Status: active, if a bit slow

Listen to Your Heart

Prologue

Image


The wind blew gently across the lands of Rohan as two figures atop a pair of horses leisurely trodded across the plain. One figure had dark hair that was uncommon for the people born in this country, obviously marking them as foreign. While the other had the commonly seen long blonde locks of the country-folk. Other things that one could distinguish about the figures is that one was obviously female, what with her long dark locks trailing in the breeze behind her as it kissed her pale skin. And her companion was decidedly male, wearing a tunic and breeches unlike the woman who wore a light dress of forest green.

As the two rode along, you could almost hear their laughter as they teased and joked with one another carry on the wind should you be looking from afar. They would pretend to race ahead of each other and when the other came close enough would reach out and gently, jokingly shove the other. They were enjoying a peaceful ride out across the plains of their beloved country, away from all the pressures of making decisions that their advisers were hard pressed they make.

“Come on, Eomer! You need to shed a few pounds, poor Firefoot is looking awfully worn with carrying your bulk for such a time!” the woman joked with her husband, King Eomer of Rohan. Laughing at the horses snort of offense, she spurred her steed on and away from the man who was sure to give her a sound reprimand once he caught his beloved wife.

“So that is how you wish to play it, my dear wife?” Eomer called after the dark haired beauty, smirking at the thought of the chase and what he would do once he caught her. For he would indeed catch her sooner or later, it was just a matter of time. And he was not known to be a very gracious loser, his pride getting the best of him every time, though he knew she was only playing at her insult and did not really mean it.

And so the two went on like this for hours, all the while making their slow return toward Edoras the capitol of the great horse country. Just an hour ride from the city, Eomer came up beside his wife and lept out of his saddle toward her. He caught her round the waist and tore her from her saddle as well, the two rolling down the hill they were about to ride over. Slowly they came to a stop at the bottom, the King pinning her below him though not crushing her.

“You my love, shall pay for your cruel words!” he spoke with a teasing smile, chuckling at her slightly shocked expression at his previous actions. Then he quickly swooped down, capturing her mouth with his in a fierce and passionate kiss, calloused hands coming to grip the side of her face with one and her hip in the other. She instantly responded to his fierce passion, fingers entangling in his hair as she wrapped her arms around him.

Gently pulling away from the kiss, Eomer began to lay soft kisses along her jaw line and down her neck until he found that special spot. Upon finding it, he kissed it gently before nipping at it playfully to try and get a reaction from her. And it worked for as soon as he began to nip and suck, a pleasure filled moan escaped her parted lips, smile twitching ever so coyly at the corners.
He continued his ministrations until she was all but ripping the hair from his skull, moving painfully slow back up toward her eager mouth. Staring into her dazed and clouded eyes, he laid a gentle yet meaningful kiss against her already swollen lips from their previous kiss. She returned the kiss with just as much care, cupping his face in her hands as he did hers once they pulled apart.

“I love you, Arathen, daughter of Arathorn, sister to Aragorn and my beautiful wife. Should an orc come and slay me now, I could not die a more happier man.” Eomer whispered to her, his love for the woman before him filling his eyes.

“And I love you, Eomer, son of Eowmen, brother of Eowyn and my courageous husband. Should a nasgul come and slay me now, I could not die a more happier woman.” she whispered back, her eyes also filling with the love she held for the man before her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have recently been reading a bunch of Eomer stories from The Lord of the Rings trilogy on a different site and got this idea. I'm not sure if its been done before, since all of the stories I've read mostly the OC was Boromir and Faramir's little sister, except for one. But I think this will be a good and entertaining story. So I hope you like it and enjoy!