Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

52

Arthur had successfully found his way back to Camelot, without any harm.

He found himself worried about their security, as it was his second time in and out of Bernicia without the Kingdom or the King's knowledge.

Once he had made his way back to his chambers, he stepped in and quickly shut the door behind him.

When he turned, he was faced with a horrifying sight. Merlin. Right in his face.

Merlin rose a brow. ''Where have you been? I was worried sick!'' He suddenly grew more serious, and his voice lowered threateningly, ''I almost alerted the guards.''

''Merlin,'' Arthur sighed, stepping away from Merlin, ''I believe you have forgotten, I tell you what to do. Not the other way around.'' Arthur then flashed him a sarcastic smile.

Merlin narrowed his eyes, sighing.

But then a smirk took it's place, tugging at Merlin's lips. ''Oooh, I see...'' He smiled brightly, happy about something.

Arthur gave him a look that clearly said, 'what are you smirking about?'.

''You went to see Evangeline.'' Merlin answered the prince's unspoken question.

Arthur said, ''Merlin,'' very slowly, as to warn him, ''don't you have chores to be doing?''

Merlin sighed, and shrugged, exiting the prince's chambers, a wise move on his part.

Evangeline, on the other hand, was far from a lighthearted mood as she sit on the windowsill of her chamber window.

She was afraid, that goes without saying. She feared what her Father might say. She was afraid he would accuse her of betrayal, which, she felt it was.

And she wept for a love that was forbidden.

After sending her daily letter to Morgana, from which she reluctantly informed of her interesting dilemma, Evangeline thought it best to not worry her mind with sad, stressful thoughts, and caught up on the sleep she was so beautifully deprived of.

The Knights persuaded Arthur to a hunt. They were eager for some action after all the quiet peace Uther's allegiance with King Olaf and King Alined had brought.

Arthur accepted at last, and they grabbed their bows and spears and set out for the Darkling Wood.

What they did not know, was that someone else was hunting, and not for animals.

''Merlin! Would you shut up? You're scaring away the prey!'' Arthur whispered harshly, after Merlin had startled the second deer that evening.

Merlin looked at him in disbelief. ''Maybe if I weren't holding the entire armies weapons, I could walk more quietly!''

Arthur gave him a warning glare, and slowly crept toward a small clearing in the woods. There stood a beautiful buck. Its antlers would look glorious on the walls of Camelot, but it suddenly and sharply glanced up, and ran away.

Arthur turned to Merlin, prepared to scold him immensely, but Merlin shrugged.

''I did not move.'' His manservant told him, and he spoke the truth.

Arthur frowned, believing him, for once. He glanced around cautiously, but before he could fully rebuild his guard, a small army, wearing smocks and armour displaying the mark of King Odin, a growling wolf, came running from their hiding places and overtook them.

They were outnumbered, and Merlin scrambled to do something, anything!

But they took Arthur by the arms, and dragged him away.

Merlin was knocked out in the chaos.

And at last it seemed King Odin would get his revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is so short and long overdue, but I have an interesting dilemma myself. This chapter is mainly leading you up to something bigger, so it may be badly written. Anyway, enjoy, I hope.