Status: If I get alt least five comments then I'll update.Pinky swear :)

Matters of the Hart

By My Side

Chapter One – By My Side

For a shield from the storm;
For a friend; for a love
To keep me safe and warm,
I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong;
For the will to carry on;
For everything you do;
For everything that's true,
I turn to you.

Christina Aguilera - I Turn to You

I made my way into the living room with full tray of nail polish. Gently, I set it onto the coffee table, and then sat down next to Pippa on the ground.

“So, how was your stay in Canada?”Pippa asked while painting my toenails a pale pink colour.

“Eh, it was okay I guess nothing exciting.”I told her.

“Did you find out anything about your parents?”

To avoid answering her, I picked out two bottles off of the tray, and asked her,” Sparkly blue or orange?”

“Orange,” She answered.” And don’t avoid the question Lilly! Come on, who are you going to tell if not me?”

Her words made me stop what I was doing. What Pippa said was completely true. It’s not that I was anti-social, just shy and reserved. It had a lot to do with my past, and Pippa -and her sister- were well aware of that. It’s why they acted like overprotective sisters, and in a way they were.

It defiantly got annoying at times but Pippa and Kate Middleton were two blessings in my life.

“Nothing” I said quietly. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as I said it. They were now tumbling down my face, leaving my cheeks sticky and hot. Seeing my tears, Pippa quickly pulled me into a comforting hug.

“It’s okay Lilly, don’t cry honey.”She soothed.” It will be alright, one day you will find out who your parents were, and until then you’ll have me.”

As I sat there, in Pippa’s warm hug -contemplating her words- with tears still still streaming down my face, I realized that I always would have her by my side. That thought alone was enough to bring a smile to my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there!I know that this is a really short chapter,which may put you off from my story but I promise that future chapters will be longer.Although in my defense this took up a page and a half in my notebook.
I promise that chapter two took up like seven pages.
Cupcakes to whoever reviews :)

Oh and these are Lilliy's PJ's:

Lilly's PJ's

Peace!