Status: Complete

I'm Ready to Leap. I'm Ready to Live.

two

Brendon’s POV

I almost started weeping right then and there. She looked absolutely perfect, just like I had imagined she would. I felt Sarah stiffen beside me. I ignored her and kept my eyes on Kat’s face. At first she looked supremely scared. Then she looked at Craig and her face was full of adoration, but not for long as confusion clouded her eyes. She looked from him to someone near me and then she found me. A peaceful smile placed itself on her face as she continued to gaze at me. I smiled back at her trying to convey every emotion I was feeling to her. She looked like she wanted to stop, but she kept going. I turned to the front and noticed Sarah and Craig’s eyes locked on each other’s.

When the preacher asked that everyone sit down I basically had to yank her down into her seat. “What the hell is wrong with you?” I whispered to her.

“Nothing.” she spat.

I turned away from her and looked to the altar. So many emotions were stirring in my chest. My mind flashed back to times when Kat’s body was against mine, when her lips were pressed to my own, when our hands were clasped tightly together, and when our mouths whispered words of love to one another.

“If there is anyone who objects to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace.” the preacher’s booming voice said, interrupting my flashbacks.

In point three seconds I realized I was standing and that the words “I do.” had just came from my mouth. I felt someone next to me standing, but I barely acknowledged their presence. “Kat I…” I fumbled for the right words.

She looked to Craig who wasn’t even looking at her. Her gaze followed his to land on the other person who was standing. “Sarah, what are you doing?” I asked confused.

She ignored me and made her way towards the altar. “Craig.” she said looking at him.

“Sarah? Is that really you?” he asked, his voice full of wonder.

She nodded. Her eyes filling up with tears. “I love you Craig. I’ve never stopped and I can’t let you do this.” He pulled her into his arms. Ignoring the woman his was literally about to marry.

I wasn’t ignoring her. I ran to her side as she collapsed. “Kat. Open your eyes. Please. Please, please love open them.” I lifted her limp body into my arms and glanced at Selene. Who was smiling serenely at me. She hadn’t told Kat what I had to said her. I smirked at her and she chuckled. “I thought it would be more dramatic this way.” she said chuckling into my ear as she walked beside me.

“You would.” I said laughing.

“I just didn’t plan on it being a two for.” she said shaking her head. “How is it that your girlfriend was Craig’s old flame? I mean does this stuff even happen in real life?” she asked her face turning red with laughter. “I mean you can’t even write this stuff.”

“I have no idea. Although she was acting weird about the whole thing. I was just so busy thinking about Kat that I didn’t pay any attention to what she had brewing. Apparently it does Selene, cause it totally just happened.”

Kat stirred in my arms. “Where should I take her?” I asked somewhat desperately.

“Back here” Selene answered leading towards what had once been Kat’s dressing room.

I walked inside and laid Kat down on one of the sofas and looked up to see that Selene had left and shut the door behind her. ‘That scheming little..’ but I didn’t get to finish that thought as Kat’s eyes fluttered open.

“Brendon.” she said weakly.

She wasn’t looking at me so I assumed she didn’t know I was there. “I’m right here Kat.”

She turned towards me. “You are here.” she said as tears filled her eyes.

“Hey, don’t cry. It’s ok.”

“You love me.” she said simply.

“I always have.”

“You came all the way here to stop me from marrying Craig and instead your girlfriend turns out to be Craig’s old love and he ditched me for her in front of everyone.” she cried.

“I’m so sorry. I had no idea about any of that. None of this was even supposed to happen like this. I take it Selene didn’t tell you what I asked her to did she?”

“Yeah. She said you couldn’t wait to see me and that you guys probably wouldn’t make it to the reception or something like that.”

I chuckled. “Your Aunt is such a meddler. She only told you one part and that last bit she made up.”

“What do you mean?” she asked confused.

“I literally begged her to let me speak to you or at least to tell you that I didn’t want you to go through with this. She told me she wouldn’t let me see you, but she would at least tell you what I said. Then after you collapsed she says ‘I thought it would be more dramatic this way’.”

Kat laughed, “That sounds like her. What would you have said if she would have let you talk to me and why didn’t you want me to marry him if you didn’t even know Sarah was going to do what she did?”

“I love you Kat. I always have I always will and I don’t want to waste any more of my life with out you. When I got your invitation it was the hardest letter I ever had to read, but I felt like at the same time you wanted me here because you still felt it too, whether you realized it or not. You’re supposed to marry me Kat. You know it. I know it and your Aunt has apparently always known it.”

Her eyes watered. Instead of answering me I felt her lips against mine. “I love you Brendon.” she mumbled into my mouth. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’ve missed you too.” I replied kissing her forehead. “Come on let’s get the hell out of here.”

“Bren, you can’t say the H word. We’re in a church.” she said sternly even though she was still crying.

“Sorry.” I said chuckling.

A half-hearted smile pulled her lips up a tiny bit. She looked up and froze. I followed her gaze to Craig standing outside the doors staring back at her. A pleading look on his face. “Well, I should go talk to him.” she said sadly.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” I told her.

“No, Bren, I really do. I almost married the guy.”

I squeezed her hand wondering when I had taken hold of it, before she walked off towards Craig.
♠ ♠ ♠
How's that for a twist. hahaha. Can't wait to post the next chapter I worked super hard on it. I really wanted to capture the emotions I think I did an all right job.

So let me know what you think and all that Jazz. No more Silent readers :)

<3 you