Status: Complete

I'm Ready to Leap. I'm Ready to Live.

seven

Kat’s POV

Brendon and I spent the day laying on the couch watching movies. Something we hadn’t done since we were teenagers. I still jumped every time I was scared and he still laughed and pulled me into his arms. I had truly forgotten everything he used to make me feel, but it was beginning to seep into my heart again. I really had missed him.

“Hey I want to take you somewhere.” Brendon said, interrupting my thoughts.

I smiled. “Oh yeah? Where?”

“I kind of want it to be a surprise. I promise it’ll be worth it.” he replied grinning.

Before I could say anything else on the matter he was running up the stairs. I sat on the couch, curiosity oozing from my pores. I didn’t really have a whole lot of time to ponder the matter, because he was back in a matter of seconds carrying a tie of his.

“Are you seriously going to blind fold me?” I asked giving him an annoyed look.

“Yes. Please Kat just go along with this please. I know you and how you’re thinking about making this extremely difficult, because I know how you are. I’m begging you just this once let me do this.” he pleaded.

“Ok if you’re going to use the cute beg face I really can’t say no can I?” I sighed and stood so he could put in on me.

“That’s the spirit.” he exclaimed as he gently tied it over my eyes.

*******************************************************************

He helped me out of the car.

“We’re here already?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, we are.” he answered. Letting me pull the blindfold from my eyes.

I looked around as my eyes adjusted to the darkness. “Really Brendon? You brought me back to our high school?” I said exasperated. I had no idea what he had up his sleeve and when I turned to ask him I watched as he took off running.

“Brendon you ass.” I yelled taking off after him.

Honestly I had no idea why he had done this. He knew I was faster than him. As if to prove my thoughts I watched as I quickly began to shorten the distance between the two of us. I let out a chuckle as I jumped for his back hitting him pretty hard and knocking him to the ground. I felt his breath rush out from his lungs and then it hit me. He rolled over to face me. Before I could even say anything he had flipped me over and he was straddling me.

“Any of this feel familiar?” he asked as he looked down at me.

“I…this…Bren…” I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t even think. A rush of nostalgia pushed inside my mind and all I could think of was two teenagers under this very tree so many years ago. My red hair spilled all over the grass just like it was back then. I looked up into Brendon’s eyes. They didn’t have the same look in them as they did then. Instead they were filled with so much more. I lifted myself up. “Yes, it does. Does this?” I asked and before he could answer I pressed my lips against his.

I felt him smile against my mouth and then the gentle tickle of his tongue on my bottom lip. I let out a breath opening my mouth to him. Our lips tangled together as our tongues met and a low groan came from the back of Brendon’s throat. His hands made their way into my hair pulling us closer together.

Sooner than I would have liked he pulled away from me breaking our kiss. “I love you.” he whispered so quietly I was unsure if I had been meant to hear it.

“I love you too.” I whispered back.

He looked up in surprise. “What?” I asked “Is that really so hard to believe?”

“No, I just never thought I would hear you say it again. I mean we only said it once before I left for that first tour and I was certain those words would never be meant for my ears again.” he said as his eyes clouded with sadness.

“Bren,” I whispered, “I’m sorry for that. For not even giving it a chance I mean.”

“Don’t. Don’t apologize for that. I understand why you made that decision.”

“No, you don’t.” I shot back sadly.

“No, you’re right I don’t.” he said looking at me quizzically.

“I just….I dunno. I guess I thought it would be better for both of us. I figured we wouldn’t have to worry about each other while you were gone. We wouldn’t have to wonder what the other person was doing while trying to express our love through countless phone calls and short visits. It was me Bren. I was the weak one. I couldn’t handle knowing you would be gone and that I wouldn’t be able to see you. So many other people have left me and I couldn’t let go of them. I thought maybe I could let go of you. I could let you go on tour and meet the woman of your dreams and that you’re life would be the perfect picture I’ve always wanted to be a part of, but never felt worthy of it.”

“Kat, there are no pictures in my life that don’t have you in them. When I saw you in that white dress in the church I felt a lot of things. Anger, hurt, jealousy, but most of all I felt confused because I always knew that I would be the guy saying I do to you, dancing with you, holding you and telling you how much I love you while you wore it.” he replied a tear sneaking out of his eye.

I felt the tears that had been welling in my eyes spill over and slide down my dry cheeks. “I’m so sorry.” I whispered.

“Please, Kat, don’t I can’t handle you feeling guilty for falling in love with someone else when I gave up. I should have never let you stop believing that I loved you.” he pulled me into his arms and just held me.

Neither of us said anything for a while. We just cried for all the time we’d lost, for all the things we should have done, and all the things we wished we would have said. I listened to the steady beat of Brendon’s heart letting the easy rhythm slow my sobs. I loved Brendon and this time there was no way that I was going to give him up or let him out of my life again.

“Brendon.” I said feeling strength in my voice.

“Hmm?” he asked quietly.

“I want you to come back to Vegas. You belong here, with me.”

“I’m glad you feel that way because I actually have one more surprise for you.” he said smiling lightly.

“Please tell me I don’t have to wear a blindfold.”

“Well, you could, but you wouldn’t be able to see this.” he said producing a small black box from his pocket.

“Ekaterina DeFrain you better marry me.”

I laughed. “Do I have a choice?”

“Absolutely not.” he replied as fresh tears littered both our faces.

“Well then. I suppose were getting married.” I said pulling him down on top of me.

“I suppose we are.” he said kissing my lips. “Don’t bring anybody who’ll object.”

Laughing I promised, “I wont. I love you.”

“I love you too my always wonderful Russian Queen.” he said as he slid the gorgeous ring on my finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took sooooo long. I just wasn't really sure about what I wanted to happen. So I'm thinking this may only have one or two chapters left. I am seriously thinking about writing an original fiction.

Would anyone read it?

As always thank you for those of you that have been reading this and those who have subscribed. Love you.

Oh I REALLY REALLY REALLY want you guys to send me requests if you have someone in mind that you would like me to write about. I would LOVE to do it!!!!!