Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

14

Once she was sure Arthur wasn't looking she quietly muttered a sleepless spell under her breath.

Merlin smiled in her direction, nearly slapping himself over the head for not thinking of it first.

Morgana smiled, holding her hand. ''You're gonna be okay?'' She asked, Gauis needed her to fetch some water.

''Yeah.'' Evangeline smiled, suqeezing her hand lightly for reassurance.

Morgana smiled, nodding softly before she exited Gauis's chambers.

Arthur came to her side, gaining a distancing shuffle of her small body. He frowned deeply, sighing quietly.

''I don't need you.'' Evangeline spoke, annoyance and grief in her small soft voice.

''Well try and make me leave.'' He was far from walking out of that door, and close to nothing could make him leave her.

She rolled her eyes without intention, crossing her arms over her chest.

''Gaius, I'm fine, really.'' Evangeline insured, hoping to leave.

The aging court physicain walked over to her, giving her another exam. He opened her eyes wider than they were, taking her jaw and moving her head to the side, facing Arthur.
She avoided his eyes as Gauis bandaged the opposite side of her temple.

''I suppose you can go, I urge you to spend the night in Morgana's chambers, just encase.''

She smiled kindly in the general direction of Gauis, thanking him quietly before jumping down from the table, shooting down Arthur's offer to help.

Morgana rushed in, a glass of water in her pale bony hand. She dipped a small rag into it and gently dabbed the drying blood from Evangeline's cheek.

Evangeline smiled sweetly, waving to Merlin a small yet friendly goodbye, but not before thanking Gaius once again.

Morgana insisted upon Evangeline staying in her chambers, and finally Evangeline gave in.
It's been three long and hard weeks since that tiring, frightful day and all seemed well in Camelot. Evangeline was moved back in her own chambers and Morgana, Merlin and Evangeline's friendship was stronger than ever.

A peaceful sunny day called for a stroll around the kingdom, Evangeline had a few things she loved about Camelot.

Evangeline wandered the darkling woods, bordering her on kingdoms wood. She glanced longingly in that direction, missing her Father dearly.

''It's not save out here.'' She heard the one voice she was trying to get away from.

''Are you stalking me?'' She asked of the fair haired Prince a few feet away from herself. He ignored her question, pressing his earlier statement. ''It's not save so close to the border.''

''Have you forgotten, Odin is my Father.'' She spoke, looking up at him. ''I should be telling you that it's not save out here.''

Just then a loud shout neared them and suddenly Arthur was in a sword fight. Two more of
Odin's men came running down a small hill, sword at the ready.

Arthur defeated the first man easily, and his next apponant was enthusiastically taking his turn.

Arthur shoved him into a tree trunk when he had the chance, and Odin's next soldier did not hesitant to begin his swords work.

He hit right and then knocked Arthur's sword from his hands, he swung, hungrily attempting to draw blood.

Arthur ducked just in time, sighing slightly as it missed him.

Odin's fighter pushed him to the ground, his sword hovering over his chest as he lay on his back.

Just as he forcefully threw his sharp blade at the Prince, yet another sword stopped it.
Evangeline pushed his sword away from Arthur.

''Has murder ever solved anything?'' She asked of him, pushing the soldier away with just one finger.

He bowed his head in the direction of his Princess, backing further away before reluctantly leaving the Prince alive.

''You... saved my life.'' Arthur atlas stood up, shocked.

''Don't remind me.'' She held his sword out to him, ensuring their hands wouldn't touch.

''Thank you.'' He sincerely spoke, only a little ashamed of a girl saving him.

Evangeline rose her eyebrows in response, beginning to walk away from him.

Arthur didn't dare push his luck with her kindness, and despite of his desire to speak to her, civily, he left her be.

*

''I simply can't spend another day here without seeing my Father once again. I haven't seen him for far too long and I miss him more than I could explain.'' Evangeline told Morgana and Merlin as they walked along in the market.

''I understand.'' Morgana smiled, despite her sadness.
Merlin spoke up. '' You will be coming back, right?'' He asked, hope brewing in his icy blues.

''Of course! However could I leave you two?'' She smiled reassuringly.
Morgana squealed happily, smiling widely. Merlin's face mirrored that of Morgana's

''I will set out at dawn tomorrow.'' Evangeline smiled a small sweet smile, anticipating the moment she would reunite with her Father.