Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

15

''I hear you're returning to your kingdom.'' Arthur appeared in front of her, in the middle of an empty corridor in the Palace.

''You've heard right.'' She nodded, attempting to walk around him.

''You've missed your father, I imagine.'' He stopped her.

She sighed, looking up at him. ''Of course. Is this conversation going anywhere or...?''

''How long are you going to be gone?'' He asked, ignoring her intolerance.

Evangeline shrugged. ''A few weeks, Morgana insist I come back as soon as I possibly
could. ''

''Why is it any of your concern anyway?'' She shot at him, realizing she was treating him better than a grain of sand.

''Curiousity, of course.'' Arthur spoke, ignoring the violence of his heartbeats.

Evangeline rose her eyebrows, in an understanding manner. ''Well, I bid you farewell, Arthur Pendragon.''

With that, she gracefully left for the direction of her chambers.

Outside of her door, lie a dozen red roses, with a card that read:

Although we will depart, you shall never depart from my thoughts.

She frowned deeply, sighing as she entered her chambers, she thought their strange infactuation was over by now.
*
''You're going to write me, correct?'' Morgana rose an eyebrow, helping Evangeline pack for her arrival home.

Evangeline looked at her in disbelief. ''But of course!'' She smiled reassuringly.

''What about me?'' Merlin popped in, smiling that goofy smile of his.

She smiled over at him, it was simply impossible not to.

''I could never forget to write to either of you.'' Evangeline clarified, patting Merlin's shoulder softly.

*

''Is this everything?'' Morgana strapped what seemed to be the last bag onto the pale horse's saddle.

''Heaven I hope!'' She laughed, smiling as she pulled on her dark blue cloak, it was rather brisk in the town square.

Evangeline waved farewell to Gaius as he stood on the steps that lead to the castle doors.
''The witches and the warlock, we will reunite soon.'' She smiled, kissing Morgana's cheek before moving to Merlin, she placed a friendly kiss upon his cheekbone, getting up on the borrowed horse.

Waving a playfully flirtatious wave in the direction of Camelots beloved Knight, Sir Leon, laughing lightly as he blushed madly, giving a wave back.

And with a winning smile, she rode through the gates of Camelot.