Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

9

The next dreaded morning, her chamber doors were still hide open and it looked as though she hadn't been back.

Arthur was worried. He searched all the corridors on the east wing, as well as the west, now he was entering the town square.

There she was, sitting on the stone statue in the middle of the town square. Morgana and Merlin were speaking to her.

''You can't go yet! We have hardly done anything together.'' Morgana nearly begged, Evangeline thought if she were out of Camelot, the prophecy couldn't come true.

''Yeah, you can't leave me here with Arthur.'' Merlin teased, smiling widely.

His goofy and toothy grin forced a smile of her own to tug relentlessly on her full red lips.

She frowned again. ''I really should be going...'' She looked down at her hand, refusing to look at their puppy dog pouts.

''Pleaase?'' Morgana begged, taking her hands.

Evangeline looked up at her, Morgana attempt to break her succeeded. ''... Oh alright!''

Morgana and Merlin smiled wholeheartedly. ''Yes!'' They exclaimed in sync.

*
After a long hard day of avoiding Arthur, Evangeline went for a visit to Morgana's chambers.

''You look absolutely beautiful in red!'' Morgana squealed as she held up a fine, red silk dress to Evangeline's bony frame.

''You look wonderful in green.'' Evangeline subconsciously turned the attention on Morgana.

Morgana blushed, smiling brightly.

''My lady?'' Gwen held out a single red rose, only this time there was a note.

''Looks like your secret admirer!'' Morgana smirked playfully, sitting up a little straighter in her recently made bed.

Evangeline smiled, rolling her eyes at her immaturity.

Gwen put the rose in a vase of water and handed Evangeline the note.

''You have brightened my life with the light of love.''

''That's just a bit unnerving.'' Evangeline shivered, sitting the note down on Morgana's bedside table.

''How so? Its romantic!'' Morgana dreamily exclaimed, Uther would have any man who showed any interest in Morgana executed.

''I don't even know who it is and I'm pretty sure they don't know me.'' Evangeline spoke, her voice soft with assumptions.

Morgana sighed, rolling her eyes.

*

Evangeline promised to help Merlin to fight with a sword, to challenge Arthur slightly when they practiced.

''Alright!'' She smiled, walking onto the practice field. She laughed, looking upon a heavily armored Merlin. The chain mail falling off of him and the helmet was far too big.

Merlin blushed, looking down.

''You're adorable.'' She commented, smiling widely.

''Okay, lets start!'' She rose her sword in the air, lightly tapping Merlin's. She forcefully struck left, which he defended.

''Great. Move your feet.'' She pointed to them with the sword, preparing to go again.

She quickly swung right, then left and with one swift move, she disarmed Merlin.

He pulled the metal helmet off, breathing deeply.