‹ Prequel: Crimson (Book One)

Darkness Follows (Book Two)

Please Live My Beautiful Angel

*Taylor’s POV*

The night went into a mass whirl, like the billowing black smoke that engulfed the night air. Tony rushed towards Charlotte shouting; “No! Charlotte! Please live, I need you, I love you!” His words cut into my heart as we all stood watching, in hope that Charlotte would live.
Charlotte’s mother and father were next to step forward, their own little girl, moments away from the possibility of losing her.
“She’s breathing!” Alejandro, her father, called out.
“We must get to a safe place, the fire is becoming out of control” Henry shouted.
As the fire was roaring towards us, Henry decided to move us all out back home, rushing, we gathered our gear as Tony carried Charlotte towards the vehicles that were waiting for us.
Once all hunters had been gathered and put into their vehicles we set off.
Charlotte was laid across Katrina’s and I's lap.
Just as I was about to slink into sleep, a soft murmur came from Charlotte’s lips.
“Charlotte????!!!!” Katrina cried out
“Mum?” her voice was timid and hoarse.
“Shhh be quiet my little one, you were bitten, it will hurt for you to talk” Katrina replied stroking her head lovingly.
“Jett?” she whispered
“Right here Charlotte, Sandra too” Jett called from the front of the van.
“T...T...To...Ton...Tony” she stuttered as a small bright tear came sliding from the corner of her eye.
Tony leant forward from his position opposite us and placed his hand into Charlotte's lovingly and whispered in her ear.
“I’ll never leave you my beautiful angel”

*The next morning*

*Jett’s POV*

We had finally got back home; all those who were from other towns and cities were resting up in the many rooms in the halls.
Everyone was so quiet, Tony never left Charlotte’s side, everyone was so worried for her, nobody knew if blood was exchanged and whether she would become one of the things we hunted, if that happened, what would we do?
Kill her? Surely not.... right?
I saw Taylor come from the medical centre, running up to her I saw tears in her eyes.
“Taylor? What’s happened?” I asked quickly.
“Charlotte, she won’t wake up” She cried, engulfing me in a tight bear hug.
Sadness engulfed me, she had saved me and now she was in danger of dying.
I broke out of Taylor’s grip, ran to the medical centre, seeing Tony being held back by Alejandro, screaming.
“Charlotte! No!!!” He screamed out
“Jett?” Katrina’s voice wobbled
“No, please tell me she’s not...” I whimpered
Katrina burst into a flood of tears, gripping me close to her chest, in the background all that could be heard were the screams of Tony, crying and the constant noise coming from the heart monitor, signalling she had lost all rhythm in her heart.
A heart to which we all cared for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my loyal readers who stick with me even when I don't write for ages.
Comment :D Subscribe, tell your friends.
Love to my readers xx