‹ Prequel: Crimson (Book One)

Darkness Follows (Book Two)

The Meeting

*Alejandro’s POV*

It was time to begin the meeting of all meetings. For the first time I would be standing in front of nearly all the hunters in the area, a large meeting of skill and achievement.
I walk boldly out into the hall; a hush comes out into the great numbers of people.
“Good evening. I have called upon you all to announce some news. Some of you may know that three days ago a piece of fabric was found of our former member, my daughter, Charlotte who had somehow got within the perimeter. That piece of fabric has been analysed. Unfortunately, it gave us no information on where they are hiding, but, our scientists found a sample of blood that belongs to my child, they are looking into whether we could come up with a way to change those brutes back into what they were, humans and hunters alike. They are also working on finding a new way of killing off the vampire and werewolf races. For now we must all set ourselves to training to be at our best, I have a feeling that Charlotte’s coming means something, I believe that war is coming” I said confidently
A few hands were raised, I pointed to a young man, about 20 years of age.
“You are trying to make them back into what they were, but they have killed, made others suffer, how can you bring them back when all they have brought is pain and suffering!” he said angrily a few people murmured agreement.
“It is not their fault; it is that of those who turned them, the originals, we shall still destroy the originals that are left, two have already been killed in our country and from now on we shall win the war!”
A cheer sailed through the hall, even the young man’s face lit up, but then I saw him looking not towards me, but towards one of Charlotte’s friends, Blake. His face was that of adoration. May be this was the reason Blake was so distant; maybe he had a new friend. I would be having words with that group later any way, maybe it was time to have some, one on one conversation.
The meeting went on for another hour, as plans were made for training, grouping and more questions were answered. At the end the crowd dispersed, I had ordered Tony, Jett and the rest of the group to stay in the hall so we could have a long chat.

*Jett’s POV*

We had been called to stay behind; we stayed quiet around each other, it was so awkward.
“What the bloody hell is going on with you lot?!” Alejandro he called out walking, from the front of the hall. We all looked at each other miffed at what Alejandro had just said.
“What ARE you talking about?” Taylor said short tempered.
“I am talking about your separation from each other” He said, looking around it was easily visible where the separation was. Tony, I and Katrina were standing in one place, Alex, Dakota and Taylor in another and Blake and Aala were both standing as far away from us as they could, separately each side of us.
“Charlotte was the one that always kept the group together” Aala said timidly, speaking out for the first time in a few years
“So you all are willing for it to get between you, should it not ignite you to be together even stronger” Alejandro said to us all.
“Alejandro is right, we can’t let it get between our friendships, we were such a great family before” Dakota spoke up
“Yeah” Tony, Alex and I said jointly, chuckling at our timings
“And what about the rest of you, Taylor, Blake and Aala?” Katrina got involved
“I...um... I just miss her so much” Aala cried falling to her knees. I ran to her, holding her in an embrace, making soothing sounds, telling her we would get her back, we had to get her back.
“I miss her too Aala, we all do” Blake said, slowly taking her off of me.
“I don’t” Taylor said sharply
The shock as we all turned to Taylor and gasped in amazement that she had said such a thing.
“Why should I miss her, she had everything I could have ever wanted, a family, a home, Tony... Yes Tony, I fell for you the first time I ever met you, and when I found out that bitch had you, I knew I had to get rid of her, I’m glad she’s gone, that her life was ripped from her and I hope she never comes back!” Taylor said angrily walking out of the hall.

“Fuck, I wasn’t expecting that” I said quietly
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I have added this chapter as a sorry as I will not be able to write for about a week maybe two as college are being pains and I have a tonne of work to do.
I'm sorry and I will get back to writing as soon as possible!
Hope you like the chapters.
Comment - Subscribe - Spread the word! Get my story read!