Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

18

''Have you heard from Evangeline?'' Arthur attempted to 'casually' ask of Merlin, tightening his belt as Merlin made his bed.

Merlin smiled smugly, fluffing the pillows. ''Yes, she has made it to her Kingdom.''

Arthur avoided his servants general direction as he asked: ''... Is she... Okay?''

''Of course she is!... Pyschically, anyway. She is still torn up about her brother. Why do you care anyway?'' He smirked.

''No reason.''Arthur spoke as he fastened his swords scabbard around his waist.

Merlin's brows knit together as he playfully spoke. ''Really? I thought it might have to do with your undying love for her.'' He held back a snicker, unable to hide the smile tugging on his lips.

''Merlin, you are aware that I am holding a sword, aren't you?'' He asked, turning to his servant, who smiled wildly.
*
Morgana smiled gratefully up at a scruffy young man, who had just delievered Evangeline's letter to her .

She happily entered her chambers, sitting on the edge of her bed to read it.

*

Evangeline wandered through the market, her eyes sworming with sadness.

''My lady?'' Her father's knight asked, bowing his head.

She looked up at him, her eyes glossy and wide. ''Yes?''

''The King wishes to speak with you.'' He informed, unable to look her in the eyes, she was far too intimidating.

She nodded lightly, smiling a small smile.

He bowed once again, walking off to an unknown location.

Evangeline begin her walk to the castle, her thoughts tormenting her without mercy.

Once she entered her Father's chambered, she softly spoke: ''What is it, Father?''

Odin patted the seat next to him as he sat on his bed.

She took a seat near him, looking up at him questioningly.

''... Your brother was going to give you this for your birthday.'' He held a gold necklace, a blue moonstone set in the very middle as small star pendants were spread along the chain.

A silent lone tear journeyed down her fair cheek, she smiled despite her sadness, her brother was so very kind.

''I will never part with it.'' She promised, brushing that tear away.

Her father put it around her long pale neck as she held her hair above her head, letting her dark spirals fall as the necklace settled itself over her sternum.

She softly touched it, her fingertips lingering over the stone as she frowned slightly, she wouldn't know what to do without her brother.

Evangeline briefly hugged her Father, closing her eyes shortly.
Her father had council duty and reluctantly left her.

She slowly approached the wooden doors of her brother's room, softly she pushed them open, walking into the room.

Her fingertips brushed along the table as she walked by, glancing over his room, she took in a shaky breath.

Quickly she exited, it would seem she would never get over this.