Here With You

Life

Zach and I picked up James and Christian. Christian was walking, kicking big enough stones to kick along the way. Zach was behind us with James wrapped around his waist. They shared the same eyes, and it was beautiful to see.

Along the car ride home, we passed by the park. Catching my eye, ruffle dark brown hair, green eyes, muscles. And another person, sunglasses, dancing like crazy, laughing. It was Cameron and Michael.

We stopped and got out the car with the boys. Cameron immediately ran to us with Michael in the back catching up. He ran up to James and Christian and was crying. Zach was in tears too. That was the very first time he saw the boys. They're too busy on the road that they don't have time to stop by anymore.

Cameron and Jamie had two boys and one adopted child. Michael and Elizabeth are trying and married, but they have adopted a puppy from the shelter. Nathan and Nora are now planning their wedding and we were all invited.

We left that day with happy smiles. We all have our own lives and families that they won't have time on the road anymore.

10 years later..

"Mom! Valerie's borrowing my stuff!" Emma yelled from upstairs. Zach rushed up there to settle it down. Zach and I both had jobs in the medical company. Christian was in college, James and Emma were in high school and Valerie was in junior high. We all left at the same time so the house was a complete ruckus.

James came down, dressed up casually, yet a touch of formal. I knew why. It was him and his girlfriends one year anniversary. It was also me and Zach's 18th wedding anniversary. So we were both doing something. He finished eating and hugged me goodbye. He got Emma to go to school. Me and Zach dropped off Val.

We dropped off and were now on the way to the hospital. Zach couldn't keep his hands off and I didnt mind, but it was our work and I needed to concentrate. He gave me a puppy face but after learning not to fall for it, he gave up and wanted after. We ended work at 5 and we would leave the girls alone until 10. James also promised to come by that time too.

Zach took me to dinner and a rented out a theater for privacy. We put up the arm rests an we laid down and didn't pay attention to the screen. Zachary was letting out his emotions and frustrations so quickly. Soon after that business was done, he took me to the beach to walk along the shore. Our whole day was a date that we used to have almost everytime we were younger. It brang back millions of memories.

We talked about our favorite moments with each other and that was our conversation the whole ride home. We sneaked up to the bedroom quietly since the girls were already asleep. We just laid there and We thought about our lives. How much we loved each other. How we're still going strong after all these years. How we made such wonderful kids and raised them to be who they are today. That's how our life was. Every day. And we loved every second of it because we were with each other and that's all that mattered.