‹ Prequel: Crimson (Book One)

Darkness Follows (Book Two)

Taylor and Ash

*Taylor’s POV*

We had now been away from the headquarters for three days and had already come across two hideouts where we ripped apart every evil creature we found. At the second hideout we found many things that made us a stronger group, firstly we found two 4x4 trucks which we could easily put our supplies in and all fit in them, secondly we took all the weapons we could find and the was also hunters that had been taken captive. Ash spoke to them and we patched them up, all five of them. They all decided to come with us as they all wanted sweet revenge.
We were now driving through the countryside, searching for more of the creatures’ hideouts.
Ash and I were in the front of one truck, Ash was driving.
I saw something suddenly shoot through the bushes.
“Ash stop! On the left, something was there” I said pointing towards the bushes.
“George, Lila, Bobby go check that out” Ash ordered.
They collected their weapons and got out of the trucks, we watched them head towards the bush, then disappeared into the large leafy bush.
Suddenly a high pitch shriek was heard as a body was shot right out of the bush and following the body was a bright eyed vampire, blood dripping from his pale fanged face.
I took out my gun from its casing and stood up in the truck, half my body through the window.
The vampire snarled loudly, and began to come towards the truck.
I aimed and fired... and missed.
“Shit” I cried and aimed again, but before I could shoot Ash had already got out of the truck and shot down the vampire with a sharp poisoned arrow.
“For god sake work on your bloody aim” Ash screamed at me.
We headed towards the bush, weapons at the ready. Yet another rustling was heard.
“Remember...Aim” Ash said
Suddenly, a petite woman came out of the bush, covered in red dripping blood. It was Lila.
“Lila! Are you okay?” I asked. She just stood there extremely still; eyes empty as if her soul had been taken from her.
She started to whisper words; I had to creep closer to hear her.
“Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.” She kept repeating over and over again, eyes still soulless.
“Taylor watch it, she’s been bitten!” Ash cried out, pushing me out of the way of the now turning Lila.
Ash was now fighting with Lila, his weapon discarded, some of the others had gotten out of the trucks, but now there was more than one vampire. Lila and George had both been turned, Bobby was the bloody mess on the ground, and this attracted a few more vampires in the area.
I took my gun, aiming for Lila, it was so hard to get a shot as they tumbled around, I tried as best that I could, and shot the bullet. It zoomed past Ash’s head, just missing, and into Lila’s own skull, she was dead.
“Taylor! Behind you!” Ash called out weapon less.
I swung around, but all too late, a vampire grabbed me harshly, picking me up and flitting away, I heard the calls and fighting of the others.
Then... I blacked out.

The next thing I knew I was in some sort of cell, the walls were pure stone, no windows, just a grey steel door and an extremely small vent beside the steel fitted door. I slowly got up and walked across to the door, trying to get it open, I couldn’t open it at all. I got onto the floor beside the vent, I looked through it, and I could see a dimly lit corridor.
I suddenly heard foot-steps coming towards me; I backed up to the wall.
The door creaked open slowly.
“Shit... It’s true. Hi Taylor” a familiar face said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going to put up a picture of Ash on the characters page so look out for it!!!