Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

20

''Has the day ended already?'' Morgana sighed, glancing out of the window of Evangeline's old chambers.

Evangeline and Merlin subconsciously looked over as well, frowning slightly.

''Well, I suppose I'll see you both tomorrow.'' Merlin sighed, he had to get a nice restfully nights sleep for work tomorrow.

Evangeline hugged him briefly, saying her farewell.

And then there were two.

''I assume you would like to get some sleep?'' Smiled Evangeline, turning toward Morgana.

''I suppose... I will see you tomorrow, I'll make sure of that.'' Morgana smiled, standing from her seat.

Evangeline laughed lightly, opening the door for Morgana as she walked toward it.

''Goodnight, Evangeline.'' She smiled, waving slightly as she exited her best friends chambers.

''Farewell!'' Evangeline smiled, softly shutting her door.

Once she had bathed, changed into her nightgown and brushed out her dark lengthy ringlets, she lied down for bed.

In the hazy dream a monster appears, wings like an eagle and eyes like a bear, it fearlessly runs towards the Knights of Camelot with his legs like a horse's. He swaps at the men with his talens, and mortally injures a man... a man named Arthur Pendragon.

The next day Evangeline shook off the dream, it's only logical that having a dream about the Prince of Camelot would involve his potential death. Well, in her case anyway.

The next night the dream was the same, although it was longer and by far more saddening.

She saw Arthur lying on the forest floor, unconscious or perhaps dead. Morgana and Merlin crying, the King devastated, all of Camelot in mourning.

She knew it was not wise to forget this dream again, and when she heard the news of a wild magical beast roaming the darkling wood, she knew it was a matter of time before the Prince and his Knights went in search of it.

She was weary, she was so tired and she did not wish the death of another to pain anyone.
She knew the feeling, and did not particularily like it much.

She, having learnt and practiced magic as a high priestess of the old religion knew of this creature, the only way to kill it was with the magic it was born from.

Evangeline caught sight of the Prince, walking in a determined fashion.

''Where are you going?'' She asked, having to speak a little louder since the two were not in close proximity.

''There is a magical beast destroying the outline villiges, I must see to it that it is killed.'' He answered swiftly, it was rare that she would talk to him.

She felt a strange lump in her throat, she knew her dream was a prophecy, she knew what would become of him.

''You mustn't go.''

Arthur was a bit shocked, could she possibly... care for him? He shook the thought, it was impossible.

''It's my duty as Prince.'' He spoke, his voice soft and the confusion was peering through his words like a crazed beast.

''Please! I...'' She couldn't very well tell him she had had a dream of a wild beast two nights before it had appeared, no, she would surely be exposed.
He gazed down at her, ignoring his heart's savage beatings to ask: ''Yes?''

She looked up at him, into his perplexed and bright blue eyes. ''I wish you luck.'' She frowned, she would have to warn Merlin instead, he could most definitely prevent it. But then... Merlin had been there when it happened, maybe Merlin couldn't prevent it.

''Thank you.'' He smiled, feeling the conversation was over, he began to walk away.

''Wait!'' She caught his wrist. ''I-... You really must not go. I have a... bad feeling about this. I beg you, don't go?''

His brows knit together, it could be possible for her to care, it would seem she does.

He did not dare draw attention to her hand, which held his wrist gently, he did not want to be without it.

''I- I have to.'' He weakly spoke, if she was any kinder to him, he would never leave her side.

She was so pleasant and beautiful, although she looked sad. Sad that he might risk his safety?

She wished she could tell him, although she knew his Father's hatred of magic would drive him to capture her.

Evangeline clenched her jaw, looked away from him and pulled her hand back, she no longer looked sad, she looked angry.

She was angry indeed, she was frustrated that he wouldn't listen to her, she did not want Merlin and Morgana to suffer at the hand of the beast.

Swiftly, she turned on her heels and stalked off.

Arthur sighed solemnly, casting his eyes to the stone floor as she disappeared from sight.

''Merlin, you've got to be careful. I've forseen it, it will happen, unless you can stop it. Be safe.''

She hugged Merlin farewell, frowning as he mounted his horse.

He smiled his goofy smile, waved goodbye as the Knights and Arthur raced from the town square before him.

Morgana took a deep breath, her frown matching that of Evangeline's.