Here With You

Midnight Calls

*Chanelle's P.O.V.*
I was stunned, confused. Why would Zach want my number? I didn't want to believe it until it happened.
Jamie was sleeping in the passenger and I was driving. I wanted to focus on the road and not what just happened. I went in the drive-thru of Starbucks to get a quick beverage.
"Hello, what can I get you?"
"1 Java Chip Grande. And 1 Vanilla Bean Grande"
She told me the price and drove up to the 2nd window. I put down the window and waited. I looked at Jamie and snapped a picture. Who knows? It could be a memory. Then a lady around our age, in college, showed up.
She gave us our drinks and I gave her the money. She was looking at me and noticed I was feeling kinda down.
"Anything wrong miss?"
"Not really. Just confused with my own emotions and what's happening in life"
"Everyone has that. And everyone gets through it, but sometimes you just need to stop worrying about it and the real answer will come to you"
She wasn't the best 'quote carrier' I got. But it made sense. I flashed a smile, said thank you, and drove away.

We got home and Jamie once again was sleeping over. I shook her, and told her to go inside and sleep in the guest room, and said I was going to clean up the car. She nodded and moaned, then went inside to turn the front door lights on for me to see better. I was cleaning up my dashboard; receipts, notes, and pictures everywhere. I cleaned the front of the car and wrote a note on my hand to wash the car the next day.

My phone vibrated once in my back pocket. I pulled it out and saw I had a text from Jamie.
It read 'Aye girly. C u 2mro. Gotta hit the hay. Niteee!' I texted back goodnight and finished up picking up all the trash from the car. All of this stuff was making me forget about Zach for a second. My phone vibrated again, thinking it was Jamie, I ignored it. But it was vibrating multiple times, so I took it out and a number I was not familiar with was calling. I answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hi Chanelle"
"Oh hey Zach! I forgot I gave you my number"
"Really? If I was you, I wouldn't have forget"
"I'm sorry"
"Not a problem. How are you?"
"You just saw me like less than an hour ago. How do you think I'm feeling?"
"Pretty freaking fantastic haa"
"You got that right...What's up?"
"Not much, just finished the meet and greet. We're on the bus and the guys left me alone"
"That's sad."
"You voice seems glum. You alright?"
"Ahh. Not glum, confused, which makes me glum"
"Confused about what?"
"Why did you want my number?"
"That's nothing to be glum about. You seem cool, I wanted it to get to know you better"
"Oh. Okay. I was just confused"
"Mhm"
"Sorry for getting all up on you"
"You say sorry way too much. Stop stressing"
"Can I stay on the phone for you awhile? I'm alone too haha"
"Sure thing"
So we talked for more than 3 hours past midnight.
We slept on the phone on each other. Until I hanged up because his snoring was too loud on the phone.