, his eyes softening at her sad, tired eyes.

''I'm so tired...'' She struggled to keep her eyes opened as she stared at nothing in particular.

''Please don't close your eyes?'' He held her chin up, pleading with her with his bright blue eyes.