‹ Prequel: Crimson (Book One)

Darkness Follows (Book Two)

Charlotte's Lies

*Charlotte’s POV*

After seeing Jett my heart began to break, I missed my old life but how could I go back to them, I was a vampire now, a monster with a thirst for blood.
I had to stop Corbin and Serena from hurting them, how could I of offered to tell them everything? Somehow I had to save the hunter race, even if it meant risking my own life, anything was better than being a monster.

“Where the bloody hell have you been?!” Corbin said angrily from behind me, making me jump.
“I went to feed” I replied
“Don’t you dare lie to me!” he said his eyes turned black with anger as he gave my cheek a sharp slap, turning my head from the blow.
“Now I’ll ask you again, where have you been?” He asked agitated
“I just said... out to feed”
His anger became more forceful, his eyes black, he kicked me so hard in the stomach and it sent me flying into a hard cemented wall, and I gasped from the pain.
“Never lie to me Charlotte”
“Ok...I went to the hunter headquarters to check up on the perimeter for weakness and to see if there was any I could pick off” I sighed and told him, he couldn’t know the truth, that I was really there to warn them about the plans of the vampire and werewolf species, but I hadn’t been able to do it and ran off when Jett had seen me, I had planned to approach him but I was scared, scared for my life, I was a vampire now and the hunters kill the vampire kind so they would have to kill me... wouldn’t they?
“And what did you find?” he said with suspicion in his voice
“I could not find any weakness; the hunters have reinforced the perimeter with stronger gates and electric fences. They are also going out in bigger groups; I was unable to get a bite into anyone”
He began to walk slowly around me like a predator teasing its prey.
“Well then, next time you go out, you go with a team, you don’t mind do you? And you shall not be alone at any one point. If you’re telling the truth then you won’t mind” he smirked, he knew he got me, but I could not let him know.
“Of course I don’t mind hunny, I am telling the truth, why would I ever lie to you?” I said sashaying towards him, my arm gently around his neck.
“Do not try to seduce me Charlotte” he said grabbing my arm away throwing it back to my side.
He turned and began to walk away towards the room where Serena was staying.
“You shall go to our bedroom and stay there, I am going to see Serena, and if you leave the room I shall have you thrown with the dogs” he said.
I was in trouble.
I went straight to our room, thinking of how I was going to get out of this sticky situation. The easiness of staying around Corbin was becoming more difficult now and I had to think quickly, or be killed along with the hunter race.

There was a knock on the door a few hours later.
“Come in” I called, as Serena herself walked through the door.
“Corbin tells me you did not find any way into the hunter’s headquarters, he seems to think you’re lying, I however... do not”
“First of all I never said there was no way in, just that there was no weakness in the perimeter, however, I only had a quick look, not an in-depth search, and too many hunters were around for me to get too close to the fences. I could not risk my life to get close, I am not one of them anymore, and they would kill me within seconds” I tried to make excuses quickly.
Serena chuckled.
“Do not worry your young self, I believe you, in fact I have a little job for you to do. Corbin consistently leaves this house and I have sent some of my men to follow him, all have failed, you how ever are a lot closer to him and would know better ways of tracking him, am I right?” she asked, I breathed a sigh of relief that my excuses had worked and Corbin himself was under her cruel watch.
“Yes, I have been with him for five years now, I could track him easily”
“Well then, that settles it, I shall tell Corbin that you are off the hook, you shall keep an eye on him for me, and let me know of anything I should know, my little spy” She said winking at me before turning and leaving the room, but before she left she began to speak again.
“Oh and Charlotte, at the end of the week there shall be a meeting, I wish for you to be at my side, come smartly dress, Zane is coming” She said walking out of the room elegantly.

If Zane was on his way here, the plans of war were getting more in depth; soon I’d have to give details on the hunter head quarters. I had to warn them, and this time I couldn’t run off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I'm nice heres another chapter :D
I am trying to get ahead on writing right now so I can give at least a chapter per week, I have not been writing properly for a while and I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to try and write more often.
Bare with me and get some comments in lol I have silent readers that aren't commenting, pleeaasseee will they comment :D