Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

4

Evangeline felt most regretful about concealing her where-abouts from her Father, so she wrote him a letter explaining it all. She hoped he would understand.

Dear Father

I'm most apologetic about hiding myself from you, I am okay. I just need time for the wounds to heal, I know they wont completely but I pray for just a bit of relief. I can not have that if I return home. The memory of Matthew is far to strong to withhold. I am safe, staying in Camelot. Uther does not know, so don't go mad and start a war. I love you more than I can explain in this silly little letter and I hope you're not angry with me.

-Love, your daughter Evangeline.


She kissed the bottom corner of the letter, leaving a dark red lip stain, then she paid a local farmer to deliver her letter.

*
Guinevere found her in an empty corridor, taking her to her new chambers.

''I'm sorry Evangeline.'' Morgana frowned. ''but there were no other rooms available.'' Morgana regretfully informed, gesturing to the room next to Arthur's.

''Oh, you've got to be teasing.'' Evangeline nearly begged.

''I'm sorry. You could stay with me.'' Morgana suggested, knowing her quarrel with the Prince.

''No, I wouldn't ask that of you. It's fine, I suppose its not that bad, I mean I don't have to talk to him or anything.'' She attempted to reassure herself as well as Morgana.

''It's great, thank you both.'' She kissed each of their cheeks, smiling kindly.

Morgana smiled lightly.

''Well then, we'll leave you to it.'' Gwen smiled, beginning to walk away after saying goodbye.

''You will still come and see me, right?'' Morgana smirked, she would only force her if she didn't.

''Of course.'' Evangeline promised, waving fair well.

Morgana waved, following after Gwen.

Evangeline sighed, entering through the large wooden doors. She took a seat on the deep purple blanket that covered the massive bed.

''This will do.'' She laid back, staring at the stone ceiling above. It was no where near to the fancy, luxurious bedroom that awaited her at home, but she was never to prideful.

Suddenly, tears came ceaselessly pouring from her big emerald eyes. Sobs escaped her full lips without effort, she could hardly hold them back.

Not long after, the sobs became more heart wrenching and painful than before and all she could do to not faint was try and slowly breath in and out.

She didn't know someone was hearing the whole thing.

Arthur frowned deeply, her sobs paining his own chest and his eyes began to water. He hated that he caused her this great sorrow and all he wanted was to go in there and hold her.

He knew, from what little he knew about her that she would not welcome his comfort.

After a few agonizing moments of pure heartbreaking sobs, Evangeline finally fell asleep.

A few short days later, the farmer arrived with the letter, her father had given him a horse, in order for him to come more quickly.

She nervously opened it, praying he wasn't angry.

Dear Evangeline

I understand your pain, I know you and your brother were close, take the time you need, but return to me. You know I love you and I just pray you come back to me soon. Stay safe, don't reveal your gifts for I know of Uther's strong distaste for them.

-Be safe. Love, your Father.


She smiled, a single lonely tear falling down her cheek, she could not have hoped for a better Father.

She hide her Fathers letter and left her temporary chambers.

Her hair hung just as her head did and her dress was a midnight black.

She bumped into a hard tall frame, she stepped back, looking up at the infamous Prince Arthur.

She didn't bother apologizing, she simply walked around him.

''Wait! Evangeline.''

She sharply turned around, ''Don't address me so casually. I won't have you thinking we're friends.''

''I know, you've made that quite clear.''

''And somehow, you still don't get it.'' She walked away quickly, not wanting to waste her time on Arthur Pendragon.

''What can I do to make you realize I am truly sorry?'' His light blue eyes were soft with regret and sorrow.

''You can't do anything!'' She nearly shouted at him, wiping a traitorous tear from her cheek.

His head hung, he wished they could start over. He wished he could bring back her brother.

''I hate you Arthur Pendragon and there is nothing in the world that could change that.'' She spoke low and angrily before walking away.

She slammed the door of her chambers, sliding down the door. She hugged her knees as the hole in her chest set ablaze.

Someone knocked on her door, she quickly stood, attempting to appear happy.

She opened it, looking up to see a lanky, pale Merlin. ''Merlin.'' She smiled, opening the door a bit wider.

''I've come to tend to your chambers.'' He smiled.

''Oh, that's quite alright. Arthur works you hard enough, I wont be a burden on you to.''

''Are you sure?'' He asked, smiling at her kindness.

''Quite so.'' She smiled enchantingly.

''Thank you, but if you need anything, I'll be around.'' Merlin smiled.

''Thank you Merlin, you've been nothing but kind from the moment I met you.''

Merlin blushed, waving it off.