‹ Prequel: Crimson (Book One)

Darkness Follows (Book Two)

Playful and deadly

*Charlotte’s POV*

Zane and I had left the tree by the field, racing each other to the dark house, talking within our minds as he told me his story about how he became what he is today.
“Bet I can get to the mansion faster old man” I smirk as he changed into his wolf form
“Oh I doubt that my love, let’s see shall we? First their gets one thing that they desire” He says
“As in anything?” I ask
“Yes, anything”
“You’re on” I say as we race off taking a head start as we also talk within our minds.
I run swiftly through trees and bushes being careful not to make too much noise so not to get caught by the fleeting vampires that had just left the hatch before us. Zane was extremely fast and trying to keep up with him was troublesome, I heard his deep chuckle as he bounded right past me.
“Too slow Charlotte, just too slow” he says still bounding by me.
We soon come to the last part of the journey, around the corner and we would be at the mansion, Zane was still winning, I watched his muscles flex under his dark fur as he ran, my eyes were so transfixed on his body movement that I forgot to stop within the mansion boundaries and Serena’s voice brought me back into reality.
“Charlotte! Stop this child play right now!” Serena called, I stopped abruptly taking in the view, Zane had already transformed and stood behind Serena with a cocky smirk.
“I’m sorry ma’am” I say with my head bowed down.
“I would love to find out what you both have found so when you have come back into your right mind you shall find my-self and Zane in my office” She says storming off as I cringe.
“Do not worry my love, she has the weight of her kind on her shoulders, it is a great burden to carry, come with me” Zane says as he offers my arm to take, to which I kindly accept.
We walk to Serena’s office keeping a good pace behind Serena; her guards open the office as soon as we get there.

“So, what have you both found?” She asks as soon as we have sat down.
“It is easier for me to show you” Zane says as his face goes into fierce concentration as he shows what happens within her mind. Her face contorts to anger quickly as she has seen all that had happened.
“Boys!” She calls out and the two muscular guards come into the room.
“Yes ma’am?” One of them says
“Find Corbin for me, I need to have a little talk with him, do not let him leave” She answers
“Ma’am” they nod and leave.
“It seems that I must take action on Corbin’s dealings, he shall be punished within the cellar of the house that is able to keep him from escaping to his little hideout. Charlotte, I wish for you to find a team of vampires and that of werewolves in order to ambush the hatch”
“Yes Serena, anyone in particular?” I ask
“No, you may choose who you wish, tell them what has happened and I shall explain more when you meet Zane and I outside the house” she replies, waving me off as Zane gives me a comforting smile.
But just as I am about to leave, Corbin’s loud shouts can be heard clearly as he and the guards burst through the door.
“What the bloody hell is going on here?! Why am I being man-handled by these brutes!” He shouts angrily
“Corbin, you are summoned here because of your actions against me, you have built your-self your own little hiding place, killed a team of hunters without my knowledge and tried to keep all from me, you are to go straight to the cellar where you shall be held until I decide what to do with you. Now leave me!” she says, her eyes gone dark with anger. Corbin looks speech-less as he is dragged from the room.
“Go my love, you have a job to do” Zane says quietly in my ear beside me.
“Oh... yes” I say quickly rushing off, trying to think of who I shall even ask to come with us on our journey back to the hatch in order to ambush it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Small update guys, sorry its taken so long. Been getting writers block and my memory stick to which had a few extra chapters crashed and wiped itself :( so now I'm re-writing and it may take a while as I have to look after my brother and work inbetween. I really wish more people would read my first story Crimson, and then this, would really get me writing.